10+ Year Old Account

Rift Update 2.8 dropping August the 6th

Fasten your seatbelts, after a few weeks of new content every week, it's already time for Update 2.8 to hit on August the 6th

Rift 2.8 coming Aug. 6!

Across Telara, ominous events portend the arrival of living nightmares tying the fate of the Ascended to a dream-born invasion rippling through the Plane of Water!

Follow Kira and Uriel in a new Tale of the Deep lore piece setting RIFT 2.8: Madness Wakes into action, then tune in to our full update coverage next week!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...g-aug-6-a.html

This will be the last Update before we get the new Expansion 3.0 - Nightmare Tide and will give us massive, new zone events and an epic story chain quest leading up to 3.0

Tested earlier this evening on the PTS was one of the new zone events in lowblie area Freemarch, enjoy the screen shots, more news as they release it

Please say the zone events and new story quests aren't low level : /

going off this, when do you think we can expect 3.0? Early September?

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    going off this, when do you think we can expect 3.0? Early September?
    I'd imagine closer to November-ish. Content seems to be around every 2.5-3 months nowadays, and IIRC there was a bit bigger of a gap between the final patch from chocolate and SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Please say the zone events and new story quests aren't low level : /
    As far as I know the story quests starts in Tempest Bay and one of the first steps was to find Princess Isabella (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I think, Freemarch was only for PTS. Or/and it's an event which can spawn in every zone across Mathosia/Dusken/Brevane.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new zone events will happen in all zones from beginning zone to end-zones, the new epic storyline is at least level 58-60 as it starts in Tempest Bay, heads to Kingsward and right now is in Morban where it's currently bugged a bit so you can't advance it.

Speaking of bugfixes, one of the Lead Devs Tacitus, was burning the midnight oil fixing some of the issues from last night's Test in Freemarch and has plans to run another one today/tonight in Silverwood.

If he keeps to the same times it'll be 4pm Pacific Time which is 11pm GMT,a bit late for us Europeans but at least it's a holiday weekend here

I took care of the broken scripting resulting in bosses being immune, the first two bosses not crediting the zone event quest objectives, the issues with map markers, the screwy health bar on the last shield, and... a bunch of other fixes I am sure I am forgetting at 1am.

I also decreased the amount of time required to pick up a dream catcher, increased the health of the dream catchers, fixed the text implying you could aim the placement of the Dream Catchers, added pop controllers to the invasions, replaced the abilities being used by the bosses, and finished setting up the event to run in Silverwood. Assuming we get a good build, I want to run another playtest Friday afternoon in Silverwood.

I think more tuning is needed on the invasions, so I will be working on that during the day on Friday, but any adjustments I make will not show up for the playtest.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4857528

Cool, but any word on multi-core support so that this game can enter this decade? : 3

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

If he keeps to the same times it'll be 4pm Pacific Time which is 11pm GMT,a bit late for us Europeans but at least it's a holiday weekend here
    Gnargh, I'm too stupid for this pm GMT stuff... @_@
    Is this by any chance 23 o'clock? <- is this "o'clock" still used? I've learned it in school, which was around... 1992. -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, but any word on multi-core support so that this game can enter this decade? : 3
    Would be awesome, indeed

10+ Year Old Account
    A trailer is out for 2.8 - Madness Wakes