should i start my own guild?

i havent had much luck with guilds lately and been thinking of starting my own, but i never started a guild in swtor but i am damn good at the game (been playing since beta)

can anyone give me some pointers on how to get a guild started? I guess first i need to find 3 unguilded people and group with them to start a guild...after that do i basically need to go to a starter planet and recruit low level/new people and slowly build them up to 55 and form an ops team/recruit more people on the way?

what tips can u give me? i feel like just standing in fleet all day and spamming a guild ad isnt the way to go...is it?

- - - Updated - - -

also how can i find 3 people to start a guild with? advertise in fleet? i figure only new people will come but they seem so hyper i dont know if i can get them to stay in group long enough to talk to the guild registar...

- - - Updated - - -

what guild names can you recommend? i want something that refers to the depression and pain of the world as well as a small ray of hope.

- - - Updated - - -

also it really sucks because every guild name i can think of, I feel like people can make fun of, like if i wwent with the guild name "risen minds" people could call it "stupid minds" or something - so is that something that just comes with the territory? or do u have to find a guild name that is parody proof as well?

- - - Updated - - -

btw do u think its too late to start a guild? i hear its best to start guilds in mmos when it firsts launches cus after that most new guilds have a 90% chance of failing since people want to join developed guilds.
    jedi? dark jedi!

I feel your pain, I also have mental illness and I've learned over my life that people all suck. I can't think of a single person in my life who didn't have something I couldn't stand. I've been playing swtor since beta and Eben though I'm in a guild I play by myself 99% of the time. I keep chat off cus every guild I been in has some jerk who makes me ant to /gquit. I'm in a guild.now but only for the xp bonus.

Forget all the crap hey told.u as a kid. This world is 100% dog eat dog and guilds are just a falsetto to use you. Nothing comes without a price. And keep.your guard up and don't get too friendly with people cus it only takes a millisecond for the best friend in the world.to.turn into q complete douche.

Got typos cus I'm on phone and having a bipolar episode myself after what some people told me and my hands won't stop shaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leading a guild of raiders on Bastion. I don't advertise for my guild recruiting. We run Ops and flashpoints with 2-3 people. PvP as well here and there. We invite people who we can identify as raid aware and know their class. It's works out in the sense that we will gain prestige through word of mouth instead of saying we are awesome.

We tend to pvp on Tat as well to basically say that anyone from my guild is down to fight an Imp. But we are fair as well and don't gank the lowbies.

TLDR: I would advise advertising for a brand new guild. Get yourself established on the server you pick. Then people will look for you. Very strong community on each server. It's easy to identify who the assholes are.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2014-08-01 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolnahalke View Post
    [SNIP]
    Not wanting to sound too harsh but I'm short of time so don't have the time to fully explain my reason so here is the TLDR version:-
    The fact that you are asking these questions leads me to believe that you lack the leadership skills required to head up a guild of any sort of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    [Snip]
    Can I suggest then that you don't post during a bipolar episode? It doesn't seem to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    Not wanting to sound too harsh but I'm short of time so don't have the time to fully explain my reason so here is the TLDR version:-
    The fact that you are asking these questions leads me to believe that you lack the leadership skills required to head up a guild of any sort of success.

Can I suggest then that you don't post during a bipolar episode? It doesn't seem to help.
    not to sound harsh, but nothing you say has any value to me. from your post history I can tell you are nothing more than a troll - fyi, I started and still currently lead one of the most prominent guilds on SoR in gw2.
    jedi? dark jedi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it civil. Arguing about who is more wrong leads to both parties being at fault.

Also, please refrain from calling other posters "trolls".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Never too late to start a guild.
    2. Just shout 100k per guild signature and ppl will sign.
    3. Guild names:

Sanctuary
    Crossroads
    The Moment
    PBnJ*

Anyone with enough hate in their heart will pick apart a guild name so just keep your /ignore list ready.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. Never too late to start a guild.
    2. Just shout 100k per guild signature and ppl will sign.
    3. Guild names:

Sanctuary
    Crossroads
    The Moment
    PBnJ*

Anyone with enough hate in their heart will pick apart a guild name so just keep your /ignore list ready.

I agree - honestly u may want to start a guild I was kinda the same way. Just sick of people in this world and every guild joined seemed to have jerks so I made my own guild and its the best guild I been in. Considering how you are frustrated by how others are doing things you may just be leadership material and maybe your guild will rise and shine above others.
    Last edited by Tesket; 2014-08-02 at 02:02 PM.