Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    True, but I highly doubt you're gonna get any of that from strictly fast food.
    not gonna argue that against that. what with pink slime being their main ingredient till just a few years ago is enough to keep me the fuck away.

There's no magical ingredient in fast food that will balloon you up no matter what portions you eat. If you overeat "healthy" food you'll get fat, too. Eat correctly sized portions and you'll be fine.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible.
    Just watch Super Size Me, it's a documentary about a guy doing that with McDonalds.
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    He dosn't ask if it will make you fat, he's asking if its unhealthy. I'm pretty sure theres a chance of overdosing on sodium if you eat too much fast food.

You know I'm pretty sure when I watched it, it didn't seem like it was any form or shape of entertainment at all. Granted, it might not be 100% accurate for everyone, but it gives a good idea.
    I think you're thinking too narrowly on what constitutes entertainment.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can eat it, as long as you stay within a reasonable dietary budget and how you treat your body otherwise.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    And he got away with only 6 forms of cancer *yay*
    Just curious but where does it say he got cancer from this little experiment? If he did have cancer it honestly could have been from a large number of things ranging from Dietary and Genetics to Environmental and Viral.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    He dosn't ask if it will make you fat, he's asking if its unhealthy. I'm pretty sure theres a chance of overdosing on sodium if you eat too much fast food.
    Overdosing on sodium? Where the fuck did you hear that? It's not like you're drinking salt water, the amount of salt in fast food is high but it's not anything close to enough to overdose you on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the Super Size Me crap. That "documentary" was debunked into being mostly full of it: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...llbeing.health

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not gonna argue that against that. what with pink slime being their main ingredient till just a few years ago is enough to keep me the fuck away.
    While we're on the subject of making people stop freaking out about stuff they shouldn't be freaking out about...

just start lifting...
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Are you kidding me? Im usually never this harsh, but Mcdonalds isn't even food. I personally with other college students did a study with Mcdonalds fast food, and after leaving the food outside for months. We conducted not even insects are interested, and it doesn't even rot. Its not about proportions. You might as well eat chemicals if you decide to eat Mcdolalds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you order probably. *shrug*

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Depends on what you order probably. *shrug*
    You could never live off of fast food, unless Malaysian Airlines are called 'fast food'.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the definition of fast food.

There are many places around these days where you can just drop in and buy a meal and the meals are actually quite normal.

Have a Carvery down the road from where I live and they do Roast and Veges which are ready to be bought, walk in say what you want, walk out within 2 mins.

That is fast food to me and A proper cooked roast with vegetables is more healthy than the 2 packets of Ramen I would have eaten at home instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Enough with the Super Size Me crap. That "documentary" was debunked into being mostly full of it: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...llbeing.health
    I'm confused, I read it several times and fall to see how that debunks it? All I see is basically that it's saying that the body does adapt to it, but it's still pretty unhealthy, and that the guy from Super Size Me might of had other issues going into it.
    My point was if you want to see the absolute worst case scenario, Super Size Me would be a good example, I don't see how that disproves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, I read it several times and fall to see how that debunks it? All I see is basically that it's saying that the body does adapt to it, but it's still pretty unhealthy, and that the guy from Super Size Me might of had other issues going into it.
    My point was if you want to see the absolute worst case scenario, Super Size Me would be a good example, I don't see how that disproves it.
    They couldn't replicate any of the health issues and the guy lied about how many calories he had been eating. He also refused to return calls to people to clarify with him (something he complained about in the documentary about McDonalds). He lied to make it sound worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccdfzq2M1Ec
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-08-01 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They couldn't replicate any of the health issues and the guy lied about how many calories he had been eating. He also refused t return calls to people to clarify with him (something he complained about in the documentary about McDonalds). He lied to make it sound worse.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by "other issues", should of clarified.

Sorry, I guess by "debunked" I was expecting a complete "None of this was true", although I suppose you did say "mostly".

I watched the video too now, although that is why I said back on the first page even toning it down to 3000 calories can still be dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I think you're thinking too narrowly on what constitutes entertainment.
    I don't consider watching some guy gouging his face on food and gaining weight entertaining, I'm sorry
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-08-01 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of good fast food. Even getting a burger from say, Wendy's is a healthy option. There is nothing wrong with whats between the two buns. Substitute coke for water and fries for fruit, or a veggie. Plenty of fast food restaurants offer both. You can live a very healthy life eating only fast food.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You might as well eat chemicals if you decide to eat Mcdolalds.
    To be fair you have absolutely no choice in the matter of chemicals: Everything you eat and drink consists of chemicals.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't gain weight if you had half a brain and knew how much to eat. You could eat nothing but chocolate cake your entire life and keep a healthy weight. But if we're talking about something like McDonald, you'd probably be eating a fuckton of salt and fat every day and run into a lack of certain nutriments, ending up with diverse health issues.
    Last edited by Synbios; 2014-08-01 at 05:19 AM.