1. #1

    Question Park heroic lockout

    Hey guys,

    I didn´t find an exact answer for this.

    Yesterday we have finally killed Siegecrafter 10hc but especially one of our tanks is an alt and needs some gear from bosses before.

    My idea is to park this hc lockout with all bosses hc killed on my main. If we now decide to do a fresh id, I would switch to my alt, so that the hc lockout doesn´t get lost. Fresh run can mean, we do only specific bosses hc for gear/achievement.

    So now we have this nh/hc mixed id done. The id after that, it should be possible to extend my 12/14hc id and if we kill Klaxxi, we can go directly to Garrosh, did I get this right?

    And can I extend the 12/14hc id even after two or three more ids?

    ex. [12/14hc id, parked on main] -> [fresh id with nh/hc mixed kills] -> [fresh id extend, because Siegecrafter ^^] -> [...] -> [exend 12/14hc id from main]

    I have read with problems Garrosh spawning after extending lockouts and if there are known problems, I don´t want to run into them.

    Thank you all! And sorry if this question is rather stupid ^^ Didn´t had much to do with hc locks so far.

  2. #2
    nope. if you kill anything on heroic in one lockout, a lockout ID is created. that lockout ID is fixed and includes raid size and bosses. you cannot meddle with that. meaning if you have lockout A with 12/14 hc and then start a new instance and kill any boss on heroic, that new instance gets a lockout. anyone that killed something in that new instance cannot join the old one. heroic lockouts can NOT be merged. if you killed immerius heroic with your guild and I did with mine, we can NOT do protectors heroic (or any other boss on heroic) together.
    same if you do immersius heroic and I do protectors heroic. those two chars cannot kill any boss on heroic together. you can only merge IDs if both or one of them has no heroic kills.

    you can park the 12/14 hc lockout on any unused lvl 90 alt, as for a heroic ID you get locked when zoning in and accept, not when you kill a boss, that's normal only. so you can run some unused alt into the ID, accept the lockout and then it's saved there and can be used later.
    then you can do the first bosses on normal to gear up a new char and then after doing 12/14 normal, you can then use the chars with the 12 normal kills to join your last weeks heroic ID.

    you can NOT farm heroics and then join your old heroic ID though, doesn't work.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    nope. if you kill anything on heroic in one lockout, a lockout ID is created. that lockout ID is fixed and includes raid size and bosses. you cannot meddle with that. meaning if you have lockout A with 12/14 hc and then start a new instance and kill any boss on heroic, that new instance gets a lockout. anyone that killed something in that new instance cannot join the old one. heroic lockouts can NOT be merged. if you killed immerius heroic with your guild and I did with mine, we can NOT do protectors heroic (or any other boss on heroic) together.
    same if you do immersius heroic and I do protectors heroic. those two chars cannot kill any boss on heroic together. you can only merge IDs if both or one of them has no heroic kills.

    you can park the 12/14 hc lockout on any unused lvl 90 alt, as for a heroic ID you get locked when zoning in and accept, not when you kill a boss, that's normal only. so you can run some unused alt into the ID, accept the lockout and then it's saved there and can be used later.
    then you can do the first bosses on normal to gear up a new char and then after doing 12/14 normal, you can then use the chars with the 12 normal kills to join your last weeks heroic ID.

    you can NOT farm heroics and then join your old heroic ID though, doesn't work.
    Did you even read his post? He's talking about the ID AFTER that.

    In other words, like this:

    ID1 - 9 people and OP get 12/14hc ID
    ID2 - OP extends his 12/14hc ID, other 9 people go with his alt on a fresh heroic run to kill some bosses
    ID3 - OP extends his 12/14hc ID, other 9 people (for whom the ID2 save is already expired) can easily join this ID since no bosses were killed in THAT ID since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

  4. #4
    eh, yeah, sorry.

    that's possible of course. you can park IDs for as long as you want.

  5. #5
    Ok, that sounds good So when gets my 12/14hc id overwritten? Do I have to click "extend" every new id or is it enough to extend if we want to go on Klaxxi?

    Thanks so far

  6. #6
    It's enough to extend once you want to do Klaxxi, no need to do it every week.

    Be aware though that Blizzard making any change to the instance servers can result in your IDs getting deleted. This can for example happen when your server gets connected to another one. (This happened to us during Garrosh progress.) There is no garantee that your IDs will still be available after any weekly maintance.

  7. #7
    Ouch, that sucks.

    Another question, do Thok/Siegecrafter/Klaxxi have similar pre hc kill requirements like Garrosh (all 13 before hc downed)?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tsumeno View Post
    Ouch, that sucks.

    Another question, do Thok/Siegecrafter/Klaxxi have similar pre hc kill requirements like Garrosh (all 13 before hc downed)?
    Nope you can do Siegecrafter on normal and Klaxxi on HC. Only for Garrosh you need kill all bosses on HC in the same lockout.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Did you even read his post? He's talking about the ID AFTER that.

    In other words, like this:

    ID1 - 9 people and OP get 12/14hc ID
    ID2 - OP extends his 12/14hc ID, other 9 people go with his alt on a fresh heroic run to kill some bosses
    ID3 - OP extends his 12/14hc ID, other 9 people (for whom the ID2 save is already expired) can easily join this ID since no bosses were killed in THAT ID since then.
    Doesn't work like that. If you kill a boss or get saved to a heroic lockout you can't join another lockout.

    So Week one they are saved to 12/14H

    Week two they clear to 11/14H and want to skip siegecrafter.

    They are no longer able to join the first lockout, even if it is available.

    Could do it with normals, but you wouldn't be able to kill Garrosh without doing a new clear of 13/14H again.

  10. #10
    OP, your original 12/14 lockout was done completely on heroic, correct? If so that lockout is still good for getting to Heroic Garrosh provided you can down Heroic Paragons on that lockout. As for the fresh lockout thing you would only be able to kill everything on normal if you wanted to switch back to the first lockout that same week.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Doesn't work like that. If you kill a boss or get saved to a heroic lockout you can't join another lockout.

    So Week one they are saved to 12/14H

    Week two they clear to 11/14H and want to skip siegecrafter.

    They are no longer able to join the first lockout, even if it is available.
    They can but not on the same week as the 11/14H clear. That lock needs to expire and then next week they join the extended 12/14.

  12. #12
    This is just my opinion, but unless everyone in your raid has exausted all the loot from the first 11 bosses you should not extend the lockout. Re-clearing would mean getting weapons, trinkets and tier gear which will only help you on Paragons and Garrosh.

  13. #13
    Thanks for all your answers so far.

    They can but not on the same week as the 11/14H clear. That lock needs to expire and then next week they join the extended 12/14.
    That´s it.

    It´s clear that we can not extend two heroic lockouts in one id. What Laplacenoma wrote, is my intention. Save 12/14hc id (with all bosses killed heroic, id1), go new id with only specific hc bosses where people need loot/achievement (id2), the id after that extend the 12/14 heroic lockout to go on Klaxxi (id3).

    This is just my opinion, but unless everyone in your raid has exausted all the loot from the first 11 bosses you should not extend the lockout. Re-clearing would mean getting weapons, trinkets and tier gear which will only help you on Paragons and Garrosh.
    Our Tank, who is an alt, is the only one with ~572 ilvl gear, all others are between 580/586. That´s more than enough gear and most people have their key items like trinkets or weapons, not everyone hcwf, but for those items we don´t need to farm and waste time on the first bosses.
    I´m pretty sure we can kill Garrosh with our actual gear ^^

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Doesn't work like that. If you kill a boss or get saved to a heroic lockout you can't join another lockout.

    So Week one they are saved to 12/14H

    Week two they clear to 11/14H and want to skip siegecrafter.

    They are no longer able to join the first lockout, even if it is available.

    Could do it with normals, but you wouldn't be able to kill Garrosh without doing a new clear of 13/14H again.

    They could the following week when all ids are reset though. Which is what he said.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  15. #15
    Moderator Wilderness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by tsumeno View Post
    It´s clear that we can not extend two heroic lockouts in one id. What Laplacenoma wrote, is my intention. Save 12/14hc id (with all bosses killed heroic, id1), go new id with only specific hc bosses where people need loot/achievement (id2), the id after that extend the 12/14 heroic lockout to go on Klaxxi (id3).

    Our Tank, who is an alt, is the only one with ~572 ilvl gear, all others are between 580/586. That´s more than enough gear and most people have their key items like trinkets or weapons, not everyone hcwf, but for those items we don´t need to farm and waste time on the first bosses.
    I´m pretty sure we can kill Garrosh with our actual gear ^^
    The question is why you would do that though. You can do any and all achievements in Flex, so it wouldn't need to be part of your normal raid time, or you can do them after progression is done and you are down to 1 or 2 day clears. So if you need gear still, then go back and clear the first 12. With that overall ilvl it really shouldn't take you too long to do, and then you have chances for warforged as well as people who need other stuff to get it. Or if you don't think you really need gear, then just extend the lockout and start in on it. I don't really see the benefit of that middle clear for select bosses/achievements.
    Raids & Dungeons Mod | <Despotism> 14/14H (10-man); 14/14H (25-man); 2 Days/Week US-Greymane <> Recruiting for Mythic

  16. #16
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    236
    Another Scenario

    I am not the RL

    we are on spoils HC but due to lack of numbers we are going to clear normal. I normally raid on a shaman and that is on the HC spoils.

    If I change characters to a priest and clear the rest on normal - will I be able to get a pug group on the shaman for spoils HC or will the ID be updated and take into account the normal kills?

    Hope that makes sense.

    Thanks

  17. #17
    Moderator Wilderness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,775
    Ok, you mean you have cleared up to spoils on heroic on your shaman. Your group is not going to progress any more this week so you're just killing normals and want to switch to your priest to do so. Then you want to hop on your shaman and use the heroic ID? Yes, you can do that.
    Raids & Dungeons Mod | <Despotism> 14/14H (10-man); 14/14H (25-man); 2 Days/Week US-Greymane <> Recruiting for Mythic

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Ok, you mean you have cleared up to spoils on heroic on your shaman. Your group is not going to progress any more this week so you're just killing normals and want to switch to your priest to do so. Then you want to hop on your shaman and use the heroic ID? Yes, you can do that.
    I'm not sure whether that's correct. As far as I know, when you kill any boss on heroic, your ID becomes 'unique' and is stored server-side. And even if all other bosses in this ID are killed on normal, it still transfers to any characters that share this ID.

    In other words, it goes like this (at least I think it does):

    Shaman and 9 people get to 9/14 HC. This ID is saved to 10 people - the shaman and 9 others.
    Priest joins the group with those 9 people.
    If any of those 9 people kill a single boss (no matter what difficulty) during this week, it will count as 'killed' in SoO for Shaman too.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

  19. #19
    Moderator Wilderness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    I'm not sure whether that's correct. As far as I know, when you kill any boss on heroic, your ID becomes 'unique' and is stored server-side. And even if all other bosses in this ID are killed on normal, it still transfers to any characters that share this ID.

    In other words, it goes like this (at least I think it does):

    Shaman and 9 people get to 9/14 HC. This ID is saved to 10 people - the shaman and 9 others.
    Priest joins the group with those 9 people.
    If any of those 9 people kill a single boss (no matter what difficulty) during this week, it will count as 'killed' in SoO for Shaman too.
    I don't think that's true if they kill the rest on normal though. If you clear 13/14H and can't get Garrosh down and then kill him on normal at the end of your week, can't you extend that lockout the next week and work on H Garrosh some more? Or am I mistaken?
    Raids & Dungeons Mod | <Despotism> 14/14H (10-man); 14/14H (25-man); 2 Days/Week US-Greymane <> Recruiting for Mythic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •