Page 1 of 568
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Football Season 2014/2015

This thread is being extended to cover all discussion for the 2014/2015 Football season. While the focus will most likely be around the English Premier League, English cup competitions and the European Champions' League; all national leagues, cups and international competitions (including international qualifiers for 2016) are welcome for discussion here. Each year we gain posters on various leagues, and have a few resident experts who can give you a great introduction to the various leagues around the world.

Furthermore, as well as the general sports forum rules there are a few extra notes I'd like to make out for this thread. While I hope everyone can enjoy posting here, I'd like to set out what is and isn't going to be tolerated. People will disagree with each other, and discussion will rise up, but there are levels of posting that are unnecessary and the less we get of that the better.

1: Banter is acceptable as long as it's kept in good nature and not set out to insult, provoke or harass any other member of this board. Good natured ribbing is part of the fan culture of football and it's something I'd like to keep here without it getting out of hand. If you are unsure whether or not what you are about to post will cross the line of decency then err on the side of caution.

2: When referring to teams, players, managers, referees, officials etc keep your posts clear of excessive vulgar language. While emotions can and do run high, this is not a right to verbally abuse others. While they may not post here, others who may feel very different to you will. If you can't convey your opinion without resorting to a tirade of abuse please don't post it.

3: FIFA, UEFA, individual national Football Associations are not in anyone's back pocket. Unless you have any evidence that proves otherwise keep such accusations out of this thread, it brings nothing but arguments.

4: There are certain tragedies in football's history that you do not bring up to "get one over" someone else. Jokes about these events are also strictly forbidden.

5: If you have to embed an image, please try to keep the width under 1000px, 800px would be better. If you can't make it smaller (embed a small version which hyperlinks to the original using this format: ([IMG]smaller image URL[/IMG]). Otherwise just post the URL without [IMG][/IMG] tags.

A couple of general rule reminders, the soccer/handegg debates will get you a straight infraction, don't even test this theory.

Links to illegal stream sites are a complete no-no. Repeat offenders will be infracted.

Don't discuss moderation here, if you find a post to be breaking the rules, report it and move on. Arguing with the person, or commenting on them being infracted/banned is just asking for an infraction yourself.

Lastly, you may find at some point your posts being changed to pink comic sans, this is because you were clearly attempting to flame bait beyond the realm of friendly banter, and just provoke people into being hostile with you. The moderation team has no objections to pointing this out in a humorous way.

Here's a few prediction ideas to start everyone off (You're welcome to also add your own for different leagues, or various ideas you have for oddball predictions!)

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL:
    2. Champs League winner:
    3. PFA Player of the year:
    4. Writers player of the year:
    5. Top Premiership Scorer:
    6. Best transfer:
    7. Biggest transfer flop:
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL:

Our fantasy football league can be found at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ , league code is 53885-17436

As for me, I hope you all enjoy the next 9 months, just not as much as Manchester United fans do

- - - Updated - - -

A reminder. While the World Cup thread has been locked http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-window-2014 is still open for all summer transfer window discussion.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2014-08-16 at 08:33 AM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ill have to do predictions.

1 Chelsea
    2 Man City
    3 United
    4 Arsenal
    5 Liverpool.

Cl will be Madrid v Liverpool final with Madrid winning 3 0.

PFA player of the Year Silva

Top Scorer Van Persie

Best Transfer Fabregas

Flop Rickie Lambert/Drogba

Relegated Southampton
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-08-02 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Liverpool
    United
    Arsenal / Everton / Spurs (I dunno, hard choice)

I think Real or Bayern for CL finals.

But i'd be really happy for another top 4 finish from Liverpool this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going:

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal

Transfers aren't over and players form can be all over the place, there's been some hefty changes around the block, so anything could happen. Would like another multi-team fight, would also like a few more of the mid teams to push for higher places, ruffle it up a bit. Specially Everton, would love to see Newcastle push and not accept mediocrity.

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL: Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool
    2. Champs League winner: Real Madrid
    3. PFA Player of the year: Daniel Sturridge (because Suarez is gone)
    5. Top Premiership Scorer: see 3
    6. Best transfer: Van Gaal (do managers count?)
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL: Southampton, QPR, Crystal Palace

As for me, I hope you all enjoy the next 9 months, just not as much as Manchester United fans do
    FA Cup. Old Trafford. Some time in autumn. We'll be there. And we will paint the stadium yellow

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo it's back! even though there were already discussions in the transfer thread.

Anyway Predictions:

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL: Chelski, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool
    2. Champs League winner: Liverpool
    3. PFA Player of the year: Raheem Sterling
    4. Writers player of the year: Raheem Sterling
    5. Top Premiership Scorer: RvP
    6. Best transfer: Emre Can
    7. Biggest transfer flop: Luke Shaw
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL: Southampton, Burnley, Hull

You think that Hull will get burned out early because of their European commitments?

I mean, realistically there are about half a dozen teams that will be scrapping it out to avoid the drop: Hull, Burnley, Southampton, Palace, QPR, Leicester and West Brom.

Championship promotion: Norwich, Wigan, Derby.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-08-01 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, well that's if they manage to get into the the group stages and there weren't that far off relegation last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stop reminding me that even Hull are in Europe... it's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Please stop reminding me that even Hull are in Europe... it's depressing.
    It's OK, they'll drop out of the EPL like every team that gets its feet wet in European Football.

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL: Man City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal (Everton could come close to 4th with lukaku being signed)
    2. Champs League winner: I want to sit on the fence and Say Bayern/Real Madrid but i'll take a punt at Real.
    3. PFA Player of the year: Sterling?
    5. Top Premiership Scorer: Rooney
    6. Best transfer: Lukaku to Everton. This guy could give them 4th spot for sure.
    7. Biggest transfer flop: Let's hope it's not Luke Shaw None of Liverpools signings have been great, hopefully one of those
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL: QPR, Southampton and Burnley.

Lukaku could make all the difference that Everton need to break in to the top 4. This season should be very interesting for that 4th spot. Could go either way with Liverpool/Arsenal/Everton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot about West Brom but I won't change my predictions now.

Deleted
    Woohoo, restarted the Fantasy League this year so if you were in it last year just sort your team and it should auto enter you if you weren't sign up @ http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

and then enter the code to join the MMO Champion league: 53885-17436

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL: Chelsea, Man City, Everton, Arsenal
    2. Champs League winner: Barca
    3. PFA Player of the year: Fabregas
    4. Writers player of the year: Costa
    5. Top Premiership Scorer: Costa (or GLENN MURRAY WOOOO)
    6. Best transfer: Costa
    7. Biggest transfer flop: Graziano Pelle
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL: QPR, Southhampton, Burnley

9. First manager to get sacked : Southhamptons.

Top 4:Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Man Utd/Liverpool. (Dare to Risk)
    Champs league winner: Real Madrid
    PFA player of the year: Costa
    Writers player of the year: Rooney
    Top Premiership scorer: RvP/Sturridge
    Best transfer:Lukaku to Everton.
    Biggest flop: Pelle
    Relegation: Southampton, Burnley, West Brom
    First Manager to get sacked:Southampton
    Promoted to Premier League:Norwich, Derby, Wigan/Cardiff.
    Europa League spot: Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle.( Not all of those 3, but...1/2 of those 3)
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

First Manager to get sacked:Southampton
    Presumably the bookies have stopped taking bets on this happening?

Should we actually get Loic Remy, I think we're going to have a -very- good season.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright.

Got tickets for the friendly vs Real Sociedad and first-match vs Man.City (which we'll lose, still, worth it.)
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

10+ Year Old Account
    Never mind the risk of Ebola virus spreading, Torresitis is clearly making its way across Europe.

What will be the top four finishing in the EPL:
    1: Chelsea
    2: Manchester City
    3: Manchester United
    4: Arsenal

Champs League winner:
    Real Madrid. That spending

PFA Player of the year
    Robin Van Persie

Writers player of the year:
    Eden Hazard

Top Premiership Scorer:
    RvP

Best transfer:
    LvG

Biggest transfer flop:
    Diego Costa

Who will be relegated from the EPL:
    Southampton
    Burnley
    Leicester

1. What will be the top four finishing in the EPL:
    Chelsea
    City
    United
    Spurs(all heart and no brain on that one lol)
    2. Champs League winner:
    Real Madrid
    3. PFA Player of the year:
    Eriksen
    Costa
    5. Top Premiership Scorer:
    Costa
    6. Best transfer:
    Fabregas
    Pelle
    8. Who will be relegated from the EPL:
    QPR
    Leicester
    Burnley
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Never mind the risk of Ebola virus spreading, Torresitis is clearly making its way across Europe.

That was painful to watch.