10+ Year Old Account
    Lol and it seems Shaw managed to get injured as well last night. So now we have 12 injured players in the team.... Go United!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Lol and it seems Shaw managed to get injured as well last night. So now we have 12 injured players in the team.... Go United!
    To be brutally honest; they'd still be shite with their full squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well luckily for United the usual top contenders (except for Chelsea) are underperforming so far this season as well. But they really need to sort these damn constant injuries out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    To be brutally honest; they'd still be shite with their full squad.
    Not at all true. The issue is that with a lack of defence, it makes it very difficult to go forward as you can't trust the guys at the back to clean up if something goes wrong. We've gone from scoring a lot, but conceding a lot, to struggling to get goals (although still creating chances) but not really giving any chances away either because the whole team is forced into keeping an eye to defending.

If we could string a few games together with Shaw, Rojo, Jones, and Rafael, it really wouldn't be such a bad back line at all.

Being honest I watched three of the goals from last night on STV news and of the three goals, all three were terrible defending & goalkeeping, Hansen would've passed out they were so bad!

And Slenderman - like I said, don't particularly like it, but I personally feel the statement is made better if you turn your back on that which you have no respect for, call me old school but I find booing it to be crass & obnoxious, but turning my back on it seems like the most appropriate way of dealing with things. Then that way no jumped up twerp can give it the whole "I'm offended" shite, cos all you've done is silently protest and registered your displeasure in it. They can sing about it all they want, but this rebellious Scot won't be crushed and besides, we're not much better, we may word it better in FoS but we still basically say "we got ye's told!" and well, the unofficial extras do cast doubts upon Edward's parentage & his ability to abstain from masturbation!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Anti-IRA song. Really. Against Scotland? This does nothing to dispel the idea that England supporters are a bunch of brainless idiots. Dumb enough to be singing that anyway, but against wholly the wrong fucking country? Wow.
    Given Celtic's Irish connections it's not a million miles out of left field. Personally I'm rather bemused by all the hand-wringing from the press. I can't imagine they'd have a problem with Fuck the Taliban or Fuck ISIS. And it isn't like the IRA have disappeared. Just the other day Celtic made the news - on a much smaller scale - because their fans decided to jeer the minute's silence for Remembrance Sunday. So the idea that this is just England supporters bringing up history is wrong. I'd much rather have a world where politics and football don't mix, but until then I don't see the need to apologise for singing fuck the IRA.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Given Celtic's Irish connections it's not a million miles out of left field. Personally I'm rather bemused by all the hand-wringing from the press. I can't imagine they'd have a problem with Fuck the Taliban or Fuck ISIS. And it isn't like the IRA have disappeared. Just the other day Celtic made the news - on a much smaller scale - because their fans decided to jeer the minute's silence for Remembrance Sunday. So the idea that this is just England supporters bringing up history is wrong. I'd much rather have a world where politics and football don't mix, but until then I don't see the need to apologise for singing fuck the IRA.
    I know you're probably going to think "what a condescending prick" when I say this, but you don't live in the West of Scotland, so you're probably vastly underestimating the impact of songs of that nature. There would have been a bigger uproar against any anti-Islamic chanting even if it was against the taliban or "what the fuck are we calling them today" religiously inspired lunatics, but the truth is none of those are in any way shape or form acceptable, I'm sure there's plenty of footballing matters people could sing about to ensure that these songs are nowhere near football grounds period! However to sing songs of that nature at Parkhead, c'mon that's not an accident and like it or not a number of those who frequent Celtic Park have Irish nationalist sympathies, the England supporters are aware of that and as a result will play on it. Simply put though it's a shameful episode for the FA, they have to look at things and look at the wider context, if that was the Rangers fans doing that UEFA would have us on notice of complaint & a fine issued, if that happened in a match featuring some countries it would start a riot, not big & not clever.

What's more encouraging is the fact there were precious few arrests around the game, significantly better than the 1999 match in Glasgow where almost 300 were lifted, but the policing was a major issue this time round with them leaving nothing to chance - all police leave in the central belt cancelled, massive police intelligence operation & it was highlighted as "high risk" from the outset. Whatever your opinion on the teams involved I think we can all agree we'd like to see the numbers of fans being arrested dropping because people are behaving themselves better, difficult given the fact it'll always boil down to people who lack self control, but we live in hope. (Incidentally, when they had the pictures of the cops videoing fans I did point out that a number of fans up here do like to tell the police where they can place their cameras - it doesn't sound the most comfortable of places!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Being honest I watched three of the goals from last night on STV news and of the three goals, all three were terrible defending & goalkeeping, Hansen would've passed out they were so bad!

And Slenderman - like I said, don't particularly like it, but I personally feel the statement is made better if you turn your back on that which you have no respect for, call me old school but I find booing it to be crass & obnoxious, but turning my back on it seems like the most appropriate way of dealing with things. Then that way no jumped up twerp can give it the whole "I'm offended" shite, cos all you've done is silently protest and registered your displeasure in it. They can sing about it all they want, but this rebellious Scot won't be crushed and besides, we're not much better, we may word it better in FoS but we still basically say "we got ye's told!" and well, the unofficial extras do cast doubts upon Edward's parentage & his ability to abstain from masturbation!
    Fair point Koodle.

Agree with you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I know you're probably going to think "what a condescending prick" when I say this, but you don't live in the West of Scotland, so you're probably vastly underestimating the impact of songs of that nature. There would have been a bigger uproar against any anti-Islamic chanting even if it was against the taliban or "what the fuck are we calling them today" religiously inspired lunatics, but the truth is none of those are in any way shape or form acceptable, I'm sure there's plenty of footballing matters people could sing about to ensure that these songs are nowhere near football grounds period! However to sing songs of that nature at Parkhead, c'mon that's not an accident and like it or not a number of those who frequent Celtic Park have Irish nationalist sympathies, the England supporters are aware of that and as a result will play on it. Simply put though it's a shameful episode for the FA, they have to look at things and look at the wider context, if that was the Rangers fans doing that UEFA would have us on notice of complaint & a fine issued, if that happened in a match featuring some countries it would start a riot, not big & not clever.

What's more encouraging is the fact there were precious few arrests around the game, significantly better than the 1999 match in Glasgow where almost 300 were lifted, but the policing was a major issue this time round with them leaving nothing to chance - all police leave in the central belt cancelled, massive police intelligence operation & it was highlighted as "high risk" from the outset. Whatever your opinion on the teams involved I think we can all agree we'd like to see the numbers of fans being arrested dropping because people are behaving themselves better, difficult given the fact it'll always boil down to people who lack self control, but we live in hope. (Incidentally, when they had the pictures of the cops videoing fans I did point out that a number of fans up here do like to tell the police where they can place their cameras - it doesn't sound the most comfortable of places!)
    It's funny how FIFA impose sectarian fines when it suits them.

They had to actually tell them to stop "no surrender". Yet Celtic get fined for one boy waving a Palestine flag?!

FIFA and Blatter are a fucking joke.

Premier League again on Saturday! Some cracking games too.

It's been too long.

Slenderman I think what you're mistaking is the misconception that all public authority figures in any given field MUST exhibit common sense - and I think we can all say with a degree of certainty that such a notion is about as laughable as it gets, cos if FIFA & UEFA had common sense we wouldn't be constantly bitching about their inability to sort the game out!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my stance on the IRA is well stated on these threads over the last few years, I hold absolutely no sympathy or positive feeling towards them.

That said, the fact a group of idiots would use the sectarian issues in Scotland as a "bit of banter" is disgusting, tactless and beyond acceptable. To a lesser point it's also totally without wit, if they'd started singing "God save your queen" after the recent referendum it might have raised a few laughs.

And as we're currently seeing with FIFA trying to bury their own investigation, they're as corrupt and incompetent as they come.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I would love to see the european countries break away from FIFA like they have threatened too.

I doubt that will even come close to happening though.

Nah, with regards to the whole referendum thing & football chanting, they took a slightly different slant on telling the Police where they could put their cameras - well, atleast the ones at Ibrox anyway - telling people they could "stick your independence up your arse!", somewhat awkward for this Rangers fan who would rather have chopped off my own genitals with a rusty butter knife than voted no. Still, what can I say, some people still have some sort of a caveman like tribal mindset, I suppose that's what happens when you have a place like Ayrshire, which makes all your stereotypes of redneck backwaters seem understated - inbreeding would probably be an upgrade for the people here.

(He says as he points out proudly I'm actually from Bellshill as I do pretty much every time someone mistakenly thinks I'm from Ayrshire, usually while stifling the urge to slap the shit out of them!)

And no one's going to have the balls to break away from FIFA, because for as much as people like to criticise them for being corrupt, out of touch & completely incapable of running the game, the exact same charge could be levelled at almost every association in world football - the SFA are terrible & well, The FA aren't exactly known for being much better. Until such times as the afforementioned caveman like mentality is weeded out to a more professional & progressive mindset aimed at nurturing the game at all levels as opposed to benefiting those at the very top without care for the majority we're going to have people who frankly shouldn't be running the length of themselves, never mind the most popular sport in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I would love to see the european countries break away from FIFA like they have threatened too.

I don't think UEFA really is all that much better than FIFA; the main complaint seems to be stemming from the fact other federations now have money to pay for corruption, instead of just bowing to UEFA's historical dominance. There's a definite power shift, and it does need fixing, but I don't think going it alone would be as effective these days as it might have been 10 years ago.

And yeah, as shitty a band of rapers, murderers and drug peddlers the IRA are; a football match isn't the forum for that, regardless of whatever tenuous links you want to draw with the location - which ultimately isn't a reflection of the folks in the stands or on the pitch. A lot of historical club rivalries in the UK are actually Protestant-Catholic based, but at this point that aspect thankfully mostly seems forgotten, certainly in England.

Deleted
    You're far too intelligent for a Rangers fan koodle.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're being far too rational and passive for Slenderman, you're confusing us all.

I keep telling people I'm smarter than the average bear - although to be fair in this case it's not really difficult to be smarter than someone who thinks in 2014 it's acceptable to dislike someone because they're catholic.

We have Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow, need to beat them or face a 9 point gap at the top, win tomorrow and it's down to 3 points.

(And for those who enjoy little "unusual" things, tomorrow sees the first Tier-1 rugby international to be played at Rugby Park, home of Kilmarnock FC when Scotland play Tonga - tenuous football link but hey, it sails, it's also the first international rugby match featuring a top tier nation to be played on an artificial surface.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

I'm not so sure, I think this can and maybe even will happen. FIFA will do everything to stop it but I think they might actually do it if it keeps happening.

Now, if it's an improvement, I don't know.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    #prayforkoodle

McCall in & Fat Sally out?

Deleted
    Jumping challenge from West Brom on Costa.
    Deserved Red, whether he got the ball or not. Two footed lunges are fing deadly.