Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

savage roar no longer passive?

So with the changes to the lvl 100 talents, seems like we can't get savage roar passive anymore? I hate that button with a passion and makes my feral so so so boring!!

They have simply moved the 'Passive Savage Roar' talent to a glyph. So you can still have a passive SR if you find it too difficult to maintain, only with a damage reduction penalty of 5%.
    Last edited by Dagzter; 2014-08-01 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzter View Post
    They have simply moved the 'Passive Savage Roar' talent to a glyph. So you can still have a passive SR if you find it too difficult to maintain, only with a damage reduction penalty of 5%.
    ohh my that is totally amazing! Time to unshelve my druid from cata and shelve my monk (monk even slower than rogue and feral lol). Ty for the info

Deleted
    Its also worth noting that the actual damage reduction penalty is only 3.6% (5/140).

Its still an incredibly boring and dull spell that shouldve been removed a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Its still an incredibly boring and dull spell that shouldve been removed a long time ago.
    I couldn't agree more. How Savage Roar escaped the chopping block is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Because many Ferals that actually play the spec at a high level enjoy Savage Roar and would not be happy to see it go.

The ferals who don't like SR are in the minority, they are just more vocal about that feeling than those who like it, and blizzard knows that.

The situation is resolved, don't like the spell? Glyph it. The talent never made much sense, a talent that makes the spec easier should not be a dps increase.

I think the Glyph is a great idea. The people who somehow enjoy Savage Roar can still use it and... enjoy it? People who dislike it can Glyph it at a very minor DPS loss.

Is it going to be a Major or Minor Glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Because many Ferals that actually play the spec at a high level enjoy Savage Roar and would not be happy to see it go.

The ferals who don't like SR are in the minority, they are just more vocal about that feeling than those who like it, and blizzard knows that.

The situation is resolved, don't like the spell? Glyph it. The talent never made much sense, a talent that makes the spec easier should not be a dps increase.
    the majority liking an additional button to press that does nothing that couldn't be granted with a passive? You kid yourself bro :P
    Don't pull things like that out of the air, you can't speak for the majority of the players just by knowing what you and the few people you know think about a spell.

Pressing a button is pressing a button. 1 is not more or less interesting than 2.

However juggling around 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 is slightly more interesting than just 1-4, so this whole 'I don't like it because it's boring' thing is just absurd.

It should have been made passive like snd for assassination. It's only a matter of time anyway.

Always be careful with statements like that, there is no way you can know.

Good choice to go with a glyph and they should go down this path more often to avoid pissing people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Or just make it more interesting.

Make it just bleed damage and give is crit like inquisition, or mastery, or let it give us energy gen as well like sub rogues.

Or something, anything interesting not just hurpderp40%damagelolololol.

It'll be just as mandatory I have no problem or issue with keeping it up 24/7, I just wish it wasn't so damn boring.

Both rogues and rets had much better versions of the spell, and one got removed, while the other became passive for 1/3 of the specs. Yet blizzard can't even be assed to make ours more interesting?
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-04 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Or just make it more interesting.

Make it just bleed damage and give is crit like inquisition, or mastery, or let it give us energy gen as well like sub rogues.

Or something, anything interesting not just hurpderp40%damagelolololol.

It'll be just as mandatory I have no problem or issue with keeping it up 24/7, I just wish it wasn't so damn boring.
    It procs PS. How come that aspect is always ignored?

Deleted

I think you are kidding yourself if you think ferals that don't like it are in the minority.

But anyway, my point is in a world where Blizzard are removing/merging things with passive benefits, this is a prime candidate. Its adds absolutely no gameplay to PvE, its simply a self-buff you keep up all the time or become gimped. It does have some gameplay in high level pvp, but not so much in the granting/timing of SR, more the proccing of PS.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    ohh my that is totally amazing! Time to unshelve my druid from cata and shelve my monk (monk even slower than rogue and feral lol). Ty for the info
    Rogue? Oh yea. Feral? Hell no! In the current beta build, Feral Druids are the most energy starved of all the classes right now, to the point of Auto Attack being pretty much your main source of damage. As it stands, they are in a pretty bad spot when you actually play one, especially at level 100.

Rogues, Assassination especially, are VERY fast and feel fantastic. Even Wind Walkers feel great right now, a tad bit slower since increasing the GCD for them, but MUCH faster than Feral in its current state. Here is hoping for the new build to help feral out a bit though.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

For leveling the glyph is awesome, makes life a lot easyer. But at competitive raiding 3,6% dmg difference is unacceptable. It's like making 380k dps instead of 400k. Sadly not using the glyph will be mandatory.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2014-08-04 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by critsom View Post
    It procs PS. How come that aspect is always ignored?
    Indeed. Or that it remains our only ranged finisher, which interacts well with generating PS procs.

Regardless, I think its going to be interesting to seeing how alot of Ferals take onboard the fact that SR now no longer snapshots, but updates your damage (read: existing DoT ticks) dynamically. Let your SR drop off? Watch your DoTs suddenly start to do pathetic damage. Notice and re-apply SR? Watch the same DoTs start to destroy the target that's going to take some getting used to!

...though those Ferals who will simply never consider/touch the SR glyph, due to the flat/unacceptable dps loss in any min/max environment, will probably already be alert/adept enough to avoid such situations, of course.
    Last edited by Dagzter; 2014-08-04 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuushima View Post
    the majority liking an additional button to press that does nothing that couldn't be granted with a passive? You kid yourself bro :P
    Don't pull things like that out of the air, you can't speak for the majority of the players just by knowing what you and the few people you know think about a spell.
    He's right tho, I can assure you most top PvE ferals actually enjoy feral for the complexity, and SR is that... as far as I can tell most people that don't like SR are either shitters, people that don't even play Feral as their main or non heroic raiders.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2014-08-04 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    He's right tho, I can assure you most top PvE ferals actually enjoy feral for the complexity, and SR is that... as far as I can tell most people that don't like SR are either shitters, people that don't even play Feral as their main or non heroic raiders.
    If you think SR is complex you'd probably find yourself in one of the groups you just listed.