Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is selling arena wins for gold legal?

I made 10k gold tonight selling arena wins in 2v2. Never had gold come at me so easy. Is this legit? It seems like theres a huge demand for this.

yeh..it is. because well, it's all ingame.(as far as I know!)

Yes, for that matter people advertise CM runs for gold on the official forums. The only risk is Blizz won't intervene for non-payment. (Ofc, someone who does that often enough will get known around the server)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

You could sell rides on your two person mount as long is its done in game gold blizzard doesn't care. Its only when you do anything for real life money blizzard cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Totally fine as long as the payment remains gold and nothing outside of the game

Isnt that considered a form of win trading ? and that is not allowed as far as i know

Sounds like goblins would be involved.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yep...what others said. I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want in game for gold as long as you're not getting paid real money.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Isnt that considered a form of win trading ? and that is not allowed as far as i know
    Win trading is when you and someone else que up trying to get each other and then you just walk in and let one of the parties kill the other for however many times they want. Carrying someone versus randoms and just beating them due to being so overgeared isn't the same thing.

It's definitely not against the TOS, if that's what you're asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    OP means selling wins not in the form of "i let you win for gold" but "You pay me and I play arena with you until we have x wins."

And that is completely fine.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    I made 10k gold tonight selling arena wins in 2v2. Never had gold come at me so easy. Is this legit? It seems like theres a huge demand for this.
    Yes. Unless you are selling for actual real life gold (and if you are I want in )

Ingame services sold for ingame currency is perfectly fine. Its when you step into the ingame services sold for rl currency you run into EULA problems

People need to learn the difference between "Illegal" & "Against the Rules" ...

No, it's not against the rules, nor is it illegal.

Yes it's legal but i tink it's also not supported so if someone rips you off a GM probably won't help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    legal yes, moral no, but anyway who cares for moral in today world...meh... !!!

Deleted
    It's not win-trading, but boosting. It's not really different from helping out your friend, partner, kid, guildie, etc. in terms of how it affects other people's gameplay, but I think it would be ridiculous if we weren't allowed to play with RL friends and family just because our skill levels were different.

Plus, it has a soft wall in terms of how far you can carry someone. Assuming they're terrible, you're going to reach a point where you're facing teams you can't solo. If they're decent and show improvement, the sky's the limit, but it becomes less and less a carry and more of a collaboration.

I think the reason they allow it, even though it's different from PvE boosts because it does impact other people's gameplay, is because this "wall" exists. We are definitely not that good and we've beaten carries a good number of times because we figured out early which one was useless and took him out first (so it couldn't follow instructions) and then 2-manned the superior player. Obviously, some of these players were considerably better than us and usually much better geared, but you have much more leeway against this kind of set-up than when you face a superior team altogether.

Back in Wrath, when we had alts in a PvP guild, we even ran into our guildies boosting people for gold. They never asked us to forfeit because they knew we direly needed the rating for gear, while the boostee had been warned that there were no guarantees and that they had to pull their weight.

Sure, it can be a bit annoying, but in the end, it's not insurmountable. I'm guessing that the win-trading, colluding, and various other shenanigans taking place at the top of the ladder are probably more game-altering for those who are close to gladiator range, but perhaps not very well connected socially.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    People need to learn the difference between "Illegal" & "Against the Rules" ...

No, it's not against the rules, nor is it illegal.
    Actually, win trading or anything else Blizzard considers "using an unfair method to gain advantage over another player" or using rl money for in-game items/achievments etc are against the rules. Blizzard can set/modify or change the rules at any time, YOU as the subscriber agree to follow whatever Blizzard says the rules are or you have the option at any time to stop playing.

Illegal: No...nothing you do regarding win trading or rl currency for in game achievements is considered illegal (i.e you wont be prosecuted by the law for doing so) UNLESS you are operating a scam ring or using hacking to gain access to credit cards etc

Deleted
    It's not illegal as long as only ingame currency is used. As soon as RL money or services are involved it breaches the ToS.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If by legal, you mean against the ToS, then yes. Will you get arrested for doing it? No. But you may get a suspension / ban