Deleted

Building PC with half the parts already

Hi, I want to find computer parts for my gf using parts that I already have so they do not go together too well but I will sell it to her much cheaper for her to save money.

I want help as I hope this is all compatible with each other so obviously I want to double check. (I hope the selling on to her prices are reasonable as well)

Budget is only £500:

Parts so Far:
    CPU: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K - Selling it to her for £110
    MoBo: AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Selling it to her for £80
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid Tower White - Selling it to her for £100
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB - Selling it to her for £50
    GPU: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 660= £123
    PSU: EVGA 500W PC Power Supply - White = £30
    Hard Drive/s: Got it already.
    Cooler: Stock Heatsink (FREE)
    All other peripherals, we have already.

Total: £493

I know that the Mobo and CPU are ready for Over Clocking and she does not plan to do that but I need to get rid of the stuff so she might as well have it and can always by a better Cooler in future if needed. Thanks for reading!

10+ Year Old Account
    The parts all fit but...

She's getting one hell of a raw deal. If I were her, I wouldn't buy it from you. She could order new, warrantied parts on her own, get an equal or better system, and save about £150
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You've got prices up there as if they were new -- they are second hand and mostly older stuff now. Should definitely lower the price a bit. o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The parts all fit but...

She's getting one hell of a raw deal. If I were her, I wouldn't buy it from you. She could order new, warrantied parts on her own, get an equal or better system, and save about £150
    Thanks for the honesty, I do not want to rip her off but the case is nearly brand new as I never used it much. I will lower the price

I don't suppose you could think of a reasonable price for me to sell them to her? The RAM and Case are quite new.
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2014-08-01 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, even if its brand new to you... if it were me... and I could find something I was happy with for £30... why would I pay any more than £30 without additional benefit?

In this case, it might be more appropriate to have her get a cheaper case, and sell your 600T locally/online for the price you want (Well, lower still.. maybe £100, because.. well.. I can get an actual brand new one for what you're offering)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Unfortunately, even if its brand new to you... if it were me... and I could find something I was happy with for £30... why would I pay any more than £30 without additional benefit?

In this case, it might be more appropriate to have her get a cheaper case, and sell your 600T locally/online for the price you want (Well, lower still.. maybe £100, because.. well.. I can get an actual brand new one for what you're offering)
    Yeah that might be better. She does love the case though and said she is happy with that price but I will give it to her for £60 At least that is more reasonable.

Deleted
    I'd sell that bundle for £250-300 to an unknown person, and less to someone I knew, as PC components can be...tricky....when second-hand.