Windows Audio Service messing with me...

I'm currently up against a really annoying audio problem.
    So whenever I click my Volume button (The one in the righthand corner of the screen) all my audio devices will turn off and I'm forced to rightclicking the volume button and click "Playback devices" which brings up a small box with the message "This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled. Would you like to enable the Windows Audio Service?" and when I click Yes it turns back on and works fine.
    Now the problem is whenever I start Raidcall I get the same thing, it turns off all my devices and I have to click the volume button and do the whole thing again, but since raidcall is already open it won't put through any sound unless I restart, which I can't as that will just disable the audio devices again...
    I'm confused and angry, please help

What OS?

Press the windows key and type services.msc and press enter, see if "Windows Audio" is set to start up automatically, then make sure "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)", "Multimedia Class Scheduler", "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" are set to automatic as well.

What motherboard? You should probably check their site and see if there's an update for your sound drivers.

Windows 7 64bit ultimate, checked those and they're all on and set to automatic. Mobo is a GA-Z87X-UD5 TH, going to check for updates as I'm typing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduro View Post
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate, checked those and they're all on and set to automatic. Mobo is a GA-Z87X-UD5 TH, going to check for updates as I'm typing this.
    Realtek HD Audio Driver R3.87 122.05 MB 2014/05/13

Check your "Programs and Features" to see what version you're running, and uninstall it before installing the new one.