Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Will you level your Mage first in Warlords of Draenor, and with which specialization?

Will you level your Mage first in Warlords of Draenor, and with which specialization?

I think I want to try Fire. And for the first time, I will level a Mage from 90 to 100, just need to reach 90 first, haha.

Deleted
    I would level any class other than my main first, if there was a distinct advantage to it. In the case of mages, if it somehow unlocked an account wide teleport to somewhere slightly useful, I would do it. If going Shaman allowed all chars to ghost wolf, I'd do that. And so on.

But since that's not happening (and shouldn't!), I'll go with my main first, as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaning towards maining my mages come WoD (one main for alliance, one main for horde). It's either them or hunters. As for leveling first, I will be multi-boxing and leveling more than one character at once, but the mages will be in the first two groups, as will the hunters.

I play as arcane, usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, my mage is my main and I need to get it ready for raiding as soon as possible. And I will of course play fire.

Deleted
    contesting rogue and mage atm, for pvp.

without deep freeze or counterspell blanket, and with melees keeping their control damage, cc breakres and mobility it might be better to roll a rogue though :x

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    contesting rogue and mage atm, for pvp.

without deep freeze or counterspell blanket, and with melees keeping their control damage, cc breakres and mobility it might be better to roll a rogue though :x
    Why must all play "the best"? If you win, for playing "the best class" in PvP, are you really that good then.
    Would it not be more fun and rewarding to play the class you simply like because of it's style, lore and not by how many overpowered abilities they have?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naturally! Mages for the win,
    Not sure about the spec though, will have to try them all out once the expansion comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be maining mage in WoD so it's gonna be my top priority class to level. What comes to specs frost seems to currently be the best in terms of sustainability and just overall damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoD I'll be alternating frost & arcane frequently but keeping my talents the same.

I will always use Blazing Speed, Alter Time, Greater Invis, Unstable Magic, Mirror Images, Overpowered/Thermal Void.

Since talents define playstyle more than spec now, I'm redefining spec to 'stock' and talents to 'spec'

I don't care about the viability of any of the above, playstyle first.

Deleted
    fire and maybe frost, just to stop me sucking at it.

Deleted
    Yes. And Fire unless it gets painful later on with the lack of crit, at which point I'll swap to Arcane. I still intend to raid as Fire though.

Possibly? If I do, Frost all the way. Might try Arcane as a sub-spec, even though I'm always meh for Arcane. Want to try Fire, but with the stats being so different, it's kinda hard. Frost is looking to be MS>M>H and Arcane is looking like M>MS>=H, so they'll be pretty similar, while Fire just wants all that Crit the other two don't, haha.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If I level.. it will be Mage, followed by rogue probably.

As to what spec.. which ever is the most effective and fun to play while leveling.

Mage, probably as Frost because Multistrike is my most anticipated addition right now.

Nope. Going Critchicken.

Ill be levelling my mage first, as i have decided it will be my main in Warlords, i will most likely be levelling as Arcane.

Ice Floes/Greater Invis/ Unstable Magic/ Overpowered. those are the only talents ive got locked in.

Icebarrier/Alter Time, Incanters Flow/Mirror Image.

lvl 45 talent i will probably go Ring Of Frost to start with.

Mage is my main, so ofc I'll be leveling her first, followed by my disco priest and shammy probably. Fire all the way! Hope it's not too horrible at low crit, but eh... we'll see.
    Last edited by Silvereen; 2014-07-16 at 06:05 AM.

My mage is my main and ofc I ll start levelling him...as for the spec, fire as always!
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

Mage has been my main since BC and will continue to be so (unless my GM tells me he wants the Warlock for mythic raiding). I'll most likely level frost as it's easier to survive which should make leveling faster. Fire once I hit cap almost certainly.

Levelling as arcane mage ... always have done since hitting level 60.