View Poll Results: Would you date a woman who has had an abortion?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Yes it doesn't affect me

37 84.09%
  • No because it bothers me

6 13.64%
  • Other (state it in the thread)

1 2.27%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you date a woman who has had an abortion?

Please keep this thread free of the pro-life/pro-choice arguments as they're beating a dead horse. I just want to see a show of hands to see if an abortion makes a woman less attractive to a potential suitor (male or female).

I personally wouldn't date a woman who has undergone the procedure in say the last decade but anything before that is acceptable as she would have bee young and frivolous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I personally wouldn't date a woman who has undergone the procedure in say the last decade but anything before that is acceptable as she would have bee young and frivolous.
    referencing real world time instead of the person's age makes me think you should probably rephrase your statement.

edit:
    also wouldn't matter. About even with thinking the fact that she's had sex before is a deal breaker (which shouldn't matter either)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2014-08-01 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't care in the slightest.

What business is it of yours? Why would she even need to tell you before things got serious, at which point if you were a decent human being you wouldn't care anyways?

Do you want to know the entire detailed sexual history of her and her past partners?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2014-08-01 at 06:44 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Why wouldn't I?
    As if it made someone less of a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather date a woman who had a abortion than one who has kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't live in the real world and have most likely never had sex. Got it.

A better question is why wouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I'd rather date a woman who had a abortion than one who has kids.
    And I'd be worried about having an unwanted kid more with a woman that has never had an abortion than one that has.

Deleted
    That really depends on how the woman is as person. I can't judge a person on her past alone.

Why did that guy delete his post lol? He said that an abortion makes a woman more attractive because he doesn't want kids. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Why wouldn't I?
    As if it made someone less of a human.
    No one is saying that. I think you're trying to make this into something it's not. For me it's a big turn off. But there are some circumstances where I will overlook such a blip in her record in favour of other - erm... - assets.

Deleted
    Great chat up line : Hi, have you had an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Great chat up line : Hi, have you had an abortion?
    I'm sorry but I have to end this conversation before it reaches the third trimester.
    Why did that guy delete his post lol? He said that an abortion makes a woman more attractive because he doesn't want kids. Lol
    My phrasing sounded a bit too dark.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-08-01 at 06:47 PM.

Depends on why she had it. For medical reasons or a severe deformity, sure. If she was fooling around and got pregnant and decided to kill her unborn offspring in order to escape the known consequences of her actions, there is no way I would date a woman that selfish and irresponsible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it depends on the circumstances. Birth control failed and she/they weren't ready? Absolutely fine. Had a one night stand but decided not to bother with birth control? Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayjoy View Post
    So you don't live in the real world and have most likely never had sex. Got it.
    Yes I haven't had sex. My gf and I are devout Christians practicing celibacy. Is that a problem for you? I have stated this little fact countless times and other members will vouch for me. I don't know who you're and frankly I don't care but tone down the attitude or fade into obscurity.

10+ Year Old Account

No one is saying that. I think you're trying to make this into something it's not. For me it's a big turn off. But there are some circumstances where I will overlook such a blip in her record in favour of other - erm... - assets.
    More of a turn off then if she had the kid? And saying you'd overlook "a blip in her record" if she was hot enough shows that you're just a sad, shallow human being who doesn't really have a grasp on what is your business, what isn't your business, and what actually matters in a partner.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Sometimes people make mistakes, and sometimes birth control can fail even with suitable precautions. So, no, having had an abortion, by itself, would not be an instant de-qualification.

Now, if that woman displayed a tendency to NOT take precautions, to ignore consequences, to deny responsibility, and wasn't slighty put off by the whole ordeal (I swear I've met some women who feel that abortions are acceptable as a primary means of birth control), and the abortion was a product of that lifestyle.... well then yeah, I'm not going to date someone like that. Fortunately, for most people I've met, I'd like to say that this would rarely be the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Depends on why she had it. For medical reasons or a severe deformity, sure. If she was fooling around and got pregnant and decided to kill her unborn offspring in order to escape the known consequences of her actions, there is no way I would date a woman that selfish and irresponsible.
    Taking a way out of known consequences would surely be more responsible than having it and enduring unplanned children.

Abortion as a cure all to make up for her inability to take responsibility would be a deal breaker for me.

Deleted
    I don't date anyone...but if I did, an abortion would be no automatic exclusion criterion for me.
    Of course it would also depend on the circumstances - but in most cases, no, I wouldn't care since I'm not against abortions per se.