View Poll Results: Would you date a woman who has had an abortion?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Yes it doesn't affect me

37 84.09%
  • No because it bothers me

6 13.64%
  • Other (state it in the thread)

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Yes, but it depends on the circumstances. Birth control failed and she/they weren't ready? Absolutely fine. Had a one night stand but decided not to bother with birth control? Nope!

The only exception I'd be willing to make is if she was raped.

Under any other circumstance, I just could not date her. I can't be with someone who could end a life. I think it's immoral.

Sure. Doesn't matter why she did it. She didn't want it, she shouldn't be forced to have it just because some crazy people (often described as right wing religious nut jobs) think she should be forced to.

Those same crazy people are the same people whom would try to shame her if she asked for financial support to raise her unwanted child. "How dare you have a child you weren't ready to support!" yadda, yadda, yadda.

But seriously, if I weren't married and I knew the woman had an abortion... If anything I'd say that would have made me even more interested in her since she's on the same page as I'd be as far as not wanting children.

Well, I would never date a woman, but if I were a man I guess it would depend on the circumstances, how she felt about it afterward, and if she would do it again.

Like, is she using it as a form of birth control? Does she regret it? Did it effect her at all emotionally, physically and mentally that will in turn effect our relationship?

These are all things I would consider.
    Last edited by Mermaid; 2014-08-01 at 06:53 PM.

What? Why not? What do I care? How would I even know before I date her? And again, what would it matter?

Deleted
    No because Im straight But otherwise, if I weren't, it wouldn't bother me the slightest unless she's disfigured or has other health or appearance problems because of the abortion. Then it may be an issue.

Deleted
    I'm calling it now, this thread is going to go places. Strap in.

But yea Shinra I don't think its going to be something you will ever have to decide on.

It's easy for people to condemn someone for having an abortion when they've never even had sex themselves sometimes shit goes wrong in life, having an abortion alone is not enough to judge a person entirely

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    More of a turn off then if she had the kid? And saying you'd overlook "a blip in her record" if she was hot enough shows that you're just a sad, shallow human being who doesn't really have a grasp on what is your business, what isn't your business, and what actually matters in a partner.
    Excuse me?

How is an abortion not my business? I'd like to know the moral position of my partner on a pretty controversial topic before I have kids with her. Imagine she got pregnant and it was unplanned and decided to get rid of it because she wasn't ready without considering my opinion. If she had an abortion before she'd be certainly open to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Excuse me?

How is an abortion not my business?
    Is it your body? The answers are one in the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of thread just isn't going to be appropriate here. This is one of those questions that touches on such a powerful subject that it's never possible to remain constructive.