Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Like some have said its a ok game but a bad FF game. The story which is supposed to be a strong part of FF wasn't very good and never sucked me in. The first one isnt bad and had it ended there it might not have gone down as bad. The second one really bites the big one worse then FFX-2 X-2 atleast gives you a little more closer and lets you see the world you helped save and how it changed. I never gave the third a shot tho i hear its better then the 2nd but the story is still sub par for FF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    As much as I'd love a remake of FF7 I'm reluctant to get my hopes up simply because every couple of months there's a new claim about it happening and then it turns out to be a hoax.
    You know if they do they will claim there is a super special ending where you know who can be brought back to life just to troll people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed all 3 very much. start with the first game and just try it and see if you enjoy them.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickthid View Post
    They're the absolute worst FF games in the series.

However, if you can pretend you're not playing a Final Fantasy game, you might like them. Otherwise, I'd recommend just waiting for the FF7 remake.

There is no ff7 Remake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaaz View Post
    There is no ff7 Remake
    People think it's squares last card if everything goes south but tbh it wasn't that great.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    People think it's squares last card if everything goes south but tbh it wasn't that great.
    Square's last card would be making mobile games and making bank, not spending 10s of millions to remake some nostalgia train game that would sell 6-8 mil at most. It wouldn't be some GTAV 30+ million seller juggernaut that could single handedly save a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Square's last card would be making mobile games and making bank, not spending 10s of millions to remake some nostalgia train game that would sell 6-8 mil at most. It wouldn't be some GTAV 30+ million seller juggernaut that could single handedly save a company.
    If you think a final fantasy game couldn't single handedly save squaresoft then you don't know much about the history of the final fantasy series it seems...
    Last edited by Yalingo; 2014-08-02 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

If you can survive the first half of the first game (super death linear) then the second half is actually pretty good. I did like the combat/build-your-monster-ally in XIII-2 but the story was even worse than the first, which wasn't all too strong to start with. Lightning returns was just a no for me, girlfriend bought it to try it out and barely put in a few hours and never touched it again.

If you pick up the first one on sale and can trudge through the linear first half, then yes it's worth it.

While I might have not enjoyed the XIII's as much as other final fantasy titles I still had fun so I'd definitely go with yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    If you think a final fantasy game couldn't single handedly save squaresoft then you don't know much about the history of the final fantasy series it seems...
    Actually I do. Last I checked this wasn't the 80s and major releases didn't cost $100+ million to make and market.

Apparently you failed to see how the market has changed since the famicon days.

If square gos deep in the red, a 7-8 million seller isn't going to pull them out of it. That's a fact.

Research the current video game market before trying to apply 80s market logic to 2015 and on market logic.

In all fairness FF7 is incredibly popular. A remake would likely do very well and make a lot of money in the process. Perhaps not enough to prevent the company from crashing if it ever hit rock bottom but after seeing how well they managed to turn FFXIV around I have faith that they could make a FF7 remake work.

I don't see the remake selling much more then FF13 did(7.5 million).

It would likely cost the same amount of money to make as the game needs voice acting, and EVERYTHING redone. The game and it's cgi are hideous and can't simply just be up scaled like Kingdom Hearts and FFX. If square wanted to do some crap half ass remake of it, it would be fore mobile and handheld systems and not a main system.

I hardly see it making them anymore money then simply releasing FF15 and 16, and KH3.

HELL NO. FF XIII is an abomination that needs to be forgotten.

Intricate? It's practically automatic for the most part with very little room for customisation. Many of the earlier games offered much more depth to their combat systems.
    This is flat out untrue. Do you know what COM buffering is? How about ATB refreshing? Role bonuses? Conditional modifiers? Do you know what any of these are without googling them?
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-08-02 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickthid View Post
    They're the absolute worst FF games in the series.

However, if you can pretend you're not playing a Final Fantasy game, you might like them. Otherwise, I'd recommend just waiting for the FF7 remake.
    So after fighting it for all this time their funds finally hit a low enough point that they are gonna remake FF7 before making a better selling game than it. Really shows where Square Enix is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    This is flat out untrue. Do you know what COM buffering is? How about ATB refreshing? Role bonuses? Conditional modifiers? Do you know what any of these are without googling them?
    Yeah, but I still don't find it as intricate or in-depth as what the older games bring to the table in terms of character customisation. Final Fantasy Tactics is a great example as to what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the story?

lol no

FFXIII was an awful game. XII-2 was decent, and LR was good. But after the first game any story to be had in the game is just really disappointing. FFXIII LR was also cheesier than a bowl of fuckin' nachos.

I never finished the first game, liked the second game, and although from a gameplay perspective i thought LR was pretty good the story went full retard.

Yeah, but I still don't find it as intricate or in-depth as what the older games bring to the table in terms of character customisation. Final Fantasy Tactics is a great example as to what I mean.
    Tactics isn't part of the main games for final fantasy. Tactics also wasn't that deep on the surface(you don't have to delve too deep if you don't want to), and your comparing a slow paced, turn based game with a game that is fast paced and not turn based...

You only know tactics is deep because you needed to know some things about the game(well, you didn't need to, but it made your life a lot easier). You don't need to know what percent of resist each mob has in FF13 because the game does most of the work for you. There's a lot behind the scene for each game. In FF tactics I didn't actually use that much tactics(the game can easily be cheesed and won on the first turn of a battle in most cases), but I had to do many different strategies for almost every boss in FF13.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-08-02 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have money to blow on some games, I'd say go for it. I can only speak for 13, but it's a good game. The paradigm system is great. The game looks beautiful and the music score is amazing. Solid game if you can grab it cheap. Not to mention, it has a fucking frocobo!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    XIII had a great start but go unbearably dull mid game.

XIII-2 Is a lot better than the first one and is better paced.

XIII-3 I havn't played it yet.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont do it. your money would be better spent on food. or gas. or alcohol.

part 1 was way to linear(as said by others) some slight character progression but the archtypes were annoying and i couldnt get over it.

part 2 seemed really weird and from what i read about the story/game play, it did not interest me.

part three seems like the only decent one, but the first one left such a bad taste in my mouth, and never playing part 2, im going to even bother trying to catch up.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.