Caster class suggestion?

I only play melee classes and recently had an interest in picking up Mage. In terms of PvP what's a good caster class to try for PvP? I guess there's only Mage, Lock, SPriest and Boomkin? Ele? I feel like since Mages have a good record of being viable/strong in Arenas that it would be a good class to invest in.
    Last edited by Icecreamcake; 2014-08-01 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    I only play melee classes and recently had an interest in picking up Mage. In terms of PvP what's a good caster class to try for PvP? I guess there's only Mage, Lock, SPriest and Boomkin? Ele? I feel like since Mages have a good record of being viable/strong in Arenas that it would be a good class to invest in.
    Any of them. If you like to maintain dots do and affliction lock if you want to fish for procs do a spriest boomkin or even an eSham. I've never been a big mage fan but lots of people are and there is no denying how strong they can be. I would recommend a sham, priest or mage just because boomkins are changing so much in WoD.

Want to get instantly trained no matter where you are? Roll Boomkin.

Good mages can do some serious damage against the enemy team and just be like that little pebble you cant get out of your shoe always there annoying you. Great ones will make you want to cry. Definitely a good class to invest in if you plan on going far and learning all the tricks and ins and outs of the class.

Deleted
    Frost Mage, easily, though Affliction Warlock looks fun.

Well, I can't really explain why, but I felt more comfortable playing Warlock than anything else after I'd been used to a melee class for a while. My main has been my Warrior since Classic WoW. Didn't get around to rolling a proper alt until BC. Tried a Mage and a Shadow Priest...didn't care for either. Tried a Warlock and picked it up right away.

Of course, classes (especially Warlock) have changed since those days, so I have no idea what it'd feel like now. But I can say that after I'd been used to a Warrior for a good while, Warlock was the one caster class I didn't really have any trouble picking up. My Warlock (primarily Affliction) has been my "main" alt for most of the time I've played this game.

Warlocks are pretty strong in PvP right now (especially if it's a random BG where you get to stand off on a ledge or something and free cast/snipe people without being noticed in all the chaos). And have fun stealing other people's KBs with Shadowburn.

Also that one Warlock pet has a nice ass, so there's that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-04 at 03:46 PM.

Mage and moonkin for huge control and trolling potential. Spriest and lock are simpler and more straight forward pressure, but screwed over much more easily than a mage or moonkin. Ele I don't know much about, but they look simple too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    <-----mage since TBC. Non stop fun even when lower geared then the other guy.

Id go either Boomkin or Frost Mage
    *broken sig link*

i really think the suggestion above

Deleted
    Mage is almost always the best investment, followed by Warlock. Frost Mage seems to rarely if ever receive a destructive nerf. If you want to adapt easier, the order is the following: Warlock -> Mage -> Boomkin -> SPriest. Shadow has one of the highest skill-caps in game, and increased difficulty due to many utilities that your co-players will often ask you to use in a plethora of ways, sometimes too rigidly. Lastly, your motivation matters a lot. Play the class you think will be the most motivating for you.

Warlock or Mage

elemental shaman really easy to start as caster

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman is probably the easiest one.

Then go with Frost Mage, Affliction and Balance Druid.

In that order... if you want to be really serious go with Shadow Priest. Harder but really good when you learn it

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Also that one Warlock pet has a nice ass, so there's that.
    Yeah, the Imp's got some tight little glutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Yeah, the Imp's got some tight little glutes.
    Those little 5 year old boys you mean? Wow... this escalated quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Those little 5 year old boys you mean? Wow... this escalated quickly...
    Or are we talking about the winking Observer anus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Or are we talking about the winking Observer anus?
    Ill have to get back to you on that one...