Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    animals have good sense of smell. You wear that crap in the woods you can pretty much forget about getting that deer or that squirrel or whatever else you want to eat.
    I was attempting to explain to him a reason why the "ridiculous OTT alpha males," he was talking about don't use hair care items.
    Talking down to/belittling those that do use such products, though? Especially when I doubt every single one of them is a supposed "hunter". More like grown men trying to overcompensate with manliness for some banal reason, on an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Most of them are not hunters, just insecure mongs who think putting some effort into your appearance makes you less manly.
    Pretty much. Seems to be a common trend in GenOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shampoo every couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    Shampoo every couple weeks.
    What do you do every other time you wash your hair though? Just rinse it with water (sans shampoo)? Or do you like.. not wash your hair?

(Also, finding it hilarious that people are classing shampoo - something used for healthy hair - as a hair "product".)

I have dreads so I tend to use Jamaican Mango-Line Gel
    Works wonders

Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Talking down to/belittling those that do use such products, though? Especially when I doubt every single one of them is a supposed "hunter". More like grown men trying to overcompensate with manliness for some banal reason, on an internet forum of all places.

Pretty much. Seems to be a common trend in GenOT.
    Explaining things to you is talking down to you?

Looks to me like you're the one talking down to people who don't use product.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you do every other time you wash your hair though? Just rinse it with water (sans shampoo)? Or do you like.. not wash your hair?

(Also, finding it hilarious that people are classing shampoo - something used for healthy hair - as a hair "product".)
    Here's another case of you judging people who don't use hair product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shampoo, I guess.

Only thing I use though, haven't styled my hair in years and most of the time go for a short hair option. Should probably style it to stop looking so plain, but I haven't got around to it and seem to dislike everything I try.

Deleted
    none , since I am now bald. saying that I just razor off what if left from time to time myself so its a lot cheaper than going to get it cut lol

im not a man but i have pretty short hair so i guess i'll chime in.

zeste by lush, smells nice and keeps my hair slicked down for work.

http://www.lushusa.com/Zeste/05191,en_US,pd.html

10+ Year Old Account
    razor ^^even when i had long hair i've never used anything fancy, just shampoo

10+ Year Old Account
    I have found that the less ingredients there is in shampoo or balsam, the better it seems to be for my hair.

Besides, washing my hair at most 2 times a week with shampoo, once with balsam. Seems to be the best for me.

Not going to bother with a ton of hair products, since my hair looks great even with the minimal work I put into it.
    Then again both sides of my family has great hair, so that's probably why.

Out of curiosity, any guys here use straightening irons?
    Nope, my hair is already straight, thankfully. Don't think having long curly hair would be a lot of fun, judging from my mom's experience it seems to be hell : )
    Last edited by Azutael; 2014-08-03 at 03:55 PM.

Didn't really use anything until a few months ago when I realized my hair just sitting there was really boring. Got a haircut, lady asked if I ever used anything in my hair. I told her to try spiking it lightly, and she used http://www.amazon.com/American-Crew-.../dp/B000FZXGCE and ever since I've been using that.

Explaining things to you is talking down to you?

Looks to me like you're the one talking down to people who don't use product.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another case of you judging people who don't use hair product.
    It was hardly an explanation, more like.. making excuses for a minor percentage of people. Still they're the ones looking down/criticising those that do use hair products. Take this post from the start of the thread.. there are about a dozen more in here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohkay View Post
    Yea... wtf... you're a man. "styling" your hair should take you roughly 10sec in the morning.
    And asking a question is talking down to people?
    Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Only thing I use though, haven't styled my hair in years and most of the time go for a short hair option. Should probably style it to stop looking so plain, but I haven't got around to it and seem to dislike everything I try.
    That's fine. I just find it weird where people only shampoo their hair every few weeks. Sounds like a cleanliness issue, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    #Imustbeafaggotfornotrubbingbacongreaseintoitandroaringlikeaman
    Using hashtags? Damn, ain't doing yourself any favours here, bae.

A straight razor and about 5 min in the shower

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever my roommate puts in my hair from her job.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted

Nothing beats the feeling of a smoothly shaven head.

A random hair gel product..been using hair gel for 10 years i think im addicted i even put a little when my hair is cut military style lol.

Deleted
    1mm hair trimmer and a bar of soap. Random shampoo if my hair gets slightly longer.
    Balsam, gel, straightening irons and any other similar stuff is for wussies. You are a man, not a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use whatever shampoo I find in the shower. And I also use no specific gel or wax.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

It was hardly an explanation, more like.. making excuses for a minor percentage of people. Still they're the ones looking down/criticising those that do use hair products. Take this post from the start of the thread.. there are about a dozen more in here:

And asking a question is talking down to people?
    Interesting.

That's fine. I just find it weird where people only shampoo their hair every few weeks. Sounds like a cleanliness issue, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Using hashtags? Damn, ain't doing yourself any favours here, bae.
    Actually hunters are quite a large percentage of American citizens. It's hardly making excuses by telling you why they don't generally use product. You're hear complaining about how people who don't use product are talking down to you, however you've resorted to talking down to them and name calling at least once in this thread. So how are you any better than they are?