View Poll Results: Do you support the new proposed guidelines?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Strongly support

1 16.67%
  • support

0 0%
  • DK

0 0%
  • no support

1 16.67%
  • strongly no support

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

We need a new sentence: Life in Solitary Confinement Without Parole

We need to stop obsessing about rehabilitation of criminals and bragging about "oh this nordic country has low recidivism rates" and start returning to our baseline ethics. The baseline ethics as I would describe is "you hurt someone, your should get hurt" not because it has anything to do with lower crime rates, but because it is justice.

Lets face the facts, a life sentence might not be considered ruining someone's life, if the conditions are excessively humane. Some examples are Germany prisons. Their conditions are good enough that a few who have become eligible for parole decline. This is insane. We need to stop thinking about

Some insane examples of "cushy" jails. http://articles.sandhira.com/top-10-...he-world.html#

THIS is how prison should be http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nfinement.html

We need to stop trying to fucking appease amnesty international and start worrying about pure justice. If you read the comments below, there is a massive push to make prisons less comfortable. Prison IS A PLACE TO BE PUNISHED, not a place to be treated. If being imprisoned is not worse than being killed. there is a major problem with the justice system. Ask yourself this question: If someone murdered someone you loved, would you want them to be "rehabilitated" or "punished"? I sure would rather see rot.

What I am advocating for is not the abolishment of the 8th amendment, but for a NEW sentence here in the United States, a punishment beyond the death penalty that is not inhumane. Life in Solitay Confinement without the possibility of parole, no TV, no good food, no computers or internet. You just si there AND ROT like a piece of shit you are. That is what I want. And I have the majority of MMO-C the majority of America, the majority of UK behind me. I will be working on a petition for this, once it gets approved I will link it to you.

We need a return to a more simple criminal justice system. We need to stop worrying about the recidivism rates, lets face the facts: the victims and the public have little concern over such trivial matters, what we want is justice.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...urder/vSCPWbcB
    Last edited by AmericanJustice; 2014-08-02 at 03:05 AM.

What are "baseline ethics"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What are "baseline ethics"?
    Take away the recidivism statistic splaz, take away the "humanity" rhetoric, and think about what they deserve. Do they deserve to be comfortable? to be happy? to remain in good mental state? Should they be punished? answer these questions.

I don't care for your poster's persona and I sure as well don't agree to your nutso petition idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJustice View Post
    Take away the recidivism statistic splaz, take away the "humanity" rhetoric, and think about what they deserve. Do they deserve to be comfortable? to be happy? to remain in good mental state? Should they be punished? answer these questions.
    Why would we take it away? It reduces crime rates. I want a justice system that makes me safer. Your ideas don't.

Also a punishment that drives you insane is so blatantly in violation of the 8th amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I don't care for your poster's persona and I sure as well don't agree to your nutso petition idea.
    Bother explaining why?

An eye for an eye will leave the world blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Bother explaining why?
    Your posting explains far more eloquently than I ever could.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Deleted
    Add a poll to your thread please, i want to see your stance thoroughly disagreed with.

Solitary is harsh as fuck. I'd lose my mind being alone like that.

Why would we take it away? It reduces crime rates. I want a justice system that makes me safer. Your ideas don't.

Also a punishment that drives you insane is so blatantly in violation of the 8th amendment.
    There are OTHER WAYS to lower recidivism rates, I can name many of them.
    And no, the 8th ammendment is there to prohibit strange punishments like public executions, public lashing. physical punishments.

15+ Year Old Account
    excessively humane
    stop trying to fucking appease amnesty international
    I have the majority of MMO-C the majority of America, the majority of UK behind me
    This thread is going places...

There are OTHER WAYS to lower recidivism rates, I can name many of them.
    And no, the 8th ammendment is there to prohibit strange punishments like public executions, public lashing. physical punishments.
    You mean cruel and unusual. Driving a man insane I would think is considered cruel.

There are OTHER WAYS to lower recidivism rates, I can name many of them..
    Name them. With citation.

The 8th amendment specifically bans cruel punishments. Driving a man insane is cruel by its very definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to stop obsessing about rehabilitation of criminals and bragging about "oh this nordic country has low recidivism rates" and start returning to our baseline ethics. The baseline ethics as I would describe is "you hurt someone, your should get hurt" not because it has anything to do with lower crime rates, but because it is justice.

Lets face the facts, a life sentence might not be considered ruining someone's life, if the conditions are excessively humane. Some examples are Germany prisons. Their conditions are good enough that a few who have become eligible for parole decline. This is insane. We need to stop thinking about

Some insane examples of "cushy" jails. http://articles.sandhira.com/top-10-...he-world.html#

THIS is how prison should be http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nfinement.html

We need to stop trying to fucking appease amnesty international and start worrying about pure justice. If you read the comments below, there is a massive push to make prisons less comfortable. Prison IS A PLACE TO BE PUNISHED, not a place to be treated. If being imprisoned is not worse than being killed. there is a major problem with the justice system. Ask yourself this question: If someone murdered someone you loved, would you want them to be "rehabilitated" or "punished"? I sure would rather see him go insane, and eventually mentally fall apart rather than see him in good health.

What I am advocating for is not the abolishment of the 8th amendment, but for a NEW sentence here in the United States, a punishment beyond the death penalty that is not inhumane. Life in Solitay Confinement without the possibility of parole, no TV, no good food, no computers or internet. You just si there AND ROT like a piece of shit you are. That is what I want. And I have the majority of MMO-C the majority of America, the majority of UK behind me. I will be working on a petition for this, once it gets approved I will link it to you.

We need a return to a more simple criminal justice system. We need to stop worrying about the recidivism rates, lets face the facts: the victims and the public have little concern over such trivial matters, what we want is justice.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

My petition is called: New Sentencing Guideline: Life in Solitary No Parole Mandatory for Murder
    PLEASE PLEASE SIGN IT. When it's approved it will appear on there.
    Permanent solitary is more cruel and unusual than execution. Might as well send them to death row if you're just going to torture them forever.

Also, I'm pretty sure promotions and advertisements for outside websites are against the forum rules.

Name them. With citation.

The 8th amendment specifically bans cruel punishments. Driving a man insane is cruel by its very definition.
    Not every single person in solitary goes insane first of all.
    and if someone is in solitary for the rest of his life, he cannot commit another crime.

Deleted
    Some examples are Germany prisons. Their conditions are good enough that a few who have become eligible for parole decline. This is insane. We need to stop thinking about
    The only problem with our prisons is that rich people get out of it way too soon even though they evaded millions in taxes and got a way too lenient punishment for it anyways.
    But that's probably the case everywhere. Money rules the world after all.

Cruel and unusual. I foresee solitary going away in its entirety for how it fucks up the minds of those in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murican Justice. Really explains the attitude in the post...

cruel and unusual punishments tend to aply to torturous or over zealous punishments. mental torture is still torture.

and if someone is in solitary for the rest of his life, he cannot commit another crime.
    If we just kill them, they cannot commit another crime! -_-
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Doesn't matter. Its a punishment with a documented effect of causing mental instability.

So your solution to recidivism is to lock everyone up alone for life?