10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] New Digimon Adventure Sequel Announced

As per the title, Toei announced that a new Adventure sequel will arrive in Spring 2015 as part of the Digimon 15th Anniversary. As someone who grew up watching the first two Adventure series my inner child is super excited to see how this plays out. So what's all of your opinions? I for one am happy to be moving on past the mess that has been Digimon since Data Squad and Fusion (Xros Wars).

Official Page

Crunchyroll News Article

Haha really looking forward to it. Just watched Adventure 01 last week again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently watched Digimon till I hit Digimon Frontier and it just seemed horrible....Hopefully this will be better.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I loved Digimon Adventure back in the day; I used to watch it religiously on Fox Kids and then play Digimon World on my PS1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I'll have to check it out when it airs. Digimon was a pretty awesome anime when I was a kid, so it'll be interesting to see how it will be in 2015.

Oh nice, I quite liked adventure back in the day, and I lost interest in the franchise completely when they started doing the alt continuity thing (Zoids and Yu Gi Oh did that too, I freaking HATE IT).

I'll need to give adventure a re-watch fairly soon.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Did not adventure season 2 end with all characters actually growing old and having jobs? As in it was an actual ending. What will they tell now in this one?

I loved hearing that song 'butterfly' again by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Did not adventure season 2 end with all characters actually growing old and having jobs? As in it was an actual ending. What will they tell now in this one?

I loved hearing that song 'butterfly' again by the way.
    The end of season 2 is a time skip, considering Tai will be 17 years here it'll take place in-between Season 2 and the Epilogue. With any luck it'll be retconned to make things more interesting.

I personally hope this will focus most on the Season 1 cast and sideline the Season 2 cast a bit as side characters.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2014-08-03 at 05:17 PM.

I wonder if there will be a reboot trend, and if it is all based on the reception sailor moon crystal has had.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg omg omg omg, Absolutly loved digimon series 1-3 ...used to randomly shout giga cannon and terra destroyer at people then throw things at them >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I loved Digimon Adventure back in the day; I used to watch it religiously on Fox Kids and then play Digimon World on my PS1.
    Holy shit Digimon World was so good, easily my most played game on PS1. It's a shame they never made a game like that again(that I know of)
    Last edited by Ashcrack; 2014-08-03 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    Holy shit Digimon World was so good, easily my most played game on PS1. It's a shame they never made a game like that again(that I know of)
    Digimon world redigitize, the English translation is supposed to come out between now and December

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_World_Reigitize

I'll be happy as long as they make up for the whole "We now have ultimate power but only 2 of us can still go to mega!!!!" BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I'll be happy as long as they make up for the whole "We now have ultimate power but only 2 of us can still go to mega!!!!" BS.
    Agreed, the only major complain I've ever had about the 2 first series was that we never saw digimon like Gomamon and Tentomon's mega forms.

This will be the perfect opportunity to give everyone they bloody mega forms, they better not mess it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    They were chosen, but those two were chosen-er.

Could be good. I liked the first seasons with the original cast, as well as the movie, but it's been so long, I'd have to rewatch it to remember everything.

I'm so ready. I may or may not have marathoned Digimon Adventures Season 1 just for the hell of it as a result of this announcement. >.>

Funny. Re-watched the entire digimon adventure when it was added to Netflix. It is truly one of my favorite animes. Looking forward to this.