Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Office never had a laugh track and it was one of the most hilarious shows I've watched.

Well that article was bonkers.

Man, even articles on the BBC website don't know that it's spelled "voting bloc".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I blame the Big Bang Theory....

My god is it bad.
    It was genuinely good in the early seasons, though it's getting long in the tooth now. Still has some good character humour.

I mean, like all of Chuck Lorre's shows it's a conventional odd couple TV comedy (IMO it has considerably better writing than his others though) that seems like it was concocted in a 10 minute brainstorming session, but that's because it's a sitcom. Conforms heavily to sitcom tropes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was genuinely good in the early seasons, though it's getting long in the tooth now. Still has some good character humour.
    It's just 30 minutes of pandering to a spastic studio audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I blame the Big Bang Theory....

My god is it bad.
    I had to unlike it on Facebook because every other post was "How many likes for Penny?" with a picture of Penny in a sexy outfit.

As someone pointed out, the first season was good, but the show jumped the shark a long time ago.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That's not what the laugh track is there for though.
    I know! That's why it just makes me feel like a bad person when I think to myself "That wasn't really funny". :V

Deleted
    I generally really like the Big Bang Theory, even when some references feel a bit forced sometimes, I find the show really funny and they hit the nail right on the head most of the time.

Like when they were arguing over watching the Clone Wars series before the Clone Wars film and Sheldon said "I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended."

It's so strange in America. There's this really absurd system with just two gigantic big ass political parties and you're either red or blue, like Horde and Alliance. And then somehow everything and anything is being attached to this dualism. I often see Americans calling people, or each other, "liberals" or "republicans" based on stuff that often doesn't even have the slightest thing to do with politics. Because it's such a forcedly dualistic society, everything gets politicized and color-coded.

I can't even fathom how anyone can have this idea to attach this whole "nerdism" thing to a political leaning. It's so ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Sometimes you just gotta force the laugh to get any amount of happiness in life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cyx6nWdFas
    What the hell is this crap? That's the most annoying thing I've seen in a while

.... just going to throw this out here cause I think some of you might get what it upsets/confuses me. In the homosphere, geeks/nerds have gone into a kind of sexual fetishism. /shiver, i just.. don't get it. I wish it was just BBT you could blame, lol.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What the hell is this crap? That's the most annoying thing I've seen in a while

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    .... just going to throw this out here cause I think some of you might get what it upsets/confuses me. In the homosphere, geeks/nerds have gone into a kind of sexual fetishism. /shiver, i just.. don't get it. I wish it was just BBT you could blame, lol.
    Ehhh.. The true to the stereotype nerds? Unless they're making six figures I don't think they were that bangable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I barely notice the laugh track, I've been watching sitcoms since I was a kid.
    I grew up on Seinfeld and Friends, but the laugh track in big bang theory is obnoxious

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone wants to try and fit in with the cool new thing like being a "nerd" or a "gamer girl". Either you play video games and like comic books and all that other stuff or you don't, I don't see why there needs to be a label on it.

Also Big Bang is taped in front of a live audience so it's not really a laugh track.
    Last edited by Vober; 2014-08-03 at 06:08 PM.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

15+ Year Old Account
    People labeling themselves as nerds to seem cool are equally annoying to those claiming nerd is a protected title that only genuine nerds should be allowed to use.

There might not be causation, but i personally find that there is large correlation between being liberal and being a nerd. I'm not speaking in any theoretical manner, but just from what I've seen on the internet. Most posters on this very site tend to take a liberal stance in favor of abortion, as I saw on another thread here, with only a few taking the conservative stance against it. Of course, that speaks for MMO-Champion not all nerds, but I've found the same trend on other nerdy sites and social media throughout the net. I think it's more likely that 'nerds' trend toward being of the younger generation and so do liberals; or at least, that's a small part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alefnir View Post
    There might not be causation, but i personally find that there is large correlation between being liberal and being a nerd.
    That's probably true. I think liberals are more open-minded and therefore more readily engage in new things like the internet, science, and knowledge. Conservatives tend to be more old-fashioned and traditionalist, so you wouldn't see many interested in these areas. Nerds are into science and gathering knowledge, but most US conservatives are either against these or just find them lower on the priority list of life.