Deleted

Ghoul dmg output ??

Hi my question is, what dmg output should i expect from ghoul. I just switched from DW frost which i played whole MoP to unholy and i am doing ok, but not great. The thing thats bothering me is dmg output of my ghoul. I noticed during 2. boss in Skyreach (patchwerk style) that i did around 20-21K DPS, but ghouls part of that dmg was about 1,5-2K. I am always trying to get maximal uptime of Dark transformation, by saving RP so i could use it when ghouls previous DT wears off. Am i doing something wrong??

Just for info my ilvl is 636, i cant post link so if you want to check my gear on armory you can find me on EU Drak'thul - nick Manora...

Any advice is appreciated.

Nah, Ghoul dmg is so low. Sometimes I forget getting him out again after the game randomly dismisses him and I don't even notice in Skada.

Deleted
    Both the Ghoul and AotD do significantly less damage than I wish they did, but honestly, it seems to so far be for the better.

I feel quite a lot of our balancing used to be based around AotD being a very strong CD. With it now being Army of the 20 Damage Melee Swings it seems like Blizzard shifted some of our power over into our actual damaging abilities instead and it seems to be working out and frankly I'm fine with it.

Even if Timmy and his little brothers hit like soggy noodles, I feel like we hit a lot harder to compensate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghouls are an extremely low portion of your overall damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

You do 20k DPS and your Ghoul does 2k of that DPS.

Thats 10% of your damage. That really isn't a small number. Ghoul is fine. Honestly be happy more of your DPS isn't tied to the Ghoul, less you be plagued by the shitty Pet coding that Blizzard never fixed.

Deleted
    I think that the pet damage being around 10% is fine but Dark Transformation management and RP pooling isn't important enough, I feel. It probably would be better for gameplay if Dark Transformation increased pet damage by like 400% while decreasing pet base damage overall, making it so that managing Dark Transformation better has more of a benefit, although 0.7-1% is still significant

Ghoul is complete shit now.

Barely even bother with DT pooling anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Ghoul is complete shit now.

Barely even bother with DT pooling anymore.
    With 4t17 you will ^^

Deleted
    but both 2p and 4p are shit

Is it just me or does the ghoul eat big ass damage as well now?

On rag lfr I was death coiling him every 3rd death coil and still went through 3 of them.

I know this has nothing to do with the ghoul's output but does anyone notice the ghoul disappears every time you take a flight path?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I know this has nothing to do with the ghoul's output but does anyone notice the ghoul disappears every time you take a flight path?
    Happens to me as well, and every time I load into an instance I think. Dunno if it's a recent issue or not since I didn't touch my DK much during mop, and when I did it was frost.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-11-30 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    There's something wonky with WoD flight paths that cause all pets (including companions) to not resummon when landing. Sometimes they will even resummon themselves several minutes later if you don't do it yourself.

yes they disappear. jump twice when you land and your pet will appear