Gaming laptop for about $1000

I'm starting college in the fall and want to get a laptop for school but one that will also run games. The only game I play is wow. I don't need anything super overkill as my desktop will be my main computer for raiding. I'd like to keep it about a $1000 (or less if it won't sacrifice too much). Just remember it will be used as a school and gaming laptop.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    http://www.xoticpc.com/

Go with a Sager/Clevo model.
    I'd also recommend Xotic and a Sager. I'm so far quite satisfied with mine.

I'd specifically recommend doing whatever you need to do to get a model with an SSD and hard drive. AFAICT, everything Sager makes has a mSATA SSD bay.

Their NP7358 is in the vicinity of your budget, though including a SSD pushes it well over the budget to $1179. Without is $1079.

The NP4658 is another option, which would come in at $949 without SSD or $1049 with.

If you have a spare windows license around, you can shave $80 off those prices.

Alternatively, another possibility is to buy your own SSD and install it yourself after the fact. A smaller mSATA SSD (60GB, enough for the OS and maybe WoW, depending on exactly how big WoD is going to be) can be had for $55.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters