Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I won't miss Mists just like I don't miss Cataclysm or Wrath. The only thing I liked about Mists was the PvE (Not dungeons/Scenarios). I hated every single zone, I'm sure some find them beautiful and that's perfectly fine, different opinions and all that. I however felt they were very out of place in terms of the Warcraft Universe and the overall theme was disappointing as well.

I'm looking forward to not having to clear Vermin off some farmers land and water their crops. Valley of the four winds stands out as the worst quest zone ever put into Warcraft in my opinion and I'll be very happy to see the back of it and all of Pandaria.

And you, OP, will be in a club of what, 5% of the playerbase, that will. I can't wait to be out of that fucking place. The sad part is, other than an overload of early, similar-looking zones, it actually wasn't so bad. Just the whole panda-crap thing kinda... Soured it. All of it. And the continuation of the self-destructive VP/JP system. And a bunch of other dumb stuff, some of which is thankfully being fixed in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wish every expansion from now on was Pandaren focused. Not only are the Pandaren cool, but that might actually force the Panda haters to fuck off for good, and go play Darksiders or Metal Gear Rising or something similarly edgy-teen-compatible.
    weaboo detected

Hell to the NO, I have hated Pandaland since about a month after drop. The only raid I ever liked was MSV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love pandaria and pandaren (especially Brewmasters! Which I play myself). I love the asian theme and everything BUT It doesnt feel really ''Warcraft'' to me. It doesnt really fit in.

I will miss Pandaria though. I'll prob go there from time to time in Warlords just because I can.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Hm. Pandaria wasn't exactly my favorite theme as well, but the way of immersing the player into the story even after the questing phase was done, the size and quality of raids, and the amount of gimmick activities available let me see past that and enjoy the expansion nonetheless. Cataclysm was a lot worse in those regards, and even much of what BC and Wrath brought onto the board simply can't keep up in direct comparison.

I guess most people still feel personally insulted by the Asia flavored theming, which must be really hard on you Muricans. It's a bit sad some are so short-sighted to condemn the whole expansion over it.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Diablo 4 : Stables of Cow Land
    A new expac dedicated to the cow
    And maybe that would just be daring and crazy enough to work even better than D3, which was bashed for going the easy way of just giving the players what they screamed for in a streamlined fashion instead of innovating upon the concept. We get nothing from closing our minds up so much that all possibilities for innovation are lost.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-08-04 at 03:53 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with Pandaria was with how much it did not feel like WoW.

This is not a nostalgia rant about vanilla but rather a loss of aesthetics and tone during this expansion that make WoW what it is. It felt like my character was transferred from WoW into another game entirely along with the NPC's and other players from my server.

These are some of the things that really made me feel like I was not playing WoW.

+ The pandarin and their running alcoholic trope. It was funny in a few references to poke fun at the brew master thing but it seemed like a good joke that blizzard just couldn't let go. Kinda felt like I was paying a subscription to a Dane Cook performance.

+ Enemies that did not feel like a threat to me or the world. Neither the Mantid or the Mogu came off as threatening enemies because the scope of their power was limited to the island of Pandaria, beyond that island what waited for them where the two largest forces on the face of Azeroth. Add to that the fact that both of them where remnants of shattered empires and you actually kinda end up feeling sorry for them. Garrosh and the true horde, again the villain here felt just a little underwhelming in terms of the threat he posed.

+ Zandalari, I enjoy the story behind the trolls not associated with the horde, I felt that the Zandalari could have had a great story but had no business being in Pandaria to begin with and ultimately they ended up feeling like they where shoehorned in at the last moment to try and cover a plot hole to bring back the thunder king and make the mogu seem like a threat.

+The Asian theme. I like a good asain theme, they can be fun to play in and bring with it a wealth of historical truth and lore to play with and pull into your game but WoW went the route of "Most stereotypical cliché" they could think of. This included the lesson of inner peace and harmony through the diligence of training, Obscure and sometimes overplayed reference to "Journey to the west". The architecture, it felt like they didn't even try here. It seemed like instead of looking to the Asian architecture for inspiration to create something unique, they instead decided to just copy it directly which to me just made it feel out of place in WoW.

+Pandaran. I like the idea behind them but I felt it could have been executed better. Again they feel like a joke someone thought was funny and just kept on with it till it started to just become old. the look cool but they have definitely overplayed the fat aspect in them with their verbal jokes. Also their attempt at satirical confusionism is something to be desired.

Again just my opinion on Pandaria as whole. But I am looking forward to returning to a more dark setting in WoD with an enemy that feels like it actually poses a threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually just remarking yesterday how little I was going to miss Pandaria when the expansion ends. It's been by far my least favorite expansion.

At this point though, I can't be sure if I feel that way because it's gone on for so long and I'm sick of leveling characters through it...or if I'll still feel that way after it's done. I do think some of the zones are really beautiful, and I did enjoy leveling once or twice through it.

Overall though, BC was my favorite expansion. With WoD going back to the same areas, it feels like I get to go back to BC again and yet still experience it being new. I'm very excited for WoD.

The more I see WOD The more I go back to loving Pandaria.

Deleted
    I'm not going to miss it. Spent far too long with nothing to do at the end here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some nice scenery somtimes, but I don't care much for the asian theme. It's too prevalent already. Content-wise it was great though I think. Timeless Isle was the best thing they've done in an extremely long time. One thing that might have put a bad taste in my mouth was probably leveling 5 characters to 90 on beta (before any xp nerfs) and then doing it again on live haha.

Jade Forest and Valley of Four Winds will be the only parts of Pandaria that I will miss. The rest of the continent looked like shit. Though the Temple of the White Tiger area was nice looking. Wandering Isle looked good too. Other than that, Pandaria was ugly (especially after they ruined the Vale).

Still, a much much better expansion than the shitty Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jade Forest is my favorite zone in the entire game. It's so beautiful.

I enjoyed MoP. I thought it was a great expansion. It's just old lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was really nothing I disliked about this xpac, other than the people that didn't give it a chance. The raiding was very good, the new features were great, zones great. I wasn't a huge fan of the pandas before launch but really the whole message was nice.

Beginning: "To ask why we fight, is to ask why leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question..."

End: "Why do we fight? To protect home, and family. To preserve balance, and bring harmony. For my kind, the true question is: What is worth fighting for?"

Love it!
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

only negative about MoP is the annoying phasing in open world

Yes, I'm going to miss Pandaria aswell. Since I main a Pandaren monk too... I love the feel of MoP.
    I just love the ancient asian themes getting into western audiences... even tho a lot of people dismiss it.
    It's very colorful and fun, but dark and sinister at the same time in many parts.

MoP is the best expansion. This is just my opinion though. not fact

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will not miss MoP at all, but I get where you're coming from. I've been playing since 04' and Wrath is still my favorite expansion. Why? Because I didn't raid in Vanilla or TBC. When Wrath hit, myself and a few RL friends really got in to endgame and progressed through all of normal raids and even a bit of heroic while it was current. So it's not that Wrath was necessarily a "better" expansion that TBC or an improvement over Vanilla, that's subjective. My experience during the expansion was the most full though. All of the leveling, exploring, and messing around I did in TBC, plus endgame experience.

Hell my buddy's favorite expansion is Cataclysm due to the same sort of thing. While I can't say Cata was my favorite expansion, Uldum is in my top 5 favorite zones and I don't know what I'd do without Transmogrification.

I hope your WoD experience is on par or better with your MoP experience friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    I will not miss MoP at all, but I get where you're coming from. I've been playing since 04' and Wrath is still my favorite expansion. Why? Because I didn't raid in Vanilla or TBC. When Wrath hit, myself and a few RL friends really got in to endgame and progressed through all of normal raids and even a bit of heroic while it was current. So it's not that Wrath was necessarily a "better" expansion that TBC or an improvement over Vanilla, that's subjective. My experience during the expansion was the most full though. All of the leveling, exploring, and messing around I did in TBC, plus endgame experience.

Hell my buddy's favorite expansion is Cataclysm due to the same sort of thing. While I can't say Cata was my favorite expansion, Uldum is in my top 5 favorite zones and I don't know what I'd do without Transmogrification.

I hope your WoD experience is on par or better with your MoP experience friend.
    Same thing with me, I started in MOP and got into heroic raiding in MOP so it's all i know. but going back and playing old content, I still believe it's the best.

I did not hate the Panda theme

They just fucked up everything like usual with Timeless Isle, too many different raid mode, a Legendary items that should be named ¨an attunement¨, restricting flying zone and Garrosh

I just can't feel the same way as OP feels about the xpack.
    The way the action progresses through questing and such just felt so childish. A new continent appears and the first thing you do is start a war, you are then advised to leave because the negative emotions manifest themselves as Sha and the pandas can't have that in their land. Completely ignoring that warning and switching your serious goggles off for a moment you go on turning a peaceful society of monkeys into soldiers for your war whilst helping a chimpanzee with the hots for an undead capturing the prince of Stormwind and freeing his newly acquired "friends", you then proceed to destroy an important monument that the bear people have been building for god knows how long in you silly war (even after being warned) and the pandaren still don't think it's time for your faction to leave heck the local deities even think of you like a savior. Valley of the four winds felt like your typical questing zone, nothing amazing there
    you do all sorts of shenanigans. Krasarang Had a darker tone to it's questing with Sunwalker's wife dieing and all but still felt unimpressive. I remember saving a village to gain the favor of the local populace and then building a horde outpost in Kun Lai, then saving another village from trolls, killing some Sha near one side of the wall, kicking explosive barrels at Youngol at the other side. Then Townlong, felt like a mess, more Youngol to kill for whatever reason, then pandas get Sha'd, take care of that, free some spirits to kill a Youngol caster and finally you get to Dread Wastes, the zone that made the most sense and was mildly interesting, Queen got Sha of Fear'd made the hive go crazy, help the paragons foil her plan.

Guess the main point of me not enjoing was that there just wasn't a goal to this expansion, no known evil to look forward to. In Cata you had a war against the elements and Deathwing, Hyjal was a mess when you got there, Uldum had been sealed since Vanilla and felt really intriguing, you repair the world pillar in Stonecore, same with every xpack you get a clear enemy/goal and a point to doing everything you do while in MoP they took the idea of one character from WC3 which background wise was completely unknown, made a world from the ground up and did so the most uninspired way possible all to lure in new players I'd wager.

That or I just might have outgrown WoW, I had way more fun lvling and doing stuff in Wildstar and felt like FF14:Arr was a much more polished game in terms of graphics and character interaction. I've played WoW for as long as it was out and I can clearly state that the game is old and that people come back to it because it's where they feel at home but that's a topic for another discussion.

"They just fucked up everything like usual with Timeless Isle, too many different raid mode, a Legendary items that should be named ¨an attunement¨, restricting flying zone and Garrosh" <----and this too.