Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sacred 3 bombs on Metacritic

There were no survivors.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sacred-3

You may want to stay away from this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell batman, what happened?

Only played the first one, but I remember it being huge and tons of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    144 people made a vote, that's what happened. I don't trust user reviews if not at least 3000 people made a vote and even then they are pretty untrustworthy, same goes for paid critics though.

I mean, people like this person give a vote:
    Thanks for had ruined this game... Congratulation for the fail. No loot? No customization? Where you had your head? Great work, Keen Games, great work..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

Only played the first one, but I remember it being huge and tons of fun.
    Sacred 3 has nothing to do with the Sacred franchise other than the name. S3 also has no open world like 1 and 2 and no items dropping - it's more actiony like God Of War except with crappy animations and far from being that impressive. People are mostly pissed about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you play a supposedly open hack n slash RPG with no loot and no customization?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Reviews on steam are also "great". Shame that this game went that way, but alas, sometimes we need a grim reminder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people are pissed because it uses the name of Sacred... as a standalone game it's decent(although really bad voice acting and cheesy dialogue) but I have decent fun blasting through the maps in Co-Op... wouldn't pay more than 2$ for it though... would work well on android/ios...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it wouldn't be bad for like $20 or so, but yeah most of the annoyance seems to be that the game really isn't what fans of Sacred were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    144 people made a vote, that's what happened. I don't trust user reviews if not at least 3000 people made a vote and even then they are pretty untrustworthy, same goes for paid critics though.
    I mean, people like this person give a vote:
    What's wrong with that person's possiblity to vote, may I ask?

He's got it nailed down. Sacred 3 is not worth even 5 bucks of money for what it is delivering to players. No customization, no open world, no loot, no anything. Awful keyboard+mouse controls. Awful humour. Oh, and don't forget the 3 DLCs available at the release day. /facepalm
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I just read a review. Are there really sections on the main map that are roped off as DLC?

Jesus Christ, that's right up there with the original Dragon Age having that annoying fucker in your camp pushing a DLC adventure. That was five years ago and I figured people would have learned from that glaring mistake...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't interested in the game in the first place, but I don't put any stock in metacritic numbers (especially user ones).

I have a hard time believing the game's *really* only worthy of a 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Wasn't interested in the game in the first place, but I don't put any stock in metacritic numbers (especially user ones).

I have a hard time believing the game's *really* only worthy of a 1.5
    may be not, but it earns it.. using the name plus day one dlc and its price. If this game was called "blablurb" it wouldn't get the hate. It would be just another mediocre game on the market but the sales would probably be way lower..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, they made a 3rd one?

And it doesn't have any of the features of the first two?

Well I couldn't see that failing from seven light years away.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I know there is people who hate Totalbiscuit but this video says it all.
    Like he even points out in the video. There is nothing this game dose good or better then what is already out there and the price tag is a joke. Why play this shell of a ARPG when you got a free one like PoE or cheap ones like Torchlight II or even D3.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I think most people are pissed because it uses the name of Sacred... as a standalone game it's decent(although really bad voice acting and cheesy dialogue) but I have decent fun blasting through the maps in Co-Op... wouldn't pay more than 2$ for it though... would work well on android/ios...
    No, as a standalone is still a really bad hack n'slash rpg, has little customization, no looting, the combat mechanics are beyond bad (no dualstick-aiming with mouse for attacks) as it asks you to attack when looking with WASD, one of the classes is locked behind a preorder.

As a continuation of the sacred series it's an insult to them, not because of the cheesy dialogue (because we're used to it on sacred) but how bad the game is presented.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    All the sacred games were terrible, this is no surprise.

Why are people surprised? Sacred 2 was utter shite.

Deleted
    I doubt anyone believed in Sacred 3 after Sacred 2 crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know there is people who hate Totalbiscuit but this video says it all.
    Like he even points out in the video. There is nothing this game dose good or better then what is already out there and the price tag is a joke. Why play this shell of a ARPG when you got a free one like PoE or cheap ones like Torchlight II or even D3.

it is a good review. i seen other video reviews. The game is shit. hardly worth 20 dollars