Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Time for dyes....but would they just change everything to one colour with different hues? How would (as in the the 10 man DK from just above my pose change blue / lightblue with a dye to red / orange?

Well..seing how Diablo handles dyes and transmogs, there is hope for customisation...
    Except all of those armors were designed with dyes in mind. And often times in WoW, different color schemes are "harder" to obtain, but aren't necessarily always the same color change... for example, the regular mage tier might be blue, while the heroic one is purple, while the opposite might be true for the warlock tier.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-08-03 at 10:59 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I meant LFR
    Equally rubbish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Time for dyes....but would they just change everything to one colour with different hues? How would (as in the the 10 man DK from just above my pose change blue / lightblue with a dye to red / orange?

Well..seing how Diablo handles dyes and transmogs, there is hope for customisation...
    As much as I agree, adding a color slider system for existing armor would be an arduous task, since most if not all armor sets so far in game were designed with a static texture/mesh that only render's in that file's color. Having a color slider like Diablo would mean each and every armor piece would need a file with that color type designed and ready for use, when Tier Sets barely have 2/3 armor recolors available at any time during development.

I can see it being possible if the individual armor pieces were locked into the limited color palettes that already exist for those textures, but that would be even more tedious work than just making new textures and replacing everything.

And considering how long it took Blizzard to redo race models from 2004, I highly doubt they will ever touch anything that old again.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    As much as I agree, adding a color slider system for existing armor would be an arduous task, since most if not all armor sets so far in game were designed with a static texture/mesh that only render's in that file's color. Having a color slider like Diablo would mean each and every armor piece would need a file with that color type designed and ready for use, when Tier Sets barely have 2/3 armor recolors available at any time during development.

I can see it being possible if the individual armor pieces were locked into the limited color palettes that already exist for those textures, but that would be even more tedious work than just making new textures and replacing everything.

And considering how long it took Blizzard to redo race models from 2004, I highly doubt they will ever touch anything that old again.
    Maybe just have it which a player can choose, for certain armor sets, between two different colors: one where it's the default, and the other that has not been released.

Like here:

You can either stick to the blue armor, or go for the purple-black one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd want that blue FL Pally tier on my frost DK
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    This is not a tier set but I like the purple recolor of The Elements shaman dungeon gear. There's only vest available for players but I wish they would add the complete set. Only one NPC wears this set: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52292

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really think of any armor sets, but there are dozens of weapons I'd love to see added, including:

This 1h Axe:

These two 1H swords:

These 3 bows:

These 3 2H axes:

These 2H swords, the first one the most:

AND THIS POLEARM PLEEEEEASE:

There's three more too, ones that I saw during Cataclysm datamining and in the hands of NPCs, but never available to players:

⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Yes please, that is amazing.

OT: White paladin CM set.

I can't really think of any armor sets, but there are dozens of weapons I'd love to see added, including:

*Snip*

It really pisses me off that Blizzard can make all these amazing weapons and armor colors, but never fully utilize them for the players.

The top 4 shields are amazing

The green version of Warlock t6 which Hex Lord Malacrass wears.

green t8 and t6 for warlocks

Deleted
    I would really like if the blue version of the Sunwell caster set was released. The Grand Magus boss in the Nexus wears it.

Id want them to finish the Undead Slayer T2 recolor set, especially the helm. Also a blue and gold T2 paladin one. Also since Felheart was the only classic set not to get a TBC recolor, that needs one.
    Not a recolor, but a set to match the Horsemans Helm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I would be so happy to have the Muradin version of t10. It's probably one of my favorites in the game. Also this version of t2 for pallies:
    Thats...just disgusting ugh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The purple one looks the most sinister and is one of the coolest...

Other than that, already mentioned, T10 for Death Knights in purple armor with yellow glows... I so badly wanted that when I saw the pictures of it on MMO... And overall, I'd love to see missing boots/belts to existing armors (again DK T10, blue recolor...)

Really would love these weapons to become available:

Warlock challenge mode on the right here looked pretty awesome in white:

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kinda funny how in many cases, the color(s) they left out were also the best ones. This is the kind of thing that makes me wish they would add armor dyes, or more realistically, allow us to buy statless gear pieces of the unreleased colors by using an item using the same model with one of the obtainable colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

*super snip*

HNNNNNNG. Do want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

How would you imagine Blizzard feasibly implementing the unused armor and weapons shown on this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    How would you imagine Blizzard feasibly implementing the unused armor and weapons shown on this thread?

I think it would be an amazing idea for old raids to be tuned to your current level. It would give a purpose to doing them (at max level, so the raids would be tuned to say 100 in WoD if you queue for it with a group of 10/25 or something unless they make it flex which may be more work), which is for transmog and it'd also be using all OLD content.

So blizzard has to do very little work, it's all old or maybe re-colored sets as transmog reward.

It's using mainly old content as basically new content ish. It'd be keep people busy doing things that are already in the game, it's such a good idea I hope they do eventually implement it.