Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The "laws" are very lax. You can for example put "0 grams trans fat" on a product that has .49 grams per serving because they get to round down. Same with "0 calorie" products. And because the manufacturer gets to decide what a "serving" is, they can more or less put whatever they want on the label.
    So, they can make ice cream out of oil and stabilizers, and say it's made from milk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

From eating cheap ice cream sandwiches in the past, I think the reason they don't melt is because there is a ton of air pumped into the ice cream. It doesn't melt so much as it just turns into foam from all the air being released as it warms. The foam then forms a surface tension layer between the upper and lower cookies and thus is able to maintain its shape in the summer heat for over an hour.

Deleted
    That's 80 F I assume, It definitely would of melted at 80 C. Surely ice cream that doesn't melt is a good to thing? I can eat it lying down without getting it drip on my naked chest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    ...That it can't be healthy if ICE cream isn't melting.
    Kinda disturbing honestly, glad I don't get walmart ice cream lol
    Ice cream isn't healthy in any form it is currently made by.

Quote Originally Posted by Morendo View Post
    I was so pissed when my favorite brand of ice cream, Breyers/Dreyers/Edy's switched most of their ice cream to frozen dairy dessert. They claim most people can't tell the difference, but I sure can.
    Preach it. Breyers used to be my favorite as well, god they ruined that shit. As if you can't tell the difference, it's practically disgusting now (Ok, not completely, I would still eat it in a pinch, but it's no longer my go to)

With that said, despite their icecream sandwhiches, the Walmart brand icecream itself is actually pretty good, easily the best in that price range, and better taste, texture and quality than Breyers/Dreyers/Edys, basically anything short of Ben and Js and HaaganDs. of course this information is all 2 years old, I hope they haven't nerfed their icecream in the last 2 years. Also, I think, last I recall Breyers still made decent vanilla icecream, if you got the I believe it is "natural vanilla" flavor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

If you don't "like" the fact that it doesn't melt as easily and acts more like whipped cream/fat or that it's vegetable, that's your decision to make.
    I don't like it because it doesn't taste as good. That's my opinion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Please, tell me how plants are now chemicals? My god people, this is the reason these storys gain so much attention! People sit there and go "it has this and this!" yet they don't even know their natural ingredients!
    Plants are made of chemicals, you are made of chemicals. The real question is why are their so many people afraid of chemicals?

Guess what, THE WATER YOU ARE DRINKING, CHEMICALS!! OMG HELP EVERYONE RUN! Rush this information to the presses.

Also discovered, every person who has ever drank water has DIED!!!!!!! The CHEMICALS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Plants are made of chemicals, you are made of chemicals. The real question is why are their so many people afraid of chemicals?

Guess what, THE WATER YOU ARE DRINKING, CHEMICALS!! OMG HELP EVERYONE RUN! Rush this information to the presses.

Also discovered, every person who has ever drank water has DIED!!!!!!! The CHEMICALS!!
    Reminds me of my favorite:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Ice cream isn't healthy in any form it is currently made by.
    If I had a nickle for every time someone pointed that out...

I didn't say ice cream is healthy :l

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    exactly. and a sammich is further insulated by the "cookie" crust.
    i doubt the insolation properties of cookie are of any matter here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So, they can make ice cream out of oil and stabilizers, and say it's made from milk?
    well they still call it ice cream ... so unless there´s a method for making cream out of something not milk then yes, apparently they can
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    The term "ice cream" should only be used when talking about actual, real cream-based ice cream. Thick, extremely unhealthy proper ice cream. Here in Finland, if it doesn't say "kermajäätelö" on the box, then you're not buying ice cream.

That looks about right.

It's America. Everything you get unless you pay 3x what you should be paying is processed and going to contain a plethora of chemicals and other things you shouldn't be putting into your body. Is anyone really that surprised by this? My family's paranoid of using margarine because they saw a video of it not changing color or aging after a few years, and, I shit you not, we've been using butter since then, DESPITE USING MARGARINE FOR 15+ YEARS.

Bottom line is, you're either going to be super poor by spending 3x on food/ingredients, or you're going to get a lot of processed shit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

You couldn't tell it was shitty quality icecream from eating it?

80 degrees F is 26 celsius? I'd like to see how it does on an actually warm day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Great, lets feed the kids something with high oil levels.
    Vegetable oil is in pretty much everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's America. Everything you get unless you pay 3x what you should be paying is processed and going to contain a plethora of chemicals and other things you shouldn't be putting into your body. Is anyone really that surprised by this? My family's paranoid of using margarine because they saw a video of it not changing color or aging after a few years, and, I shit you not, we've been using butter since then, DESPITE USING MARGARINE FOR 15+ YEARS.
    Butter is 50% saturated fat, raises your cholesterol levels. Margarine is 20% ish. Though technically you need to check it doesn't contain transfats.

Butter contains milk solids or whatever they're called, that's why it goes off. Margarine is mostly vegetable oil, there's nothing in it that can perish. Although if it's in the fridge for a really long time it can pick up smells or otherwise degrade in quality. It's basically a non-perishable food though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    http://www.dhmo.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Butter is 50% saturated fat, raises your cholesterol levels. Margarine is 20% ish. Though technically you need to check it doesn't contain transfats.

Butter contains milk solids or whatever they're called, that's why it goes off. Margarine is mostly vegetable oil, there's nothing in it that can perish. Although if it's in the fridge for a really long time it can pick up smells or otherwise degrade in quality. It's basically a non-perishable food though.
    Margarine contains hydrogenated fats (which are just as bad for you (sometimes worse for you) than saturated fats) - that's how it is a solid at room temperature instead of an oil. It also tastes "wrong", and if you spread it on toast all that happens is the toast goes soggy due to the water content.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It also tastes "wrong", and if you spread it on toast all that happens is the toast goes soggy due to the water content.
    I grew up on margarine, so it was butter that tasted "wrong" to me when I started eating that instead. Or...at least bland.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I grew up on margarine, so it was butter that tasted "wrong" to me when I started eating that instead. Or...at least bland.
    To me, butter tastes better. Margarine tastes of bugger all, it makes your toast soggy and if you run out of it you can't stick a box of cream in a blender for 10 seconds and make some more.

Each to their own, I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of processed food to begin with and this sort of thing simply encourages me to invest in healthier options. That I end up feeling a lot better and healthier for it is a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    well they still call it ice cream ... so unless there´s a method for making cream out of something not milk then yes, apparently they can
    Actually, it's called frozen dairy desert.

Ice cream has a FDA standard, and if you think these places aren't being inspected and the manufacturer is lying about the ingredients on their labels, call the FDA and stop being a pointless mouth piece on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Actually, it's called frozen dairy desert.

Ice cream has a FDA standard, and if you think these places aren't being inspected and the manufacturer is lying about the ingredients on their labels, call the FDA and stop being a pointless mouth piece on the internet.
    your own link

no idea how much milk and cream actually is in these things
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    your own link

no idea how much milk and cream actually is in these things
    Probably just enough to not get sued for false advertising.