I Welcome No Flying.

If it were up to me, I'd have no flying everywhere but Northrend, Pandaria, and Outland. I believe that no flying makes this game an MMORPG again. I mean, its kind of like a bitter medicine for players: It's good for them, but they don't like it.

With flying questing is tedious, boring, has no immersion, and getting places is a chore. "Just auto run for 10 minutes in this direction and arrive at your destination." It seems so streamlined. Artwork? Nope, not here. Player interaction? Non-existent.

See, without flying, players actually have a chance of meeting each other. Without the Z axis being the entire sky with flying, players will run into each other since they are roughly on the same elevation.

Many people wonder why WoW feels so small and barren with 7 million players. I used to play on Bleeding Hollow when I quit (about a month ago), which is a heavily populated server and yet it still feels like there are barely any players. I'll look up Orgrimmar or any Pandaria area and see that there are 50+ players almost all the time, yet I run across maybe 2 or 3 after being there all day.

The questing is boring because most quests have you infiltrate bases, think smartly about how you approach enemies and make forts and defenses suited for one running in. But what is the point? You can just fly over all of it, land, and get what you need and fucking leave. There is nothing else going on in that entire quest! If it's going to be that way, why even bother make a fort with enemies in groups that you have to carefully pull? Why not just place the target on an open field, people are going to fly, kill him, and think nothing of it later anyway.

What about traveling? Yes, many players would tab out and auto-run their ground mounts, but at least we get a chance to make the zone feel alive.

Now you will see more players, more chances to group up and make friends, more social interaction, maybe even more PvP, and you'll actually be IN the zone! Feeling how large a zone is and making the game come alive.

The only counter-argument I can think of is "Well, things will take longer and questing will actually require my attention instead of facerolling through all the content until end game". Does that sound right to all of you? Does only the end-game of a game as actually being the point where the game "begins" sound right to all of you?

It does not to me, at least. I want to enjoy the challenge, the critical thinking, the traveling, the social interactions, as it was before.

Look, flying is great, but it just devalues many aspects that were originally intended for the game. We've been spoiled rotten with simplicity and an "I want it now" attitude. It has lost the immersion of what this game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of flying threads in our Warlords forum to discuss the flying changes in.

Closing.