View Poll Results: If your unborn child was diagnosed with autism early on,would you go for an abortion?

Voters
125. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I would vouch for an abortion

82 65.60%
  • No, I consider abortion to be the wrong choice in this case

43 34.40%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

If your unborn child was diagnosed with autism early on,would you go for an abortion?

I am curious what stance people on these boards hold regarding this issue. Let's you are to make the decision alone without having to consider the opionion of your SO.

I will never have children, but in that situation I'd try to recommend it.

Deleted
    For autism?

Depends on the spectrum, which is often difficult to gauge early on.

I have a brother with autism and he's pretty well adjusted bar fits of anger and shyness i got to meet the kids who he studied with, and they'll need lifelong care until they or their carer dies.

Unlike my brother.

Autism is no black-white issue. the severity depends. I was born autistic, but I'm not anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am slightly so myself, I probably would abort because you cant really tell the severity early on and I know i wouldnt be able to handle anything more than what I suffer from.

I consider abortion wrong, period. Where is my poll option?

Deleted
    I will ask her mother to stop eating milk product and gluten.... should be fine after.

Infracted: No conspiracy theories please
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-08-03 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I consider abortion wrong, period. Where is my poll option?
    At what stage? before 20 or 24 weeks, there is NO real nervous system. Unlikely to be any consciousness. Terminating something without consciousness is unethical?

If you are willing to abort a child over a possible health issue then you shouldn't have children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Autism is no black-white issue. the severity depends. I was born autistic, but I'm not anymore.
    I'm curious, medical opinion dictates the fact that autism is incurable and unable to be "Grown" out of.

Were you perchance born with high functioning autism?

At least, that's what the NHS and individuals in the medical world say in the U.K; In the U.S misdiagnoses seems more common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I don't even want healthy, normal kids, yes, in a heaetbeat I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

There is no way passing on my genes would benefit humanity in any kind of way.

But if that ever happened, I would abort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'm curious, medical opinion dictates the fact that autism is incurable and unable to be "Grown" out of.

Were you perchance born with high functioning autism?

At least, that's what the NHS and individuals in the medical world say in the U.K; In the U.S misdiagnoses seems more common.
    well by grown out of I mean you cant tell the difference between me and a "normal" person. And yes, high functioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop eating milk product and gluten
    Yeah right. Pregnant women need food.. And gluten/milk are almost everywhere these days.

Except for those ''gluten-free'' overpriced food they have at the supermarket and who taste like sh.. No good !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    Yeah right. Pregnant women need food.. And gluten/milk are almost everywhere these days.

Except for those ''gluten-free'' overpriced food they have at the supermarket and who taste like sh.. No good !
    I thought gluten free only was benefitial to those with a certian disease anyway? Normal people its pointless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    There is no way passing on my genes would benefit humanity in any kind of way.

But if that ever happened, I would abort it.
    thishere10ch

Just saying "Autism" is very vague as the range of severity greatly differs. I am on the autism spectrum myself with Aspergers Syndrome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post

You know...you could cook your own food to the flavor you like that meets the health specifications you want.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Deleted
    Depending how badly and how far in, it could be a yes or no. I'd want to make my child happy and some forms of autism simply prevent a person from being happy all together.

Irrelevent question. You can't tell if someone has autism while they're in the womb and quite often you can't even tell when talking to them with a friggin MRI scan going. The level of false-positive is higher than self-diagnosed OCD sufferers.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.