Thread: BSOD message

Deleted

BSOD message

Hey MMO-C! I've been getting this BSOD screen for the 4th time in a week. I'm not good with computers. Does someone here know what is causing this BSOD?

http://imgur.com/cxKoXSG

Thank you for your help

This error may be related to your ram memory. Have you tried testing out all the sticks with something like Memtest? Another thing you may wanna do ( just to be sure ) is have windows check your files. You can do so be pressing the Window+R button at the same time, fill in "cmd" and enter "sfc /scannow" in the command window. One other thing that may be of interest, are you using a single or dual channel setup on your memory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    This error may be related to your ram memory. Have you tried testing out all the sticks with something like Memtest? Another thing you may wanna do ( just to be sure ) is have windows check your files. You can do so be pressing the Window+R button at the same time, fill in "cmd" and enter "sfc /scannow" in the command window. One other thing that may be of interest, are you using a single or dual channel setup on your memory?

I don't really know what single or dual channel setup is. I guess I'm just using the standard one? I'll run these tests tomorrow. Time for bed now!

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I don't really know what single or dual channel setup is. I guess I'm just using the standard one? I'll run these tests tomorrow. Time for bed now!
    Single or Dual Channel means that you're using I.E. 1 stick of memory, or 2 ( or more ). You can easily find it out by looking into your case, and see how many sticks you've got installed onto the motherboard. If you can see, also tell us if the slots in which you inserted the sticks are coloured, or if they all have the same colour.

Here you can see that the slots are coloured ( yellow and white ), because they are there to indicate the channels (The 2 white slots are channel 1, the 2 yellow slots are channel 2). If you are using 2 sticks of ram, they should both be in the same channel, or it'll cause issues ( like file corrupting and the likes ).

Blue screens can be from over heating: blow out your rig; check the fans; check the heat of the cpu and graphics card; reseat your memory sticks and run memtest; and reseat your graphics card.

googling this comes up with a few posts about driver issues; you could unistall and reinstall drivers and get the most current up to date drivers from your computers manufacture site. the network cards primarily is what it looked like.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Install this, run it and post the screenshot here. It will tell you exactly what driver/hardware causes the BSOD, and we can take it from there