Poll: What is your take on this?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up (Possible Tiny step in the Right Direction) GOP Bill Legalize Medical Weed!

There is some good news, Perry introduced a bill which would legalize cannabis with less than 0.3% THC on the federal level. This is wonderful news, we are a tiny step forward to possibly getting prohibition on weed lifted all together.

Published on Aug 2, 2014
    "A month after Florida legalized a low-THC strain of cannabis for medical use, Pennsylvania Republican Rep. Scott Perry is hoping Congress will vote to do the same on a federal level.

The Charlotte's Web Medical Hemp Act of 2014, which Perry (next to John Boehner above) introduced as an amendment to the 1970 Controlled Substances Act on Monday, would legalize medical use of cannabis with less than .3 percent THC across the country. The legislation is named after Charlotte's Web, a popular strain of low-THC bud that's used to treat seizures without getting the patient high.

Said Perry of the bill:

We live in America, and if there's something that would make my child better, and they can't get it because of the government, that's not right.” *

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    There is some good news, Perry introduced a bill which would legalize cannabis with less than 0.3% THC on the federal level.
    I'm no expert, but I believe decent weed has a thc content of 18-20% with top shelf being as much as 30% thc content. If that is true I wonder if its even possible to grow weed so shitty its not even .3% THC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, tired of hearing about weed politics. If people want to smoke it, let them. I know I never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    I'm no expert, but I believe decent weed has a thc content of 18-20% with top shelf being as much as 30% thc content. If that is true I wonder if its even possible to grow weed so shitty its not even .3% THC.
    Its possible considering its obviously been tested. COnsidering this bill only considers weed with specific medical purposes, I dont see how growing non shitty weed for getting high is relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    low-THC, High-CBC strains are used to treat some types of seizure disorders that don't respond well to other medication.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I believe they are setting this level so low because they have some strange phobia about people getting high on their own terms. Better than not legalizing at all i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait . . . the GOP is introducing a weed bill? THE FUCKING GOP?

IS THE SKY GREEN? IS WATER DRY? THE FUCK IS THIS?
    Putin khuliyo

For medicinal purposes, I see no problem with it. Not to be used outdoors/indoors (public place)

For personal use, as long as it is not in public, fine w.e, go forth and kill your brain cells. Just don't want it to become another alcohol/cigarette fad. Should still be illegal for kids, just as other things are...Just making it expensive should keep it out of reach from most kids. For grown ups, can't be caught carrying over x amount and must have proof of purchase while carrying (depending on quantity, receipt can't be more than x days old).

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    For medicinal purposes, I see no problem with it. Not to be used outdoors/indoors (public place)

For personal use, as long as it is not in public, fine w.e, go forth and kill your brain cells. Just don't want it to become another alcohol/cigarette fad. Should still be illegal for kids, just as other things are...Just making it expensive should keep it out of reach from most kids. For grown ups, can't be caught carrying over x amount and must have proof of purchase while carrying (depending on quantity, receipt can't be more than x days old).
    There is NO EVIDENCE that marijuana kills braincells,

July 1, 2003 -- Long-term and even daily marijuana use doesn't appear to cause permanent brain damage, adding to evidence that it can be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of diseases, say researchers.

The researchers found only a "very small" impairment in memory and learning among long-term marijuana users. Otherwise, scores on thinking tests were similar to those who don't smoke marijuana, according to a new analysis of 15 previous studies.
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...t-damage-brain

Long term effects of weed on the brain only exists on children as it slows brain development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Wait wait wait . . . the GOP is introducing a weed bill? THE FUCKING GOP?

IS THE SKY GREEN? IS WATER DRY? THE FUCK IS THIS?
    This is the coming of the second rapture, the last rapture happened around the Nixon years.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    low-THC, High-CBC strains are used to treat some types of seizure disorders that don't respond well to other medication.
    At the same time it has earned this BS reputation as a magical cure-all though. I know somebody who was prescribed low-THC medical marijuana for a while and his condition improved briefly but the marijuana caused unpleasant side effects to which his medical condition was preferable. Like any drug everybody reacts to it a little bit differently.

Should it be legal? Yes.

Are a lot of people going to be sorely disappointed when it turns out legalizing marijuana doesn't cure cancer and bring about world peace? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    At the same time it has earned this BS reputation as a magical cure-all though. I know somebody who was prescribed low-THC medical marijuana for a while and his condition improved briefly but the marijuana caused unpleasant side effects to which his medical condition was preferable. Like any drug everybody reacts to it a little bit differently.

Should it be legal? Yes.

Are a lot of people going to be sorely disappointed when it turns out legalizing marijuana doesn't cure cancer and bring about world peace? Yes.
    The worst thing about marijuana will exist rather it be legal or not: Adolescent stoners who base their lives around the stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    explains why they think suing Obama is a good idea

BA ZING

10+ Year Old Account

Should it be legal? Yes.

It seems to be rather effective for seizures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

There is NO EVIDENCE that marijuana kills braincells,
    It must be all those awesome stupid things people do when they are high that have me convinced that I don't need more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The worst thing about marijuana will exist rather it be legal or not: Adolescent stoners who base their lives around the stuff.
    Yeah, but at the same time since marijuana technically isn't dependence forming it's really no different than any other stupid obsession. I mean, it's not as healthy as being a furry, but it's no dumber. Although you can just take your furry costume off and pretend to not be one at any time. Marijuana stench lingers for a couple of hours, and the metabolic half-life is many many hours, meaning that the heaviest of users are stoned 24/7, and nothing is more annoying than having a deep intellectually stimulating conversation and then having a stoner come along "like dude............... 2 minutes later........ we're all just different frequencies of energy and stuff... I just watched cosmos the other night... woooooaaaaah maaaaaan the universe is like a full double rainbow of science and stuff." And they say it like they are revealing some big scientific revelation that nobody else could have possibly come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No amount of prohibition will stop this. You only send it underground, which adds fuel to the war on drugs. Prohibition has been a failure in the 1920s, its a failure on marijuana now. And we all know why gangs are bad, especially the cartels.

"In the lead-up to the referenda in Mexico and Colorado, the Mexican Competitiveness Institute released a study estimating that Mexico’s cartels would lose $1.425 billion if the initiative passed in Colorado and $1.372 billion if Washington voted to legalize. The organization also predicted that drug trafficking revenues would fall 20 to 30 percent, and the Sinaloa cartel, which would be the most affected, would lose up to 50 percent. "

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-ana...-profits-by-30

- - - Updated - - -

It must be all those awesome stupid things people do when they are high that have me convinced that I don't need more evidence.
    Than we should ban the use of alcohol too, which failed utterly and only fueled gangs. Legalize marijuana, and you slow down drug money to gangs. http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analysis/study-legalization-cut-cartel-profits-by-30

10+ Year Old Account
    No amount of prohibition will stop this. You only send it underground, which adds fuel to the war on drugs. Prohibition has been a failure in the 1920s, its a failure on marijuana now. And we all know why gangs are bad, especially the cartels.

"In the lead-up to the referenda in Mexico and Colorado, the Mexican Competitiveness Institute released a study estimating that Mexico’s cartels would lose $1.425 billion if the initiative passed in Colorado and $1.372 billion if Washington voted to legalize. The organization also predicted that drug trafficking revenues would fall 20 to 30 percent, and the Sinaloa cartel, which would be the most affected, would lose up to 50 percent. "

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-ana...-profits-by-30

- - - Updated - - -

Than we should ban the use of alcohol too, which failed utterly and only fueled gangs. Legalize marijuana, and you slow down drug money to gangs. http://www.insightcrime.org/news-ana...-profits-by-30
    Kids will be kids, I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but at the same time since marijuana technically isn't dependence forming it's really no different than any other stupid obsession. I mean, it's not as healthy as being a furry, but it's no dumber. Although you can just take your furry costume off and pretend to not be one at any time. Marijuana stench lingers for a couple of hours, and the metabolic half-life is many many hours, meaning that the heaviest of users are stoned 24/7, and nothing is more annoying than having a deep intellectually stimulating conversation and then having a stoner come along "like dude............... 2 minutes later........ we're all just different frequencies of energy and stuff... I just watched cosmos the other night... woooooaaaaah maaaaaan the universe is like a full double rainbow of science and stuff." And they say it like they are revealing some big scientific revelation that nobody else could have possibly come up with.
    Seems to me theres only three types of stoners that exist in a world of infinitely different personality traits: The chill, relaxed, collected one that is fun to be around, the Shaggy n' Scoobs hippy-esque one, and the loud mouthed, idiotic, intolerable chain-smokes-listening-to-Wiz-Khalifa-every-Facebook-status-bragging-about-being-high type.

The first two are cool characters with stories to tell, the 3rd one is the weed equivalent to a vegan or feminazi.

It does not kill your brain cell but it will impair your short term memory at first. And because the body doesn't reject the THC, after a long and constant use of marijuana you will start forgetting things on a daily basis (actually you will never store that information), this will cause most people to think that it kills your brain cells.
    The long term use effects I have seen in one of my friends that used to smoke daily 2-3 joints, in three months he was pretty bad with memory, now he is back to normal after reducing the intake by a lot.

As with all things, keeping it under moderation can be a pleasure. Don't tell me that drinking alcohol daily won't show on you (especially on your liver).

Your opinion is based on anecdotal evidence. There are smart stoners and there are stupid stoners. It's just much easier to pick out the stupid stoners and just so happens most people are stupid before being introduced to marijuana anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its possible considering its obviously been tested. COnsidering this bill only considers weed with specific medical purposes, I dont see how growing non shitty weed for getting high is relevant.
    I was under the impression THC was the medicinally valuable part of the plant, as I believe that's what they try to replicate in prescription drugs such as marinol.