Voters
660. This poll is closed
  • Spare life

329 49.85%
  • Kill

331 50.15%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    Violence is ok as long as it is in self defence and I am sorry but if you try to kill me and I have the chance to kill you I will. It makes me human not a murderer if I kill someone in a life of death situation its justified if the person got away from me and then I tracked him down and killed him after that it's a different thing.
    4 out of a 15 word statement indicate that it is no life or death situation, how do you manage to miss that?

Deleted
    What I'd do: Not miss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    4 out of a 15 word statement indicate that it is no life or death situation, how do you manage to miss that?
    And if there are no witnesses?
    It would be your word against a corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    What I'd do: Not miss.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you would commit vigilantism and you are not even tough enough to be legally prosecuted for your actions?

A crime is a crime, even when nobody notices it or you are not sentenced for it.

considering how hot topic crime and punishment topics are, if the Mods decide to make an entirely new "off topic" "Crime and justice" that section would probably get more views than anything else...

So, you would commit vigilantism and you are not even tough enough to be legally prosecuted for your actions?
    You're confusing "toughness" with stupidity.

Maby tomorrow he manage to kill another guy, how would you feel if you knew you could have stopped it?

Also when dogs attack people they get put down.. Seems like a nice rule to apply for humans aswell

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You're confusing "toughness" with stupidity.
    No, I just think you are a coward if you don't want to be responsible for your actions after being a self-righteous dick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Surely the threat of punishment isn't the ONLY thing preventing you from committing murder?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Maby tomorrow he manage to kill another guy, how would you feel if you knew you could have stopped it?

Also when dogs attack people they get put down.. Seems like a nice rule to apply for humans aswell
    Great, next thing is castration for couples with too many kids.

I can try to stop it by calling the police, I'm not freaking batman taking justice in my own hands.
    Last edited by Cyberowl; 2014-08-04 at 07:05 PM.

No, I just think you are a coward if you don't want to be responsible for your actions after being a self-righteous dick.
    Those actions should not be illegal, so doing the smart thing and avoiding unjust prosecution is the correct and moral course of action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, next thing is castration for couples with too many kids.
    I wouldn't necessarily be against this. You see people with several thousand children who've never worked a day and just collect benefits, and don't instil a good work ethic in their children so they don't do great either. Voluntary of course, never forced. This has been somewhat fixed through benefit changes though. Some of them would actually say yes because they're too stupid to have thought of it themselves. Infact I think they may already do it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Those actions should not be illegal, so doing the smart thing and avoiding unjust prosecution is the correct and moral course of action.
    Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me, is that your opinion does not match with the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily be against this. You see people with several thousand children who've never worked a day and just collect benefits, and don't instil a good work ethic in their children so they don't do great either. Voluntary of course, never forced. This has been somewhat fixed through benefit changes though. Some of them would actually say yes because they're too stupid to have thought of it themselves. Infact I think they may already do it.
    You can always test the families and take the children away. Anyway, that wasn't my point, I am just saying that humans and animals are not equal and neither is their treatment, you don't shot an old man behind the barn because he lost all his teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people when put into such a situation would more than likely spare the person's life. It's easy to claim that you have the guts to kill someone, but once you stand there more often than not you will not be able to do it. People can be violent, sure, but killing someone isn't some laughing matter and a regular person isn't prone to killing other people. You require a certain type of mindset and I doubt we have a huge population of psycho killers or trained special task forces on MMO-Champion.

Considering this, I don't believe that 50% of the people who voted here would actually kill the person. To be very frank, most of them wouldn't be able to do it. I certainly wouldn't.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-08-04 at 07:27 PM.

I'll admit that I'm a little cocky and arrogant so if I was able to prevent it the first time I would think that I could do it again so I would probably spare them. Also I'm kinda vengeful and they aren't going to suffer if I kill them, I'd much rather know they are in prison possibly being raped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not kill them, but I may incapacitate them depending on the situation. If I feel that the moment I turn my back I would be in danger again, I feel it justified to disarm/knock him out somehow. I'm not looking for vengeance or violence, just defense. Calling the cops is all fine and dandy, but a lot can happen in the time between the phone call and when they arrive and I don't feel like dying.

The answer is simple... WWBD

What would Batman do?

Batman does not kill, he sees that justice is done, and apprehends the villain for the law. I would do likewise.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread started out fairly questionable and has taken a rather decisive dark turn. Going to go ahead and shut this down before it gets out of hand.

Closed.