Poll: Is WoW important to you these days?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW10: How important is WoW to you these days?

What ho,

With WoW's 10-year anniversary fast approaching, I would be interested to find out how important the game is nowadays to its player-base.

Pick a poll option, but feel free to provide a more in-depth answer as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still the cheapest of my favorite hobbies, it has been part of my time for so long, and I am not regretting it. Regretting being unable to have other hobbies on te side but none of my other choices are cheap.

Of course, there has been the dead moments but there is always a little something, atleast for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the amount of time I spend discussing and reading about it, i'd say that it still is a part of my daily life.
    Even if i am not playing much right now, because content drought.

Looking forward to WoD though.

Voted 3.

The game is no way worth a full time subscription for me anymore. I still find myself around forums that talk about WoW, such as this one and play sometimes when a new patch hits. But overall the game has lost it's charm to me,it really is not the epic experience it used to be but can still provide some fun.

Ok enough to still be on my radar, not good enough to invest a lot of time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Still the cheapest of my favorite hobbies, it has been part of my time for so long, and I am not regretting it. Regretting being unable to have other hobbies on te side but none of my other choices are cheap.

Of course, there has been the dead moments but there is always a little something, atleast for me.
    Same here, I just don't have anything better to spend my time (and money) on right now. I wouldn't die if they announced its end (yeah, right), but I would have a hard time finding an alternative.

I am heavily invested in WoW.

It is far more safe than US social security.

Deleted
    Probably between 2 and 3. WoW is just another game, and I'm not subscribed 24/7, I played whenever I feel like and the moment it gets boring I just stop play.

Deleted
    Between 4 and 5 I guess.
    I'm constantly subbed with 2 accounts and play for many hours every single day - but to some extent this is also because I have nothing else/better to do.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-08-03 at 12:17 PM.

I went with option 4, although just six months ago, I would have chosen option 1; WoD has really piqued my interest.

WoW has nowhere near the pull on my life that it had during the TBC/Wrath era. I really, really want that game back in my life, but I recognize that WoW is not the same game as it used to be, and that there will more than likely never be another game like it. (Thanks for nothing, SWTOR! )

However, I'm actually very much looking forward to WoD, and I hope that it has the capacity to pull me back in, if even just a little bit. Besides, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life at the moment. WoW has been my adult babysitter for the past several years.

It is just a video game to me and they are never important. I jump in when a new expansion hit and bale out when the drought begins. Between 2 and 3 for me i guess.

Deleted
    I'm not playing right now but I try to stay up to date with the news.

I'm looking forward to playing WoD though

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the last option..

Anyone that checks that option is plainly delusional, if wow wasnt important, they wouldnt be here reading about it.

OT, I have been playing 9 years, Im 47 years old and while I dont play like I use to, its the cheapest form of entertainment there is.

And after all these years, I still love playing as a Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I like the last option..

Anyone that checks that option is plainly delusional, if wow wasnt important, they wouldnt be here reading about it.

OT, I have been playing 9 years, Im 47 years old and while I dont play like I use to, its the cheapest form of entertainment there is.

I felt it was needed for a fair and balanced poll.

My own interest in the game has actually jumped between 1-5 several times in the past decade, but I've mostly still remained active within the community throughout.

Voted 3.

I wasn't subscribed from January - May then I played 1-3 hours a day but I didn't play everyday. And now I'm unsubscribed again until atleast mid September.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I like the last option..

Disagree. WoW as a game is very unimportant to me. That said, WoW as an entertainment IP holds remarkable sway over the MMO market and even the gaming market in general, so I follow it and am interested in Blzzard's design decisions and their commercial success.

So yes, I'm only interested in WoW so far, as it affects a hobby that is reasonably important to me.

In the long run, WOW is the only video game worth playing. The rest of the bunch is very very boring after X weeks.

Before 2005, video games had an attention span of around 3 days to a month. While some board games I can still play after 40 years.

WOW changed that and frankly while there we some video games that were "interesting" for a while, nothing comes close to the fulfilment you get by long term play in Azeroth.

I had high hopes for Destiny as a semi MMO, but it's just an advanced shooter for 16 year olds...., so I don't see anything in the near future that can hold a candle against this long term significance of WoW.

Diablo 3 on launch came really close - due to the in game trading and extreme hard difficulty duing its frst 3 months. Now D3 ROS is just another video game I find an extreme waste of time due to no trading and "slider" difficulty/

I KNOW Farmville2 and Hearthstone are just meaningless time fillers on my iPad. But all the rest is garbish too for long term play, so at least these games don't pretend much more than time wasters.

Blizzard created WOW and people realised it was something special.

I doubt there will be any other video games that will surpass the "time played" for me.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-03 at 01:41 PM.

The game is important to me, but I don't currently play.

The thing is, I WANT the game to get better. I WANT there to be a good reason for me to come back. But I'm still waiting.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    Took 2 - Unimportant. WoW is just another game to me right now, but I stay up to speed with information.

I did hardcore raiding from vanilla toward WorlK.
    I then took pretty mutch a break and got back from time to time in Cata
    I then came back in MoP as a LFR raider and doing bits of PvP
    I guess i will now again play abit of WoD from time to time but my interest has shifted more toward games like Battlefield4 and soon Destiny. Because they are less progress forcused and dont put me far back when i dont play for a patch behind other players because my gear is now xx Ilvl's behind. This is actually the main reason why i quit PvP in total in MoP (after patch 5.2) because i dont have the time to just run battlegrounds for 40 hours just getting slain by conquest ppl. I was looking because of this very toward Trail of the Gladiator feature what sold me the game (pre-order) my hype for WoD got from a 9 out of 10 now toward a 6-7 i guess.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2014-08-03 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Took 3. Its just a shadow of former self these days, I dont even care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I guess i will now again play abit of WoD from time to time but my interest has shifted more toward games like Battlefield4 and soon Destiny. Because they are less progress forcused and dont put me far back when i dont play for a patch behind other players because my gear is now xx Ilvl's behind. This is actually the main reason why i quit PvP in total in MoP (after patch 5.2) because i dont have the time to just run battlegrounds for 40 hours just getting slain by conquest ppl.
    This is exactly why I quit too, but from a PvE perspective.

Was gone for a while mid way into the expansion and then still had some busy irl shit going on so I fell WAY behind on the legendary quests...

Needless to say, when SoO came, everyone and their godamn alt had the stupid cloak but me. Normally I wouldn't give a damn but when I went from one of the top DPS in my raid group to almost the lowest just because I didn't have the cloak doing all the extra damage (I'm a spell caster), I got fed up and just quit.

Now, before people come in saying "hurr durr you could have just kept grinding the quest" at this point in time, I did not even have the sha crystal yet and I was still preoccupied with irl things (college and trying to get a job.)
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...