Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Exclamation Lead Quest Designer Confirms No Daily Quest Hubs via Twitter

https://twitter.com/craig_amai/statu...52607952318464

"Are we going to get any Daily quest hubs/reps at all in #Warlords? @craig_amai @WatcherDev @CM_Lore"

@Scott_Bowdery @WatcherDev @CM_Lore Reputations, yes. Daily hubs, no. Reputations will be built in more open-ended end-game areas.

This is interesting, it sounds like Timeless Isle was the guinea pig for their conceptual redesign of the WoW endgame redesign in every sense. I hated Timeless Isle. Still, I'll give it a shot before I bitch about it too much.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    I hated all the dailies. So I'm happy about this.

gw2 is where blizz got the timeless isle idea. it worked fine in that game and if the end game of gw2 was more like wow (and gy zerging didn't exist) wow would have had some stiff competition.

we first got looms in what, 4.0? that's when blizz did something about having to repeat quests over and over. then they give us daily-centric non-raid endgames for 4 more years?

they should have known better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care either way, as long as they don't go overboard with it.
    daily hubs are fine, but going overboard is what the problem was in MoP.

They can have daily hubs in WoD, just keep it with 1 max 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Nice, step in the right direction. Use those resources to make more dungeons BUT NOT SCENARIOS!

Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    Thoughts?
    If it is anything like Emperor Shaohao rep they can fuck right off.

I saw a tweet from one of the devs stating that there would be weekly lore quests a lot more this time around (like 5.1). 5.1 I thought did storyline the best all expansion. The new lore quests every few days felt like I was following a genuine story. I already have fond memories of being sent off to each lore quest, listening to the 5.1 landfall in game music and listening to what the hozen on the kite had to say when he was flying you across pandaria.

One thing from what I've seen so far from wods 100 endgame is it seems kinda haphazard, spontaneous, and full of story. I like that. It brings me into the game more.

Depends on how they do it really. I don't mind dailies in moderation. Going too far the other way can be bad too. Hopefully it will be a combination of rare spawns/events and occasional story quests, which is what it sounds like.

I actually enjoy daily hubs, assuming they're not structured in a way that makes them feel completely mandatory.... I'm happy they're looking to explore other options, but if the only available options are things like Timeless Isle instead of dailies like Isle of Thunder, it's going to start feeling grindy and boring very quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Open-ended end-game areas"...like Talador? So I guess we're back to "kill a million mobs for rep".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Well if WoD questing is anything like GW2, then this might be first time since TBC I'll be interested in questing.
    But I don't really see them doing something like that? Wow has always been more of a "rails" experience (well WotLK onwards anyhow) jumping to GW2 type questing would mean they're abandoing that school of thought and going with something more "open" .. finding that hard to believe
    Last edited by mmocdd602b3b80; 2014-07-28 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Nice, step in the right direction. Use those resources to make more dungeons BUT NOT SCENARIOS!
    Why not, i love scenarios, I much prefer the story based stuff and actually like 3 man content more than 5

I think daily hubs are a bad thing. It makes doing them feel like a job and less like an adventure/experience with some profit.
    Going to do some dailies, finding out the right rotation to do the dailies and and how to do them as quick as possible becomes and quickly.
    If it something I need to do for a long time and on many characters, it becomes hard to do them over and over.
    I feel when you do quests and do something fairly different each time, it feels less like job and more like you're interacting with the world.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Good! Fuck daily quests with a rake! Sideways! If you're going to give us a rep grind, give us the ability to grind it at our own pace. If somebody wants to do a little bit every day for 3 months, then great. If I want to get the same amount done by playing three huge grind sessions over a weekend, then let me! I don't want my rep grinds to be artificially gated because some other people don't enjoy a good rep grind.

Some of the best fun I've had was grinding out the original Argent Dawn rep by farming scourge tokens at the cauldrons, or Cenarion Circle by grinding out pages, or the Consortium rep in Netherstorm.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-07-28 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Well if WoD questing is anything like GW2, then this might be first time since TBC I'll be interested in questing.
    But I don't really see them doing something like that? Wow has always been more of a "rails" experience (well WotLK onwards anyhow) jumping to GW2 type questing would mean they're abandoing that school of thought and going with something more "open" .. finding that hard to believe
    For the most part questing is the same while leveling, but max level play will be more like gw2.

- - - Updated - - -

I do hope there are a few fun daily hubs. I enjoy doing my dailys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    They're definitely not going open. WoD leveling is the most 'on rails' questing I've seen in any MMO, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    https://twitter.com/craig_amai/statu...52607952318464

"Are we going to get any Daily quest hubs/reps at all in #Warlords? @craig_amai @WatcherDev @CM_Lore"

@Scott_Bowdery @WatcherDev @CM_Lore Reputations, yes. Daily hubs, no. Reputations will be built in more open-ended end-game areas.

This is interesting, it sounds like Timeless Isle was the guinea pig for their conceptual redesign of the WoW endgame redesign in every sense. I hated Timeless Isle. Still, I'll give it a shot before I bitch about it too much.

Thoughts?
    One more let-down in WoD..

When do they learn to listen to the player base, and stop removing all the fun stuff?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

When do they learn to listen to the player base, and stop removing all the fun stuff?
    Fun stuff? Like doing 5 hours of daily quests every day for 3 months like MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Every time thy have listened to the players they have turned into the worst mistakes.
    I say stop listening to players, we do not know what we want or is best for us.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Fun stuff? Like doing 5 hours of daily quests every day for 3 months like MoP?
    Dailies in v5.0 and v5.1 were the best things in MoP catastrophe expansion...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/