Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    "They are all, in some way or another, different from and hostile to, modern Western values of individual rights, tolerance, cosmopolitanism, and internationalism."

What is this shit? Cultural marxism is a threat to western values, not nationalism or conservatism.
    Both of them are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    I completely agree. There is good news though, the newest generation (1990-2000 I forget what they are called) seems to be far less ignorant then previous generations. Not to mention the voters that the party relies on is rapidly becoming the minority. So there is hope !
    Come home to the UK, we have our problems but we don't have *those* problems. We have nothing that resembles the Republican party or it's off shoots like the Tea Party. We also have marmite and don't tolerate half the shit from our kids as you do.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

So what does he stand for? "The crucial elements of Putinism are nationalism, religion, social conservatism, state capitalism, and government domination of the media...
    Hahahaha the very idea that these elements are antithetical instead of essential parts of Western liberal democracy. The only one we don't share is government domination of the media, and it's only because it would look absurd in the face of the fake US political "rivals" who switch control of the White House every now and again. Instead, we have a press corps completely subservient to powerful interests thanks to the market pressures of the cable news cycle (and the much older factor of people just desperately wanting to suck up to power to seem relevant). Basically we've moved beyond the need for state control of the media because the media does that job without needing to be policed.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Come home to the UK, we have our problems but we don't have *those* problems. We have nothing that resembles the Republican party or it's off shoots like the Tea Party.
    You're right, you have outright fascist parties instead of closeted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yeah don't you love oppression and dictatorship? What great values.
    In love with hyperboles or just living in your own little world? Gotta be these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Yet you want the mighty Russians to stuff their nose into those primitive Ukrainians business...
    Yes, cause the stuff that government does to its own citizens is retarded. I don't remember Jobbik bombing anyone.
    Last edited by Ninepenny; 2014-08-03 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Come home to the UK, we have our problems but we don't have *those* problems. We have nothing that resembles the Republican party or it's off shoots like the Tea Party. We also have marmite and don't tolerate half the shit from our kids as you do.
    We did have that time when the BNP looked to get representation in the Commons, think it was in the 2005 or 2010 election, where BBC predicted that Nick Griffin would get a seat in Bradford, IIRC.

UKIP also deserves a mention, but they're in an odd place at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...265_story.html

http://www.newser.com/story/191863/b...-putinism.html

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn....e-of-putinism/

What is your opinion on this trend? It is hard to say, but once the dust over Ukraine settles we will know what Putinism can be.
    Even though I disdain Filthy Alliance; as a PROUD HORDY, I PROUDLY subscribe to GGT (Greymane Global Trends).
    - BigUP's

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and, Putin is crazy so.. Crazy people seem to be trendy.
    - Putinism is here to stay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Hahahaha the very idea that these elements are antithetical instead of essential parts of Western liberal democracy. The only one we don't share is government domination of the media, and it's only because it would look absurd in the face of the fake US political "rivals" who switch control of the White House every now and again. Instead, we have a press corps completely subservient to powerful interests thanks to the market pressures of the cable news cycle (and the much older factor of people just desperately wanting to suck up to power to seem relevant). Basically we've moved beyond the need for state control of the media because the media does that job without needing to be policed.

Such as? If you're referring to the BNP, EDL or UKIP then be aware that the BNP has only ever won a handful of local government seats (councils), UKIP is not decidely facist...yet and the EDL haven't won a damn thing.

Deleted
    Hahahaha the very idea that these elements are antithetical instead of essential parts of Western liberal democracy.
    What?

Generally speaking Western Liberal Democracies are not wound up in social conservatism or religious intrusion into political legislation (there's crossover between the two of course). Exceptions are exceptions. Nations like Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands and most EU Nations are generally far away from those ideals.

Lol, like whom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    We did have that time when the BNP looked to get representation in the Commons, think it was in the 2005 or 2010 election, where BBC predicted that Nick Griffin would get a seat in Bradford, IIRC.

UKIP also deserves a mention, but they're in an odd place at the moment.
    Yeah it's a funny one with UKIP, I can't help but feel it was all a storm in a teacup. There was so much hype and media coverage because UKIP annoys the fuck outta so many people but then they have their fanatics a la Republicans. Then it came to the council elections and they didn't win a single thing but that was apparently still a massive success supposedly. I can't say I've heard anything from them since.

I try to ignore the BNP we don't speak of them around here, it's like that evil twin brother Bart Simpson has that they lock in the loft. I live in Havering so am pretty close to Barking and Dagenham where they did pretty well with feckin Richard Barnbrook...
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Yes, cause the stuff that government does to its own citizens is retarded. I don't remember Jobbik bombing anyone.
    That wouldn't have happened if Russia kept their noses out of Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    BNP are the only ones that could be considered this, and they don't win shit, they're actually completely broke and the party can't sustain itself.. You could maybe construe UKIP to be like that (at a stretch, a big stretch) and they still haven't won shit. The EDL don't qualify to be a political party. UKIP and the BNP are a lot of things but I'm not sure either of them come as outwardly fascist. Who are you referring to here?

Deleted
    Yeah it's a funny one with UKIP, I can't help but feel it was all a storm in a teacup. There was so much hype and media coverage because UKIP annoys the fuck outta so many people but then they have their fanatics a la Republicans. Then it came to the council elections and they didn't win a single thing but that was apparently still a massive success supposedly. I can't say I've heard anything from them since.
    They won a lot of seats, then there was the EU election which they won...

False dawn or not, that's way more successful than the BNP was at their peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    They won a lot of seats, then there was the EU election which they won...

False dawn or not, that's way more successful than the BNP was at their peak.
    Well, they still don't have control of a single council was more my point. They were heralding themselves as the saviour of the people from all the bad things and then... buggar all. They definitely did very well compared to their history and similar parties but still nothing that could be considered a success by other standards. BNP are just a disaster, they're broke now, good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    That wouldn't have happened if Russia kept their noses out of Ukraine.
    That wouldn't have happened if US kept their noises out of Ukraine. And that wouldn't have happened if countries would choice to be a puppets to US instead of trying to be sovereign. Damn bastards trying to defy been mastered! For shame! For shame!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the fact that you named this wanna-be blog post after yourself is intensely annoying.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Well, they still don't have control of a single council was more my point.
    No they don't. That's because their support is across the board generally. First past the post tends to just destroy unseated parties.

They were heralding themselves as the saviour of the people from all the bad things and then... buggar all.
    Except the seats they won, giving them input as well as winning the EU Elections.

They definitely did very well compared to their history and similar parties but still nothing that could be considered a success by other standards. BNP are just a disaster, they're broke now, good riddance.
    Your standards are obscene if you think that from their perspective their results were not a huge accomplishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuax View Post
    That wouldn't have happened if US kept their noises out of Ukraine. And that wouldn't have happened if countries would choice to be a puppets to US instead of trying to be sovereign. Damn bastards trying to defy been mastered! For shame! For shame!
    Oh yes, I'm sure a Ukraine free of US and EU influence would be completely independent of the Kremlin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your standards are obscene if you think that from their perspective their results were not a huge accomplishment.
    My standards were of winning councils and the like which is what they reckoned they could do. I won't deny that it was a huge accomplishment it absolutely was, but they still fell short of some of what was imagined they could do - which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing. Be interesting to see how it all plays out next year.

I bet a lot of democracies suffer from the same kinds of political and religious extremism/oddities as in the US. We likely hear more about America's dirty laundry because of the all-pervasive "news cycle". There are plenty of sensible Americans. It's just the loud minority who get the headlines.

As for "Putinism", realistically speaking, democracy isn't for everybody and that's okay. As long as it doesn't trigger some sort of massive conflict, there's nothing anybody apart from the people being governed under such a system can do about it. We can hate it, sure, but moral outrage rarely translates into action in international politics unless whatever's causing problems is also making enough waves to disrupt vital interests (like economic ones).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurydemus View Post
    As for "Putinism", realistically speaking, democracy isn't for everybody and that's okay. As long as it doesn't trigger some sort of massive conflict, there's nothing anybody apart from the people being governed under such a system can do about it. We can hate it, sure, but moral outrage rarely translates into action in international politics unless whatever's causing problems is also making enough waves to disrupt vital interests (like economic ones).
    Not for the ethnic, cultural and religious minorities under it. Not for the political dissidents silenced, persecuted, tortured and potentially murdered under it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, I'm sure a Ukraine free of US and EU influence would be completely independent of the Kremlin.
    It would not. And US knew Russia would not turn away. Considering how much US was recently antagonizing Russia again, it raises a question if it's an attempt to take over Ukraine or to form required public view for conflicts with Russia, like they did with many other countries, who didn't obey.

P.S. And that democracy bullshit is nothing more than another opium of the masses. It simple doesn't work in big societies. US have a great success in facade democracy by creating a society, which is roughly divided equally on any problem, so government can do whatever and have about 50% approval.
    Last edited by Kuax; 2014-08-03 at 06:49 PM.