I have a suggestion.
Let's create our own expansion. By assimilating a few lessons learned from Blizzard over the years and a little imagination I suggest We the WoW community conceive a "fantasy" expansion that speaks true to both our desire to enternain and be entertained by our favourite franchise. This x-pac will need no budget, no time limits for development, lore or gameplay restraints because it is entirely up to us as to how it will turn out.
Here are my suggestions for what the outline of our 'game' would constitute:
Each poster can either
add 5 or subtract 3 things
from the suggestions of the previous poster.
If you don't like or agree with the setting, gameplay or lore elements that the previous poster has made you can always change or delete them entirely.
If a suggestion or an idea has not be removed/changed or altered in any way whatsoever for more than 10 subsequent posts after the origal then it becomes part of our "fantasy" expansion and it is no longer viable for removal. It is, however, still open to change. After it reaches 50 posts and has not be altered or retouched then it becomes either "Set in Stone" for gameplay or "Canon" for Lore and it becomes an official feature of the expansion and it can no longer be revised.
You can also bring in some ideas that Blizzard wanted to impliment but never did such as Path of the Titans, Dance Studios etc.; borrow (with permission of course) ideas from other threads such as Mount 2.0 and expand them however you'd like or create entirely new and orignal gameplay and lore elements for "our" expansion.
Unlike Blizzard, however, we can add as many races, classes, locations, updates and patches as we like as we don't have the same constraints the devs have in the real world. If you wanted to add an high elf or a furbolg to the Alliance for example but you weren't sure which one should be considered this is the place to do it. However the race and classes added must make sense in the world of Warcraft; so if you wanted to mess around add a perpetual dancing murlock as a playable race to the game please don't as it might destroy the immersion.
You can simply copy/paste the previous post if you agree or copy/change/ if you disagree and please use different color/font for the changes you have decided to make.
Thank you and have fun.
I would also ask each poster to refrain from going off topic and if possible adhere to the established rules.
Premise: The Naga, Zandalari and Twilight's Hammer are preparing to launch an assault on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms and must be stopped.
Lore: The Zandalari have aligned themselves with the Twilight's Hammer and the Naga after being promised that their kingdom will be finally restored.
Queen Azshara is trying to resummon Sargeras and bring about the end of Azeroth by the dark Titan freeing N'Zoth.
- made canon and principal protagonist for the Alliance; Jaina's little brother
- after the reunion of brother and sister she becomes determined to rebuild Theramore and recapture Gilneas)
Prince Anduin Wrynn
- learns how not to be so simplistic and view the world in black and white; abbandons priesthood and becomes a Paladin under
- Alliance leader for the assault on Nazjatar
- possibly dies by the hand of Azshara forcing Tyrande to seek revenge and paving the way for the return of the other brother...
- shared principal protagonist for the Horde; leads the expedition to the Darkspear Isles; gives up the mantle of warchief after the death of his sister
- shared principal protagonist for the Horde; main insigator for the assault on Zandalar
- commander of the assault on Nazjatar; becomes the old Thrall and Warchieft at the end of the expansion
- new charcter; leader of the Dakrspear on the Darkspear island; dies later
The emphasis will be on diversity and choices just like in Northrend there will be multiple same level zones where you can level alts and experience a new different story.
Kul Tiras 100-103
- Under siege by the Naga (Alliance only)
Darkspear Isles 100-103
- Under siege by the Naga (Horde only)
Broken Isles 103-105
- The location of the mysterious Tomb of Sargeras and Gul'dan's final resting place has become infested by naga and faceless. Also too many mur'ghouls.
Plunder Isle 103-105
- The Stronghold of all pirate activity on Azeroth its time to take the fight to them
- a medium island specifically designed for PvP warfare located next to Plunder Isle and main stage area for the conflict between Horde and Alliance. Redesigned vehicle combat. All new class abilities added to tanks, buggies, hot air baloons and even a submarine. Get ready for the ultimate playground, pirate treasures, hidden epic loot in caverns or dead sceletons abound just make sure you have someone to watch your back because everyone is after them!
- an island shrouded in mystery. A place where the Prophet Zul and the naga priestesses can experiment on the captured Alliance and Horde prisoners undisterbed. Until now. It's up to you to go there and annihilate everything that moves and rescue your companions.
- After the Cataclysm the isle was repopulated by the Naga and most recently by the remnants of the Twilight's Hammer. It is up to you to retake it back. One step (cough***explosion***cough) at a time.
- a giant dome like bubble (think pre Wrath Dalaran) has been created over the zone so it would push out all of the water allowing the Horde and Alliance to attack the Naga stronghold ( This is done for more familiar/traditional gameplay to be front and center as a lot of people hated underwater content in Cataclysm even though I enjoyed it a lot). You will still see kelp, sea giants, corral and even fish but most will be swimming outside the zone.
- an island of deep jungle and spiraling pyraminds and temples the seat of power of all the Zandalaru
Big neutral city: Upper Undermine only for max lvl players
Two major faction hubs whilst leveling located in:
Kul Tiras (Alliance) (with new and unique Kul Tiras Human architecture)
Darkspear Isles (Horde) (with new and unique Troll architecture)
- only Night Elves and Blood Eves can become Demon Hunters
- they cannot wear chest, gloves or shoulders as they have been replaced by ritualistic, rune empowered tattoos
- Only Trolls and Night Elves can become Witch Doctors
- A semi range class which utlizes poison darts, dark magic, and potion grenades to destroy their enemies
- the goblins of Kezan and the ever competitive Gnomes have invented a brand new class to help them fend off all those savage and infinitely bigger creatures they must face in the tropics.
- mail armor
- technology and explosion oriented class.
- they can utiliza remote static or flying turrets as pets
- they can hack into any nearby machine and sent them out to seek and destroy enemies
- only 4 races can be now be death knights:
Shamans and Paladins
- Alliance can no longer be Shamans
- Horde can no longer be Paladins.
We're going back to exclusivity mode i.e. the choices you make of which race and class arocombo you pick really matter this time around.
Everyone that "suffers" from this change will be given a free faction/class/race change.
1. Player housing and Garrisons wrapped into one.
You are given your own private fort / tropicalbased on your race and class of course. island that you can customise however you want
Are you a Night Elf who wants to feel at home even though you are way out in the middle of the ocean? Or a troll warhero desperate to build a new home? This is the place for you. The architecture will be entirely dedicated to your race and completely custamizable to your class and level of achievements.
2. All new dance club - courtesy of the Goblins of Undermine with a little help from the Blood Elves.
3. No more mob tagging
4. Progression: Proving Grounds > Scenarios > Heroic Scenarios > Dungeons > Heroic Dungeons > LFR > Normal
All will be obligatory.
Zuldazar - the Fortress/ziggurat of King Rastakhan and his people
The Belly of the Undermine (reclaim the city from the faceless, naga and kill off N'Zoth)
Nazjatar - End the reign of Queen Azshara and prevent her from summoning the Burning Legion
Assault on Bloodsail Hold
- the bloodsail buccaneers have been a thorn in the Alliance and Horde side for too long and it is time to deal with them once and for all.
Tomb of Sargeras
- what happened to the artifacts; the remains of Gul'dan's body? many misteries to uncover
- underwater caverns filled with faceless ones, gilgoblins and naga
- Mak'aru is the capital of the makrura civilization who have alligned themselves with Queen Azshara
- beautiful nightelven architecture; part of the city of Nazjatar.
Unnamed Kul Tiras prison dungeon -
Unnamed Darkspear jungle dungeon -
Unnamed Zandalar troll dungeon -
New creatures: unknown
Nazjatai ( a group of Naga desperate to revert the curse and become Night Elves once again closely working with Tyrande and Malfurion)
The Zanchuli Rebels ( a small band of renegade Zandalari and Darkspear joined together)
Patch 0.1 - The Fall of the Zandalari
Patch 0.2 - The Lurker Below ( The end of N'Zoth)
Patch 0.3 - A Queen has her Reign...
P.S. I wanted to add some images but I am not allowed to do so at this point. What a pity.