Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    There is really no reason people should have more than 3-4k health. A 1000 damage crit felt really powerful once.
    Why does that number work? Cause I should totally be one-shotting people with my obliterate which usually crits for at least 4.4k at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khamael View Post
    It's just very personal, but for me it always felt strange having the amount of life with my bear a early-BC boss had. We're just still supposed to be "human" heroes after all...
    I completely disagree..... I'm an orc hero..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    There is really no reason people should have more than 3-4k health. A 1000 damage crit felt really powerful once.
    yeah there is. its called progression.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I agree the squish is very underwhelming. They could have gone much further with it and we will be needing a squish every expansion if they keep true to their word of substantially increasing power every tier because it feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Yeah it is very disappointing in my opinion as well, was hoping to TBC numbers/early wotlk numbers, this DPS is like Firelands/Dragon Soul already, no?
    That's because you don't understand the squish.. goal was to make stats from gear from 1-600 linear instead of exponential. If they didn't do that, tanks would have had 50 million health by the end of WOD.

Health was doubled baseline, so you don't ever compare your health points when you check the squish.

They even made that graph to explain it:

So you should be around Cataclysm levels (level 85) in this XPAC, exacly like the graph is showing.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-08-04 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That's because you don't understand the squish.. goal was to make stats from gear from 1-600 linear instead of exponential. If they didn't do that, tanks would have had 50 million health by the end of WOD.

Health was doubled baseline, so you don't ever compare your health points when you check the squish.

They even made that graph to explain it:

So you should be around Cataclysm levels (level 85) in this XPAC, exacly like the graph is showing.
    what they say and whats actualy a reality are two different things, the curve is simply much steeper past 90 because they didnt squish 500+ gear enough and they will have to squish again after this expansion.

also nice overinflated graph, that doesnt show shit, because there is no "presquish" WoD player power, that apparently takes almost the entire scale of the graph. Its just there to exagerate BS. just take the 90-100 segment of "presquish", why the fuck would they even HAVE such a ridiculously steep curve just for leveling, more than doubling the power? And you wonder why they cant get their stuff right...

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yeah there is. its called progression.
    It will hurt your progression more to have a squish in every expansion, instead of one mega squish getting everything back to vanilla levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    exponential scale is fine, as long as its not too steep, doubling the stats in a single tier IS pretty damn steep, because thats precisely what MoP did, we started at 50k in quest greens and ended up doubling that with every tier...
    Because MoP stood at the end of a looooooooooong line of exponential gear progression, that started in early WotLK, where the problem with multiple difficulties per raid tier first started. The hideous thing about an exponential progression system like this, once you start it, there is no way to reel it back in, the curve has to become steeper and steeper over time. At the transition mid-mid/late MoP the breaking point was reached, which explains this completely obscene inflation of numbers. (Also, the introduction of yet another difficulty level of raiding, and multiple Tiers of upgradeable Gear levels didn't help either)

The problem will be there in WoD as well, as I have previously stated, there simply is no way around an exponential progression within an expansion. Only, since the system is now reset, it will be much less steep. In non-mathematical terms: The difference between a player who freshly reached 100, and one who acquired the endgame BiS gear, will have a much lower factor than in MoP.

also there ARE actually datamined 750 ilev items, which appear to be on curve set by the available WoD items and their stat scaling, so not just randomly itemized OP items for oneshotting stuff.
    "Which appear to be on curve" based on whom, and on what numbers? The Game is still in Beta, these are items for testing purposes, and the Tuning is far from done, even if they release it in September. When there is datamining of actual items, with the numbers I will actually see in game, we can talk about that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    exponential scale is fine, as long as its not too steep, doubling the stats in a single tier IS pretty damn steep, because thats precisely what MoP did, we started at 50k in quest greens and ended up doubling that with every tier...

also there ARE actually datamined 750 ilev items, which appear to be on curve set by the available WoD items and their stat scaling, so not just randomly itemized OP items for oneshotting stuff.
    Keep in mind that a single tier now contains four difficulty levels instead of just one that we had for Vanilla and TBC. There has to be some noticeable progression in gear strength between LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic.