blizzard authenticator on broken iphone

Is there anyway possible to reset this, my phone has been broken awhile and I now have a droid. The phone works but the screen is completely broken. I sent in a ticket and got to the point where I needed a photo ID which I have but recently just expired, and to get my account back I would have to waste more money just to play my almost 10 year old account. Pretty dumb if you ask me especially since I would be able to play if i never signed up for that crap in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You must call blizzards tech support/help desk to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zenLight View Post
    Is there anyway possible to reset this, my phone has been broken awhile and I now have a droid. The phone works but the screen is completely broken. I sent in a ticket and got to the point where I needed a photo ID which I have but recently just expired, and to get my account back I would have to waste more money just to play my almost 10 year old account. Pretty dumb if you ask me especially since I would be able to play if i never signed up for that crap in the first place.

Tomorrow morning make a thread on the customer support forum of the main website. Chances are you'll still need to verify some information... if you called them and spoke with someone they should be able to ask you some account information questions and verify it.

Deleted
    Phone them.
    Takes 10-15 mins to sort from past experience.

thanks for input, I decided to photoshop my id so it doesnt look expired LOL!!

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it works cuz wildstar sucks ass and I want to come back for wod!

Deleted
    Pretty dumb if you ask me especially since I would be able to play if i never signed up for that crap in the first place.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...roubleshooting

Well luckily you did what they asked you and saved the recovery code (remember those big letters saying "write this code down!") when you installed the authenticator? Right?
    Because you're not dumb, right?
    So you can use that code to remove the old authenticator from your account and add your new Android authenticator.

Oh you didn't? .. Dumb Blizzard..

In that case, call the tech support, they'll sort you out.

Yea I did write it down but after a year I do misplace tiny pieces of paper. Especially since my entire life has changed.

Deleted
    Well done.. committing a felony to play WoW...

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I did write it down but after a year I do misplace tiny pieces of paper. Especially since my entire life has changed.
    Maybe save it as a file? You know.. on computer?

It worked...All im doing is reclaiming what I rightfully paid for. So save it to a computer which is liable to corruption/crashes or hackers isnt the point of the authenticatior to prevent hackers. Yea your a genius.
    Last edited by zenLight; 2014-08-06 at 06:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or *gasp* just go get your ID renewed.

Perhaps also not a good idea to admit to doing such on a public forum!
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-08-06 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    It worked...All im doing is reclaiming what I rightfully paid for. So save it to a computer which is liable to corruption/crashes or hackers isnt the point of the authenticatior to prevent hackers. Yea your a genius.
    I don't know, maybe... encrypt it and put it in dropbox? This shit ain't exactly bleeding edge tech.
    No matter reason, forging an ID and using to identify yourself is a felony in most (all?) countries. Admitting doing it in public forum..ehh.
    So maybe you should take it easy with those insults, genius.

Anyhow, you got your Wow - hope it's good. /thread
    Last edited by mmocdd602b3b80; 2014-08-06 at 07:38 PM.

Yes how dare Blizzard spend extra money in order to protect your account and then make it harder for your account to be stolen. Could you possibly be any more ungrateful?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it works cuz wildstar sucks ass and I want to come back for wod!
    So you would rather break the law than pay for a new ID?

- - - Updated - - -

It is the player's responsibility to secure his account and manage the information required to do so. This is no one's fault but your own.

Email it to yourself. Preferrably an account that you're careful with and/or a new account meant solely for storing serial numbers.

On your droid, take a screenshot of the code. usually is volume down + power button but varies by device.

maybe upload it to dropbox or email it to yourself so you have a record of it if your new phone gets lost/stolen/destroyed/wiped/etc.