Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you PvP at all you'd have understood why some of us were concerned about losing FF earlier.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You couldn't cast to move in BC. I'm sure you will live, just like all of us managed back then.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Too bad Siegecrafter is obsolete content. Try Twin Ogron, Gruul, Beastlord, Butcher. Protip: it works.
    well since its gonna be in WoD all that is obsolete so why bring any of that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    You couldn't cast to move in BC. I'm sure you will live, just like all of us managed back then.
    We had quite a few things we could cast while moving back then and encounters were...different. Your concern is touching however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    Have you been playing this game consistently since then? I feel like no because you would never think that was an acceptable thing to post if you had.

Deleted
    For most encounters in tbc, forced movement happened rare enough and in small enough doses that you could just save your occasional need to life tap for those events. You also had instant shadow bolt proccs and corruption which you wouldn't cast at all if you didn't have to move. It's just nothing compared to todays encounters.

Have you done the Franz and Hans boss testing earlier? You need to push through every other 15% of boss health while moving almost constantly. The little breaks inbetween allow for one, maybe two hardcast spells, depending on cast time. You are basically useless to your raid if you can't do anything for those 15% health bits. Especially the destruction warlock in my group almost came to a full stop during those belt phases. He was basically running around, building embers with conflagrate and firing a backdrafted chaos bolt whenever he finally got the embers for one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    For most encounters in tbc, forced movement happened rare enough and in small enough doses that you could just save your occasional need to life tap for those events. You also had instant shadow bolt proccs and corruption which you wouldn't cast at all if you didn't have to move. It's just nothing compared to todays encounters.

Have you done the Franz and Hans boss testing earlier? You need to push through every other 15% of boss health while moving almost constantly. The little breaks inbetween allow for one, maybe two hardcast spells, depending on cast time. You are basically useless to your raid if you can't do anything for those 15% health bits. Especially the destruction warlock in my group almost came to a full stop during those belt phases. He was basically running around, building embers with conflagrate and firing a backdrafted chaos bolt whenever he finally got the embers for one.
    Yes I have done this fight and no, you can actually do DPS while standing still in those phases. It requires some skill, practice, and consistent execution though since you need to understand the pattern and work around it. I'll give you a little tip: it works a little bit like Lei Shen wind which you could use to your advantage. The other one you surely found out already; there's parts which make you stand still completely. Does that mean I would play destruction on my warlock here? No, probably not, I would lean towards the most mobile spec and there's some multidot involved, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels really bad not to have fel flame as destruction, have not gotten around to test affliction or demo yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Yes I have done this fight and no, you can actually do DPS while standing still in those phases. It requires some skill, practice, and consistent execution though since you need to understand the pattern and work around it. I'll give you a little tip: it works a little bit like Lei Shen wind which you could use to your advantage. The other one you surely found out already; there's parts which make you stand still completely. Does that mean I would play destruction on my warlock here? No, probably not, I would lean towards the most mobile spec and there's some multidot involved, too.
    Lei Shen wind is last phase only. The belts were not and past the first 20 secs you can't stand still in between the gaps. The belts push you faster than the Wind too. The pattern is exactly why you spend 80% of the fight running and not casting. This lasts till 68% ish? Afterwards you have a bit of uptime until 55% where you basically cannot touch the boss at all as Destruction while avoiding the ceiling stamps till 40% of the bosses health. Considering the Mythic only mechanic in the Dungeon Journal it would be essentially worthless to bring a Des lock there at all. At least Affliction had dots.

I'm confused as to why Hunters are able to cheese almost every mechanic in the next tier i.e Felbreaker (that absorbs Magical damage for most the fight) as well. Yet nerfing the other casters.

On the bright side however Locks play fine on almost all of the other fights tested so far.

Deleted
    Yes, you can stand still between gaps and then move to the right spot. There are even x points where you got 4 squares to run to (should it be less of a pattern). You can also stand on the belt as it moves, gaming the pattern while standing still. That was precisely what Lei Shen wind phase was about except that it was RNG.

Did you try demo? Why is it a bad thing destro is not good on a fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be being forced to swap specs for a normal mode encounter.

Deleted
    i think this will mostly create an issue to affl in pvp, since affl has no way to interupt a flag unless u start casting a channeling spell of some sort, but the real issue in pvp is still the gap closer melee vs range atm, and i dont see them toning down warriors or monk or rouges movement but caster get crippled

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    i think this will mostly create an issue to affl in pvp, since affl has no way to interupt a flag unless u start casting a channeling spell of some sort, but the real issue in pvp is still the gap closer melee vs range atm, and i dont see them toning down warriors or monk or rouges movement but caster get crippled
    I havent seen a blizzard response yet. Anyone know how to get them to fix this problem?

You're going to cast Respec Demonology for movement-heavy fights.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    You're going to cast Respec Demonology for movement-heavy fights.
    Or basically every fight if things keep going as they are regardless of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Or basically every fight if things keep going as they are regardless of movement.
    Its almost as if they are purposely ignoring this issue.

I know we were OP on aoe this last tier, so make less fucking bosses that you just derp aoe the whole fucking time

Dont punish is bc of your fucking mistakes blizz. Fix this shit and give us back fel flame god damnit

I don't think having fel flame back is going to fix the problem with dps during high movement fights. Does no one remember how weak fel flame was and how much mana it required.

Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    I don't think having fel flame back is going to fix the problem with dps during high movement fights. Does no one remember how weak fel flame was and how much mana it required.
    I think it's pretty accepted that the main complaint is that there isn't anything to press, not that DPS will be abysmal during movement without it. (Though it will be lower)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I think it's pretty accepted that the main complaint is that there isn't anything to press, not that DPS will be abysmal during movement without it. (Though it will be lower)
    ^This.

Despite not having anything to cast during movement I don't completely fall off the meter, I'm right there with everyone else. The problem isn't that it does no damage, the problem is that it feels freaking awful running around not able to actively do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    ^This.

Despite not having anything to cast during movement I don't completely fall off the meter, I'm right there with everyone else. The problem isn't that it does no damage, the problem is that it feels freaking awful running around not able to actively do anything.
    Not to add to the 'this' train but this really needs to be quoted for fucking truth.

Unfortunately, segments of the playerbase cannot tell the different between concerns about "how this plays" and concerns about "how much damage this does". This has been a constant battle since the Alpha started, but people just aren't going to get it.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-08-14 at 09:04 PM.