Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What are we supposed to cast now? As Destro:

2 Conflags
    Incinerate procs
    Refresh CoE
    RoF

Yeah, we are totally optionless whilst moving.
    2 Conflags - If you have 2 conflags off cooldown there is a VERY big issue here but even with both off cooldown that is only good for moving for 2 seconds every 24 seconds.
    Incinerate procs - Backlash? Removed from the game
    Refresh CoE - Removed from the game
    RoF - Yes, you can cast a single rain of fire that does very low damage and costs 30% of your overall mana.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    What is the affliction communities obsession with shadow bolt? I mean really...it's literally just MG. They serve the exact same function.

If you aren't applying dots, you hit this button, and then you apply more dots, and then you hit this button.

Just because it's channeled instead of a cast it's somehow vastly worse than shadow bolt?

Affliction doesn't need shadow bolt, it needs more depth than apply dots -> hit filler.
    They giveth and then they taketh away.

demonology warlocks feel so weird for AoEs now as i usually have immo aura up with fel ray (fel flame) until i get fury starved but it just feels so empty now without that main spell to use...

Deleted
    The whole Healthstone change is really odd considering how many times Blizzard has said that it's a good thing if only one class can do a certain thing, it makes them more unique... At least let the Healthstone work the same way it does now for the Warlock him/herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthaven- View Post
    - What little single target management (snapshotting) there was is all gone now if you really didn't understand that.
    It simply went from bad to to a lot worse.

There's plenty of other specs that has three DoTs, they do not have 100% up-time but they have plenty of other things to do instead of just putting them on, unlike Affliction. The point is, Affliction doesn't even have a 4th for a DoT spec.

>>>>

On a side note,
    Blizzard is doing it wrong. The reason why Add-ons are required is not because they're OP, but because the default-UI is too simplistic and really doesn't display the information you would want when raiding neatly and effectively.
    bro lets be real, did you even read my post? you know, about how people on these boards ~love~ to circlejerk over single target patchwerk mechanics which are almost completely irrelevant in the actual game? are you seriously trying to convince me that since you're unhappy with the playstyle that will only be in place for TWO of the SEVENTEEN bosses that blizz should make sweeping changes?

also here's a bit from my op since i dont think u actually read it
    nerfed pandemic means that dot management is now more about reapplication timings rather than relative power, which is still a solid avenue to separate good players from poor ones
    what is your opinion on 1.3 pandemic? did you do mythic ka'graz testing? i found it super fun and challenging trying to maintain three dots on four targets with limited soulswap usage and 13% reduced dot duration. there were some pulls i played a bit sloppy and i had to SS more than i would have liked, and my dps suffered because of it, but that is a good thing. do you honestly believe that if we had that fight on live, you would want to have a playstyle of SS-Haunt-SS-Haunt-SS-Haunt-SS-MG-SS rather than actually casting and keeping track of dot durations?

and no, no other spec has their entire playstyle focused around dots like aff does, esp in wod. aff = mg is the filler, dots are the damage. sp/kin = dots are the filler, mindblast/starsurge/plague are the damage. the fact that sp are even being offered a dotless option to their spec shows how non-centric dots are to their spec. if you want to see dots as a means to an end (which, based on your posts, i think you do) then go play sp. if you want dots to be the end, like me, play aff

2 Conflags
    Incinerate procs
    Refresh CoE
    RoF

Two of those things no longer exist.

No offense, but between being poorly informed about class changes and "not using Fel Flame or speccing into KJC because reasons", you seem to be in over your head here.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2014-09-01 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovia View Post
    bro lets be real, did you even read my post? you know, about how people on these boards ~love~ to circlejerk over single target patchwerk mechanics which are almost completely irrelevant in the actual game? are you seriously trying to convince me that since you're unhappy with the playstyle that will only be in place for TWO of the SEVENTEEN bosses that blizz should make sweeping changes?

also here's a bit from my op since i dont think u actually read it
    Everyone regards single target design to be more of a concern than multi-target rotation as it is forever more important.
    If you don't see so, you have issues and difficulties seeing what you really do overall.
    At least 75% of all possible combat scenarios anyone has ever engaged, even you when you think the only thing you've ever done is PvE raids, has been of single target importance only.

It is not only about PvE raids, but questing/ dailies, leveling, focused PvP and especially Dungeons.
    Furthermore, in a fair share of cases where multiple targets are present, they are not always of importance but people like to pad their stats anyway; even when it's not helpful. Not all specs benefit from tossing extra damage around for their single target output either.

When people first decide to cleave their way through, they usually over-gear the mobs. Just remember that mobs are for the time being as of design stronger in WoD. People also do gear alts.

Multi-target rotations are for almost all specs more bland, as it simply is less things to 'finely' watch over, as it is essentially targeting management you have issues with/ find entertaining and not the actual rotational part.

Whatever you did single target, also applies to multi-target scenarios.
    Fortunately for your case, multi-targeting has become a lot simpler as single target has become narrow-minded - which multi-targeting is based of for any spec.

For your second part: lel
    I'll put up an example in a simple way so you may understand:
    - If Affliction only had a single DoT instead of an amazing '3' - It would still have been entirely DoT based based, but still not fun nor particularly "DoT unique" as many other specs brings at least the same amount of DoTs (even when it has 3, some do even bring 4).

- You are still saying that you are struggling with target management/ you find fun in it - which is entirely subjective, but is overall not the default 'belief'.
    Last edited by Nighthaven-; 2014-09-01 at 11:05 PM.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

i would ask you why you think having to keep track of 3-4 debuffs times the number of targets is 'simpler' than a two button SS-Haunt/MG-SS-Haunt/MG rotation, but you seem to be talking about how fun it is to do your dailies and i am talking about mythic raiding, so there's little point to conversing with you

And im just a shadow priest sitting here laughing at the whining about the removal of fel flame.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-09-02 at 11:05 PM.

2 Conflags
    Incinerate procs
    Refresh CoE
    RoF

You tried it. Now, sit down.

And LMAO for CoE as an option to cast while moving if it hasn't been removed.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2014-09-02 at 05:53 AM.

Deleted
    Celestalon's tweets make so little sense. let's swap a few words to see if anybody is shocked:

Don't you feel that mages need scorch back for movements ?
    We don't. It's a challenge, but toning down caster mobility is better for the game. Balance. (Celestalon)

Then why are you toning down only mages and shamans? Why are warlocks with felt flame ok?
    Fel flame is primarily a movement tool; damage is trivial. Mobility is one way we differentiate specs.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2014-09-02 at 06:25 AM.

List of instant casts or movement-related abilities for fire mages:

Meteor
    Instant, 60 second CD.

Inferno Blast
    Instant, 8 second CD.

Scorch
    Castable while moving, no CD. Increases movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds after cast.

Pyroblast
    Instant cast after two crits.

Dragon's Breath
    Instant cast, conal. 20 second CD.

Ice Floes
    Spells castable while moving. 3 charges, 20 second recharge.

Living Bomb
    Instant. No CD.

----------------------------------------------
    List for destruction warlocks:

Conflagrate
    Instant, 2 charges. 12 second recharge.

Rain of Fire
    Instant, 8 second duration modified by haste. Worthless with CR.

Kil'jaedens Cunning
    All spells castable while moving for 8 seconds. 1 min CD.
    Last edited by Crisius; 2014-09-02 at 06:47 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    List of instant casts or movement-related abilities for fire mages:

Meteor
    Instant, 60 second CD.

Inferno Blast
    Instant, 8 second CD.

Scorch
    Castable while moving, no CD. Increases movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds after cast.

Pyroblast
    Instant cast after two crits.

Dragon's Breath
    Instant cast, conal. 20 second CD.

Ice Floes
    Spells castable while moving. 3 charges, 20 second recharge.

Living Bomb
    Instant. No CD.

List for destruction warlocks:

Conflagrate
    Instant, 2 charges. 12 second recharge.

Rain of Fire
    Instant, 8 second duration modified by haste. Worthless with CR.

Kil'jaedens Cunning
    All spells castable while moving for 8 seconds. 1 min CD.
    Now, I know why everyone calls warlocks the biggest whiners ...

Please post more constructively
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2014-09-02 at 12:36 PM.

If you ask me, they missed a golden oppurtunity to re-introduce Searing Pain for destruction.

I mean with a little revamping the ability this could have easily been the Scorch version of destro (able to cast while running). perhaps with some minor tweaking, like giving it X stacks or soo, or every completed casts reduce/increases cast time of spell X (just to have a drawback or benefit).
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Now, I know why everyone calls warlocks the biggest whiners ...
    What? You're not gonna admit how he perfectly prove how many more instant casts fire mages have available for them, thus making them capable of dishing out their rotation much more easily than warlocks? It's also even more retarded that as a Destro lock 2 of your 3 level 100 talents reduce your mobility by even further

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    And im just a shadow priest sitting here laughing at the whining about the removal of fel flame.
    Quite easy to do so, since shadow priests are allowed to retain their "Fel Flame" ability, which is Shadow Word: Pain.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

2 Conflags
    Incinerate procs
    Refresh CoE
    RoF

Lol, man... as warlock u are a good warrior... wtf are u doing in this forum??? Your ignorance becomes shameful.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Yeah, I'm not appreciating the gimp in movement for Warlocks. Moving around and casting is awesome, if only because I'm ADD and need to move. The main reason I used Fel Flame was to knock a mob from 25% to 20% so I could Shadow Burn (or whtvr); otherwise I just used Incinerate while moving. I'm actually very surprised that Warlocks haven't been nerfed harder, but even so I might be switching to a Hunter for mobility.

Fel Flame removal is sad.. but Dark Soul at 2 charges is OP

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Quite easy to do so, since shadow priests are allowed to retain their "Fel Flame" ability, which is Shadow Word: Pain.
    Try again buddy. SW:P is a significant part of the shadow rotation, was never intended to be a spammable movement dps ability, and they have adjusted SW:P so it's no longer incentivized to spam.