Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does arcane get a way to use up excess charges after combat ends?

Just thought of this as I am level 57 atm.

I tend to end combat at times with 2-3 charges and its a shame unlike a rogue I can't burn it off with some slice and dice, or recuperation type buff.

I end up wasting the points after it wears off.

Is there anything like this later on and is my thought on it misplaced?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post

I tend to end combat at times with 2-3 charges and its a shame unlike a rogue I can't burn it off with some slice and dice, or recuperation type buff.

In Warlords, we might care about charges affecting evocation. As for right now, not sure if you have arcane barrage at that level or not, but basically just barrage when stuff is about to die.
    Last edited by Sephurik; 2014-08-05 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Clarification and misinformation correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephurik View Post
    In Warlords charges will affect evocation. As for right now, not sure if you have arcane barrage at that level or not, but basically just barrage when stuff is about to die.
    can you expand what your referring to? I can't find any mention of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Warlords charges will affect evocation. As for right now, not sure if you have arcane barrage at that level or not, but basically just barrage when stuff is about to die.
    Already does on live as of 5.2.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-08-03 at 10:47 PM.

Nope, you just got to either chain pull mobs.. Or evocate. On the topic though, if you can chain pull mobs, you are going to clear stuff really fast as the small down time lets your mana regen to full and you can just continue to spam AB and AM.

It already does that doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Nope, you just got to either chain pull mobs.. Or evocate. On the topic though, if you can chain pull mobs, you are going to clear stuff really fast as the small down time lets your mana regen to full and you can just continue to spam AB and AM.

It already does that doesn't it?
    does what exactly rofl I see nothing applied to evocation

does what exactly rofl I see nothing applied to evocation
    From what I remember you nowdays get 25% mana per arcane charge during evocation. Might be changed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mage
    • Arcane
    • For Arcane Mages, Evocation now restores 40% (was 60%) of total mana over 6 seconds, and consumes all Arcane Charges. For each Arcane Charge consumed, the total amount of mana regenerated is increased by 10%, up to a maximum of 80% over 6 seconds. Evocation remains the same for Fire and Frost.
    (5.2 Patch Notes)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-08-04 at 01:39 AM.

Well 10% it is then

10+ Year Old Account
    Well 10% it is then
    Hmm... the tooltip for [Arcane Charge] says 25% per charge. The changelog for this on wowhead shows it to be as of 5.2.

so weird u can't like burn the charges on something cool like a buff or something.

so weird u can't like burn the charges on something cool like a buff or something.
    And then we get something annoying like Slice & Dice, Savage Roar, or Inquisition. Arcane has enough problems.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hmm... the tooltip for [Arcane Charge] says 25% per charge. The changelog for this on wowhead shows it to be as of 5.2.
    The tooltip is accurate.

25% of 40% is 10%. 4 charges = 100% (double) of 40% is 40% = 80%
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    And then we get something annoying like Slice & Dice, Savage Roar, or Inquisition. Arcane has enough problems.
    I can't think of anything much more annoying then watching arcane charges fading

I can't think of anything much more annoying then watching arcane charges fading
    Wait till you get to level 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adocul View Post
    The tooltip is accurate.

25% of 40% is 10%. 4 charges = 100% (double) of 40% is 40% = 80%
    Ah, thanks. I totally read that wrong.

Wait till you get to level 90.
    ^

Or play a Rogue, Feral Druid, or Ret Paladin.

PS: Inquisition is so stupid that they're removing it, some Rogue specs also get S&D passively, and there's a new L100 talent to make Savage Roar passive as well (while nothing really changes for our L90 talents; they're still going to be annoying). Trust me, losing charges is NOT the end of the world.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Apologies with what I said about Evocation. What I meant to do was call attention to the fact that we might actually care about Evocation being affected by arcane charges in WoD. It also appears to only be in arcane specialization only.

Apologies with what I said about Evocation. What I meant to do was call attention to the fact that we might actually care about Evocation being affected by arcane charges in WoD. It also appears to only be in arcane specialization only.
    Correct. Evocation is now Arcane only and has no way to reduce the cooldown of it outside of the 30s perk, so Evo has a 90s cooldown, but my problem with it is why they plan to make Arcane's rotation be. I'm assuming we still want to stay in the conservation phase and we don't really ever burn unless ABL at 4 stacks is going to be worth it again.

abarr when shit is about to die. if you still have charges after combat ends u just lost dps.