Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, ignoring the guy who says he doesn't like Miyazaki... I was hearing rumors around the times of both their last releases that the studio might be shutting down, glad to hear they still have plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    Well, ignoring the guy who says he doesn't like Miyazaki... I was hearing rumors around the times of both their last releases that the studio might be shutting down, glad to hear they still have plans.
    Well even if they do shut down the animation department some of the movies were done with freelance animators and not done in house so they can still release new stuff.

Studio Ghibli is planning to keep story development in Japan but to move the animation production to Southeast Asia such as Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, and now negotiating in Vietnam.

On August 7, 2014, Toshio Suzuki, the producer and president of Studio Ghibli, appeared on NHK's live morning TV show "Asaichi (朝イチ)" to help promote Ghibli alumni's animation program and documentary program.

At the end of the interview, he started to reveal their plan of the Studio.
    Studio Ghibli will no longer have its production department in Japan.
    They will keep the story development in Japan.
    They already established animation production base in Thailand, Malaysia and Taiwan.
    Suzuki is currently negotiating in Vietnam.
    The main reason of its move is NOT about finance.
    The main reason was the motivation of the animators in Japan
    http://yokosonews.com/entertainment/...outheast-asia/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Uh, no I haven't

Edit: Actually, I have heard of spirited away. Never saw it though.

Do yourself the favour and check out their films. Personally Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are my favourites. But you can't go wrong in my opinion, just pick one and keep going.

I'm happy that this wasn't entirely true, I was really upset when I clicked this link.