Like old class quests had good gear as the reward, and they were loooong thanks to how expensive mounts were.
Last edited by Deztru; 2014-08-18 at 05:47 PM.
I've always thought it would be cool if mages had three new specializations:
1) Would be the classic damage with a combine use of arcane/fire/frost.
2)Would be the use of magic and melee attacks(like a spellsword).
3)Would be use of magics to heal allies. I was not a huge fan of rift, but I did love healing on my mage.
Rhonin being one of my favorite lore characters and was very good with a sword. I would love nothing more than to be able to cast from a far and be able to finish an opponent up close. This will never happen, but it would be something new and fun.
Time-based healing would involve things such as Alter Time that, by LORE, would rewind your target(s) back in time to before they were even injured, rather than healing them (though in-game, only a small few of your spells would actually do this, while some would just actually heal).
Fire-based healing I can't exactly come up with a good lore reason, but fire/heat in general is life itself. I mean, we have phoenixes and cauterizing as two examples, as well as Alexstrasza herself being the Aspect of Life, and also being fire-based.
OR, maybe make a healer spec that does both! Time-based for rewinding wounds and Fire-based for healing them!
- Undo (Time): 3m cooldown. Rewinds the target 5 seconds in time, healing 50% of all the damage they took over the duration.
- Breath of Life (Fire): 30s cooldown. Infused by Alexstrazsa herself, the Mage breathes the flames of life on his/her allies within X yards in front of them, healing themself and all targets hit for Y.
- Protective Ice (Frost): 2m cooldown. Surrounds the target in special ice that reacts upon strong impacts. The target takes X% less damage from the next Y sources (All? Physical only?). Upon expiring, the ice shatters outward, dealing Z damage to all enemies near the protected target.
- Leeching Weapons (Arcane, Passive Aura): The Mage enchants the weapons of all allies within a X yard radius that will radiate healing to their owners upon striking, giving them Y% Leech. (Very low value)
Aren't destructive fire and rejuvinating(?) fire that Alexstrazsa uses different magics?Originally Posted by Polarthief
Though we could have a HoT like the warlocks pet Imp has.
DKs make you not able to kite
Warriors charge, charge, and continue to charge. Also leap.
Retadins go LOLDISPEL x9999
Rogues and Ferals... They speak for themselves.
Cauterize (Fire, Passive): 5m cooldown (upon triggering). Healing a target with a single-target heal gives them the Cauterize effect for 5 seconds. Should a target with Cauterize take lethal damage, they will instead heal to 40% health and lose 8% health every second for 5 seconds. In addition, the target received 25% extra healing during this time. The effect of Cauterize (both the extra healing and DoT) cannot be reduced or removed (except for some boss abilities) (this is so you cannot weaken/remove the DoT, not even with Divine Shield or Ice Block).
Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-08-18 at 08:52 PM.
times change, dont dwell on the past
it does nothing
Mages can use their arcane power to create heat and fire, or use it to draw out energy and create cold and ice. They can also just wield raw arcane energy.
The type of magic Alexstrasza wields is over life itself, which also entails death and rebirth. Her purifying flame and destructive flame are derived from this type of primal magic, held by the Titans, which after the events of the Cataclysm and Deathwings Fall, most of that magic has been expended.