Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your Jungle Tier Lists

Nice idea with the support tier list thread so I thought we should make our own jungle ones too! I am a diamond player and I think it would be interesting for others to explain what elo they're in as I'm sure that can often attribute our opinions.

God tier: Shaco, Fiddle, Vi, Eve

Tier 1: Nocturne, Rammus, Lee, Jarvan

Tier 2: Amumu, Master Yi, Elise, Rengar

Tier 3: Sion (honest to god, you need to see this), Hecarim

Will update a bit more once I play a vs a few more or as them. Seriously though, Fiddle is so strong where I'm at. I have yet to face a bad one.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-08-04 at 06:50 AM.
    Hey everyone

God tier: Wukong, Volibear, Udyr
    Tier 1: Nocturne, Amumu, Shaco
    Tier 2: Evelyn, Master Yi, Elise

Purely just my personal opinion on soloq, around low gold - low plat.

This is based only on what I have success with, but...

I'd place Noct/Rengar/Panth way above everything else due to the simple fact they can force people to play safe knowing your ultimate is up, only way you can predict their ganks is by deep warding their Jungle and even then you're forced to back away just from their sheer presence of being close. Oh, and they are both super snowbally. 90% of the time I have success on Rengar and can power farm my jungle and gank whenever my ult is off CD. Normally get a fully stacked Wriggles by 15mins unless my team is getting absolutely stomped. other 10% of the time where you don't get any ganks off and can't one shot someone the pick falls flat on its face, because let's face it: Tank Rengar is garbage, you ult, leap in and root someone (jk your average Rengar player will miss a point blank bola) and then you die before your team can follow up.

Noct is a less risky version of Rengar and what I normally pick if I'm against something like Vi, much better as a tank, stronger early game and doesn't rely on Snowballing to murder squishies.

Pantheon, idk. People seem to have an IQ drop when playing against one. Whether I'm playing it myself or if I'm against one the Panth generally ends up getting fed one way or another. Normally just ban him since I hate playing him and I cba dealing with a super fed Panth that throws a spear at me for a 3rd of my health.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2014-08-04 at 05:20 AM.

God tier: Rengar
    Tier 1: lee elise eve j4 uydr
    tier 2: Vi Noc Zac shaco
    tier 3: the rest
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    God tier: Rengar
    Tier 1: lee elise eve j4 uydr
    tier 2: Vi Noc Zac shaco
    tier 3: the rest
    I don't play Rengar, or at a high elo level for that matter, but I've seen so many failed Rengars at LCS, I feel you can't really place him at God tier. God tier doesn't just mean the ability to snowball. If Rengar is denied kills, he falls off hard. And it seems to be rather easy to flunk his ganks.

Personally, I love Udyr. He's so beefy, but remains a real threat in terms of damage throughout the entire game. You need some help on his ganks, especially early (lack of permanent stopping power and a lack of speed at low levels), but he can be so lethal if properly played. And he doesn't fall off hard either. I've been able to cause a comeback, almost turning into an ACE, after which we managed to clean up and Annie bombed them at their Baron attempt, which killed nearly all of them. Came back from a 16K deficit. Action @~37:00

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflege...2008/203353901

Granted, it's a normal match :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-08-04 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I don't play Rengar, or at a high elo level for that matter, but I've seen so many failed Rengars at LCS, I feel you can't really place him at God tier. God tier doesn't just mean the ability to snowball. If Rengar is denied kills, he falls off hard. And it seems to be rather easy to flunk his ganks.
    LCS rengar builds are different to soloq rengars

true rengar can get some kills denied during laning phase but ive seen plenty rengars that can "pick off" adc/mid who refuses to group instead of farm alone and rengar can just shread someone if they are left alone cause you know solo q XD

and once he has 1-3 kills he can just go assassinate your squishy like theres no tomorrow with his no counter play ult
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    LCS rengar builds are different to soloq rengars

true rengar can get some kills denied during laning phase but ive seen plenty rengars that can "pick off" adc/mid who refuses to group instead of farm alone and rengar can just shread someone if they are left alone cause you know solo q XD

and once he has 1-3 kills he can just go assassinate your squishy like theres no tomorrow with his no counter play ult
    Aye, I guess that makes sense. Lack of communication is err..killing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    god tier lee sin if you have the mechanics to play him to his full potential. The early game damage is absurd and makes killing anyone in the game ez pz. You dont even really need go force ganks either, you can just go invade the other jungler and make their life hell. Once you remove the threat of early jungle pressure on ur lanes ganks become easier and easier. Dragon control is also easy considering u can solo it with lizard.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but even AD Malz can solo dragon. And earlier than Lee as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No offense, but even AD Malz can solo dragon. And earlier than Lee as well.
    It's just another plus is all i was saying, not my entire selling point of why I think lee sin is the best. we're talking solo queue here so anything that doesnt require much if any help from your team that gives you an advantage is great.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-08-04 at 08:13 PM.

Evelynn will always be a top tier jungler, simply because you can't efficiently ward against her. And even if you do attempt to ward against her, she can see those wards and just kill them.

Aside from her I'd say--
    Tier 1: Vi, J4, Amumu, Wukong.
    Tier 2: Hecarim, Skarner, Warwick, Nocturne.
    Tier 3: Shaco, Rammus, Fizz, Pantheon.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    God tier (would always be happy to use): Shaco, nocturne, vi

Tier 1 (would use unless they have a certain comp): Lee sin, Elise, fiddlesticks, pantheon, diana

Tier 2 (will pull out to counter certain comps): skarner, maokai, olaf, amumu, evelynn, jax, twitch, nautilus, master yi

Tier 3 (only for the fun of it and never in ranked): gragas, hecarim, tryndamere, nunu, warwick, ziggs

someof them, like eve, would clearly fall under god tier in normal situations, but I'm also considering my personal skill level with these champions. Also reason why I don't have rengar or khazix in there and such.

Personal list of effectiveness of junglers I meet in Solo Q (mid plat). Bold is high skillcap, underlined is low skillcap.

God Tier: Lee Sin, Vi

Tier 1: Amumu, Evelynn, Elise, J4, Nautilus, Nocturne, Rengar, Shaco, Warwick, Wukong, Xin Zhao

Tier 2: Cho'gath, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Kha'zix, Maokai, Master Yi, Pantheon, Riven, Sejuani, Udyr

Tier 3: Gragas, Jax, Mundo, Malphite, Rammus, Skarner, Trundle, Twitch, Zac, Tryndamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Personal list of effectiveness of junglers I meet in Solo Q (mid plat). Bold is high skillcap, underlined is low skillcap.

God Tier: Lee Sin, Vi

Tier 1: Amumu, Evelynn, Elise, J4, Nautilus, Nocturne, Rengar, Shaco, Warwick, Wukong, Xin Zhao

Tier 2: Cho'gath, Fiddlesticks, Hecarim, Kha'zix, Maokai, Master Yi, Pantheon, Riven, Sejuani, Udyr

Tier 3: Gragas, Jax, Mundo, Malphite, Rammus, Skarner, Trundle, Twitch, Zac, Tryndamere
    Fiddlesticks is the most annoying jungler to play against, I'm considering picking him up.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Fiddlesticks is the most annoying jungler to play against, I'm considering picking him up.
    A well played Fiddlesticks in a good team comp, yeah, there's almost nothing worse. I still rate junglers with '100% kill' ults like vi/nocturne/j4 above it though. Fiddle plays really different to almost every other jungler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    A well played Fiddlesticks in a good team comp, yeah, there's almost nothing worse. I still rate junglers with '100% kill' ults like vi/nocturne/j4 above it though. Fiddle plays really different to almost every other jungler.
    I'm Diamond, everyone knows how to play Fiddle up here.
    Hey everyone

Alright, I main jungle, and I'll give you a personal tier list for the gnar patch.

God tier (Gods): Vi, Wukong, Warwick, J4, Amumu, Fiddlesticks, and Rammus
    Tier 1 (Strong): Udyr, Skarner, Xin, Maokai, Volibear, Pantheon, Rengar, and Aatrox
    Tier 2 (Balanced): Mostly every other jungle not mentioned
    Tier 3 (Weak): Hecarim, Nunu, Gnar(might change)

Udyr: He isn't a god because good players know how to fight him in higher elos
    Skarner: I still consider god tier, due to him being my longtime love/main alongside Udyr. one ult can change a game. Plus I hear he's likely getting the next Ultimate skin, which makes me really happy.
    Gnar: His jungle clear is very slow first couple clears, but I've only played him once. Not a master by far. Needs more reviewing.
    Lee Sin, Elise, and Eve: All got nerfed to tier 2. QQ
    Maokai: His got nerfed this patch, no longer having 100% uptime. Lasts 10 seconds now. Stills strong IMO

Edit: Opps, forgot about fiddlesticks. I'd say he's strong or god tier now thanks to the nerfs to junglers like Lee Sin, Elise and Eve.
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2014-08-14 at 03:08 PM.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

the thing with fiddles is that it doesn't matter how bad they are or how stupid they play. he can tank dragon/baron early and only needs to ult to change the game.

the game really boils down to winning the dragon, if you get dragons you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Alright, I main jungle, and I'll give you a personal tier list for the gnar patch.

God tier (Gods): Vi, Wukong, Warwick, J4, Amumu, Fiddlesticks, and Rammus
    Tier 1 (Strong): Udyr, Skarner, Xin, Maokai, Gnar, Volibear, Pantheon, Rengar, and Aatrox
    Tier 2 (Balanced): Mostly every other jungle not mentioned
    Tier 3 (Weak): Hecarim, and Nunu

Udyr: He isn't a god because good players know how to fight him in higher elos
    Skarner: I still consider god tier, due to him being my longtime love/main alongside Udyr. one ult can change a game. Plus I hear he's likely getting the next Ultimate skin, which makes me really happy.
    Gnar: His jungle clear is very slow first couple clears, but after that he is pretty good imo. Gotta survive the start.
    Lee Sin, Elise, and Eve: All got nerfed to tier 2. QQ
    Maokai: His got nerfed this patch, no longer having 100% uptime. Lasts 10 seconds now. Stills strong IMO

Edit: Opps, forgot about fiddlesticks. I'd say he's strong or god tier now thanks to the nerfs to junglers like Lee Sin, Elise and Eve.
    After playing a couple more games with Gnar in the jungle, I've decided to move him up to the strong tier.

I personally think hes really good, if you survive his weak early jungle clearing phase.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    Too little AD malzahars.