Burst of Speed... S..Spriinnnt...?

Rogue was my first class in the game, and I mained it for a few years. And I remember Blizzard making Sprint break slows or some such during Cata or MoP (didn't play rogue much after WoTLK). So I see in MMO-Champ: Ability Consolidation and Refinement -Burst of Speed now costs 20 Energy (up from 15 Energy).

I look it up, curious what this Burst of Speed thing is.
    Increases your movement speed by 70% for 4 sec and removes movement slowing effects. Useable while stealthed.

>______> So.... exactly what Sprint does....?

Deleted
    Almost.

Sprint doesn't cost energy and doesn't break slow effects.

BoS only lasts for 4 seconds and costs 15 energy (20 in WoD). It also doesn't benefit from the Sprint Glyph or Blurred Speed Glyph.
    However, BoS breaks all slow effects and most importantly doesn't have a cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-04 at 06:51 AM.

Sprint only ever removed snares through the old talent trees "Improved Sprint", which saw little to no use. BoS and sprint are almost redundant, but sprint is free, lasts twice as long, can be glyphed to 100% and walk on water, and is reset by prep. Since in PvP you're just constantly spammed with random/free/aoe snares, so BoS has to be fairly spammable to make a difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Sprint only ever removed snares through the old talent trees "Improved Sprint", which saw little to no use. BoS and sprint are almost redundant, but sprint is free, lasts twice as long, can be glyphed to 100% and walk on water, and is reset by prep. Since in PvP you're just constantly spammed with random/free/aoe snares, so BoS has to be fairly spammable to make a difference at all.
    Huh. So I was one of the rarities that used Improved Sprint. Also yeah, I remember being rooted and snared so, so much. SMH for that.

Deleted
    Its retarted that they are creating a second skill that exactly resembles the purpose of sprint. Burst of Speed should be removed from the game and be killed with fire to never been returned again. Our true iconic skill is Sprint! Make Shadow Step baseline just like hunters and warriors have disengage and charge etc. ShS has always been a iconic rogue skill and to not have it baseline makes no sense at all. The fact that devs are justifying the existance of BoS proves there are some changes needed for design wheter its for snares or every other damn class that can ''sprint'' on demand wich was always a rogue thing. I do not understand how rogues can still defend this skill and its boring mechanic of spamspamspam.

Gets me to horde quicker at Blacksmith in AB.