Thread: Sound card

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Depends on what you're looking to spend, I mean you could go with a Asus Xonar DGX for pretty cheap or a Asus Xonar DX for a bit more ($80) or get a good card like the Asus Xonar Essence STX which I personally have and I find it to be a great investment as the sound quality for my headphones and my Presonus E5's are really good granted I have studio speakers, but it's up to you and what you want to spend. Personally in your case I'd go with the DX as it's mid tier and will compliment your SP2500's well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Depends on what you're looking to spend, I mean you could go with a Asus Xonar DGX for pretty cheap or a Asus Xonar DX for a bit more ($80) or get a good card like the Asus Xonar Essence STX which I personally have and I find it to be a great investment as the sound quality for my headphones and my Presonus E5's are really good granted I have studio speakers, but it's up to you and what you want to spend. Personally in your case I'd go with the DX as it's mid tier and will compliment your SP2500's well.
    The SP 2500 probably won't sound much different with them, they are fairly low tier.
    Investing the money from a sound card in better speakers will provide you bettererer sound.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2014-08-09 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The SP 2500 probably won't sound much different with them, they are fairly low tier.
    You're probably right, I don't know to much about all the different tiers for speakers etc. but you're right I was looking at a review for them about 40 minutes ago and they're alright so they won't benefit much. I'd get a cheap sound card if you don't have a newer MoBo i.e. 1150.