10+ Year Old Account

Land of the free: A progression of events

I was thinking this through tonight, and I had a funny little idea as to how a certain neo-right-winger second amendment fantasy would go down in real life. I thought I'd map out the likely course of events in steps. Definitely open for discussion and counterpoints.

- A bunch of hicks decide to exercise their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BARE ARMS AND FORM A MILITIA AGAINST A CORRUPT GOVERNMENT!

- Hicks find themselves declared terrorists against the United states.

- Hicks declared enemy combatants and are extra-judicially renditioned to off-book black sites.

- Bit of ye olde waterboarding, floodlights and AC/DC later and they're thrown into a dark hole never to be seen again.

- Freedom! Eagles and shit!!

So, am I wrong? :P

Tell me how it would go down differently.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bare arms? What is this, France? We cover up here in America! (Jest obviously)

There are a lot of "militas" that are out there, and own many firearms. They are not declared terorrists and water boarded :P
    You're a towel.

I have a bad feeling about this thread...

Deleted
    A militia is useless nowadays, the only way you could hope to win is to get the Military to side with you, that won't happen as long as they view you as an armed threat.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    A militia is useless nowadays, the only way you could hope to win is to get the Military to side with you, that won't happen as long as they view you as an armed threat.
    They don't even have to view you as an armed threat. Hi Kent State!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    They don't even have to view you as an armed threat. Hi Kent State!
    Invite them for cold beer and a BBQ, put on some music too and even the most insane squaddie will question his orders.

Deleted
    If the government thought guns gave people the ability to overthrow corrupt officials, you wouldn't have them.

Here's how it will actually go down.

-Freedumb loving hick militia continues how it continues all the time.
    -Labour standards continue to cascade down into the toilet drain of virtual slavery.
    -Terrible labour standards reach boiling point, and labour protests start to become violent.
    -Freedumb militia "helps" "quell" the "communist revolution." Since shit labour standards are starting to effect them too, and idiot tea party bullshit has brainwashed them into believing that their inequity is caused by the fight against inequity and that if only there was just a little more inequity in this world suddenly they would get rich.
    -Middle class goes extinct.
    -During the extinction of the middle class there will be a mass exodus of US and Canadian citizens to Europe, which will strain the social order in Europe as well.
    -Big devastating political unrest in Europe, possible terrorist transgressions in response to weakened security state.
    -Koreans gain a growing appetite for made in USA goods.
    -Working class criticized by pundits for complaining about working standards when employee compensation is at a "sickening" all time high (well, except when you factor in inflation).
    -Scrip returns as a form of "employee compensation". Except it will be packaged more cleverly, and all the dumb idiots who have forgotten history or are too tired to fight it have no choice but to "let it happen."
    -Asian-Pacific States begin forming EU style coalition (including North Korea, who reunifies with South Korea)
    -Bulbous middle class in Asia-Pacific Coalition churns out generation of concerned hipsters who complain about the horrible enequitous conditions people in North America live under but go largely ignored because why should anybody care? They should fix their own issues.
    -The end?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really no point in this thread other than to bash a large group of people. If you want to discuss 2nd amendment rights, there's a thread for that. There's no need to spin a hypothetical for the sole purpose of aggravating others.

Closed.