10+ Year Old Account

At the Cross Roads for PVP

I really enjoy PVP ...I do not play on a PVP realm but do PVP a lot in battle grounds and world. I am trying to get some pvp achievements done during this down time waiting on WoD to hit. In LK I was pvp heavy but really never focused on getting smaller part of achievements for each bgs....during Cata I had a stroke which took me out of the game most part for pvp. Since then I have fully recovered and back to full steam. My guild is quite large but alas most don't like to PVP seeing we reside on a PVE realm. I have played Alliance since 2008 and love my dwarf female hunter. My problem now is no matter which of the smaller bgs I go into, the ally never can seem to get their chit together and work the bg correctly...so now I am looking to faction change which I really don't want too but it just seems no matter what I try and do or explain in most of the smaller bgs everyone just goes off on me calling me a noob even though been in game since 2008 and know the way to win the smaller bgs.

Another factor is I love my ally dwarf name and would have to change it if I went horde on my realm...as fact I am most hated by many of the horde on my own realm for killing them over and over since I got into the game on my realm. Seems I am damned if I do and damned if I don't change to horde.

Another issue for me is cost to faction change I have already done it earlier on in MoP for double agent with one of my alts and brought that alt back to the ally side seeing it was my Leather worker alt. Its not cheap to faction change and change back once I am done. Thanks for listening....and if you got any words of wisdom pass them on to me.
    Last edited by MouseD; 2014-08-04 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably from the US servers right?

I really think recently Alliance side has been getting better in random battlegrounds. It was much worse a couple of months ago, but I feel like some of the better players are moving back to Alliance for the faster queue times. Horde are also getting overrun with bads and bots. When that mine bg was the CTA, my Alliance DK was just globaling so many undergeared and/or shitty horde and I had a string of 5 victories in a row. This was all done solo queue.

If I ever play my horde characters, I feel like I've been running into an alliance premade almost every bg. You know when you're going to lose when the whole alliance team is stacked with female humans that have full prideful gear and are from Kel'thuzad or Frostmourne. It's honestly scary, it's bringing awful flashbacks of how Cataclysm pvp was.

With that being said, I still get caught into games with the typical bad alliance players. But I really think the tide is turning again so I would just hang in there with your alliance character.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that the bloody coin change really helped alliance get some good players. People who want to farm those coins through bg's are more likely to swap to alliance for the faster queue times. That's probably also why I've been running into so many alliance premades on my horde characters. It's a win/win to play alliance right now. You get faster queues while still getting the premade rub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am on a US realm...I have run with the TBT alliance group from Kel'thuzad farming up in IoC for my 250K achievement. Now that is done I working towards smaller stuff in smaller bgs sort of catch up if you can say. IoC is full of horde bots that is what the TBT works on when they do TBT farming...I seen nights in there lately where its over half the horde team is nothing but bots ...its easy to tell as a hunter they are bots I just follow the dots on the map..bots are always last to leave their keep when the IoC opens its gates. I am going to try few more weeks with ally but its still not looking good...like in SoTa or WSG or the Temple one. thanks for the input.

Add in I have my title for the bloody coins all thanks to the horde bots in IoC...only took me a week to get all way to 2K title haha.

If you like random BGs soloq, then don't be alliance. Blacklisting has screwed over alliance royally, there really is nothing more to it. If you want a positive winrate either queue up with premades or go horde.

Non-bot horde on the other hand can't set foot in AV or IoC anymore, so I hope you don't enjoy those if you do decide to faction change again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like random BGs soloq, then don't be alliance. Blacklisting has screwed over alliance royally, there really is nothing more to it. If you want a positive winrate either queue up with premades or go horde.
    Blacklisting has nothing to do with why Alliance is "bad." It has to do with all of the twitch heroes/top players moving over to Tich horde.

Solo queuing as Alliance really hasn't been that bad. It was much worse before the bloody coin change. I really do think three months into Draenor, Alliance will start being "the good faction" while the horde will be shit. Of course, this all depends on what the top players do.

Blacklisting has absolutely everything to do with winrates heavily tipping in the favor of horde. Just looking at the timeline alone proves it, if you refuse to apply logic.

Also just because you feel it "isn't that bad" doesn't mean the numbers agree with you. Do some research.

10+ Year Old Account
    The faction imbalance is completely controlled by the playerbase. Blizzard has nothing to do with whatever faction is more dominant. It's a playerbase issue.

I'm sure blacklisting really helps the horde on EU servers. Wait it doesn't because the EU playerbase is run by alliance.

You're just talking out of your ass. Look up the numbers.

I blew $55 to faction change and try Alliance. Wish I had found this thread before hand. What a frustrating experience - 2 days of 0 wins. There's no talking, no working together, just silence until it's evident that it's a loss then the insults roll out.

I can't fucking wait until Wednesday so I can transfer back. This satisfied any twisted curiosity I had.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I blew $55 to faction change and try Alliance. Wish I had found this thread before hand. What a frustrating experience - 2 days of 0 wins. There's no talking, no working together, just silence until it's evident that it's a loss then the insults roll out.

I can't fucking wait until Wednesday so I can transfer back. This satisfied any twisted curiosity I had.
    Why would you think its any different? The player base is the same on both sides. For every good group you get there are 4 more filled with bots and terrible players that don't communicate.

It isn't a faction issue, it's an issue with the community.

The only time one faction has an edge is on a map like AV that is just imbalanced. (and even then, Horde can win they just can't zerg)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Why would you think its any different? The player base is the same on both sides. For every good group you get there are 4 more filled with bots and terrible players that don't communicate.

The only time one faction has an edge is on a map like AV that is just imbalanced. (and even then, Horde can win they just can't zerg)
    Too be honest in my old guild my guild leader faction changed to horde during LK time frame to get things done for battle master title.....he found yes there are some idiots within the horde base he was able to get more done being horde then ally...even with me hunting him down in battlegrounds while he was horde lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Too be honest in my old guild my guild leader faction changed to horde during LK time frame to get things done for battle master title.....he found yes there are some idiots within the horde base he was able to get more done being horde then ally...even with me hunting him down in battlegrounds while he was horde lol.
    Like Orange said, you find these people on both sides. I play on both factions and i can say its not a faction issue, its just the players and community. I remember in cata it was alliance that was winning the majority of the bgs. Same thing is happening now for horde. I think on MoP launch most of the good players transferred to horde or something.

Then what you get is the loser/winner mentality. Horde is stronger why bother just throw the game and move on to the next one is what alliance does now. However if some of them actually try they can win definitely. As long as they aren't out geared of course. Gear>skill in the games current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post

I've never gone 0-12 as Horde. Granted, I've only played for 6.5 years and it may have been common prior to my time. That was a rage post after a few bad days but it feels 100% different on Alliance - the silent losses, the disorganized chaos.

My Faction Change cooldown is up in another day and I plan on spending the evening in BG's - hopefully the last 2 days are a fluke. My Night Elf looks so much better than my Tauren. >_>

Edit: 2nd loss in a row. Lookin' good for Blizzard's pockets.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-08-05 at 09:17 PM.