Equipiement and logistics speaking, what do Iron Horde have against us?

Azeroth

Mythical weapons:
    - Atiesh
    - Ashbringer
    - Thunderfury
    - Shadowmourne
    - Quel'Delar
    - Glowing Brightwood Staff

Equipment:

Everything that Iron Horde have, and more

Races:

Everything except Gronn and Ogres (ok, one advantage there), if you count size and brute strength alone.

Magics:

Everything they have to the power 10. Warlock magic beyond anything Gul'Dan has knowledge of. Shamanism with 30 extra years of experience. Mages, Priests, *shudder* monks, druids.

Heroes:

Beyond counting

Experience:

30 years of warring against anything from your lowliest Murlocs to not fully powered Kil'Jaeden and Old Gods.

General army equipment materials:

Light years beyond what we had for Orcs and Humans and Warcraft 2. Ele-freaking-mentium.

What does Iron Horde have to oppose all that? A bunch of guys experienced at war by ages of war and training. That's great, so were the Samurai, but we all know what happened to them. Japanese steel doesn't parry bullets.

Imagine if some dude took a bunch of resources involving knowledge about advanced modern weaponry went back in time and spent a few years teaching Genghis Khan and his horde how to use it all and that is basically what is happening with the Iron Horde. Their tech is super modernized compared to what you might have seen in game in the regular timeline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    What does Iron Horde have to oppose all that? A bunch of guys experienced at war by ages of war and training. That's great, so were the Samurai, but we all know what happened to them. Japanese steel doesn't parry bullets.
    What a very terrible analogy. You do realise that the whole concept of the IRON horde is the fact that they're given Iron Star technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    What a very terrible analogy. You do realise that the whole concept of the IRON horde is the fact that they're given Iron Star technology?
    Garrosh has some plans from Horde technology. That doesn't include Alliance technology, battlefield experience, equipment materials, heroes, race diversity...

The equipment is modernized to be on our level.... but imagine the Old Horde, before the drinking of the blood, all those orcs, a planets worth, with that technology.

I would say the best analogy would be China obtaining our technology(West) and using it. It isn't really a matter of technological superiority, more along the lines of outnumbering us with equivalent technology.

Nothing we've not beaten before and nothing that keeps them alive very long br 2 or 3 come 6.0's end.

"greatest threat azeroth has ever faced"...

I think the point is that they have about equal technology WITH the entire Horde armies before they were dwindled down to nothing after the 3 wars and the whole Garrosh fiasco, AKA they outnumber us like 5 to 1, or more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Garrosh has some plans from Horde technology. That doesn't include Alliance technology, battlefield experience, equipment materials, heroes, race diversity...
    But it includes knowledge on them. Imagine going back to a point to raise an army with the combined knowledge of your enemies weakness in war and a technological catalyst that effectively propels your race half a century forward.

They have metal spikes. A lot of them. Everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    But it includes knowledge on them. Imagine going back to a point to raise an army with the combined knowledge of your enemies weakness in war and a technological catalyst that effectively propels your race half a century forward.
    Learning in a classroom is one thing, fighting an enemy on the battlefield is another, if movies and books taught me anything useful.

The Iron Horde can learn all they want about the Alliance, the first time a charge of Tauren, Worgen and armored Paladins will smash through their ranks, no one will stop to ask "what was the counter to this? I remember it was on last week's quiz". A shitstorm will ensue, that's what.

Then Gul'Dan will summon some demons and be all like "look at me I have Legion knowledge blah blah" while our Warlocks rain Infernals on them and shit. It's like...I just don't see it working.

Sure, later on, they might reorganize and get Gronn and all that into a more cohesive battlegroup, but I don't see them winning against the Alliance in any of their early engagements, just because they learn about us. Remember, we ALSO know ALL their tactics. Anything Garrosh knows, we know. Anything Draenor Horde knows, we know, from 2 wars fought against them.

Hellscream may be the Mick Jagger of the Horde, but he can't do shit against a second generation Deathknight.

Remember, Iron Horde won't even have Deathknights yet.

Deleted
    The nature of this topic is stupidly loaded anyway. Of course we'll win. That's the nature of a fantasy game let alone an MMO.

You can apply our "equipment and logistics" against previous forces we've faced. The answer is still the same.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-08-05 at 01:05 AM.

Frankly, they probably couldn't REALLY touch us for reasons listed above, and the fact that their entire force would have to invade Azeroth through the biggest choke point of the world (The Dark Portal).

But I'll accept it and move on with my life because I like where this expansion is going

Maybe thats why Garrosh is dead and the iron horde has their shit pushed in during launch content? They never stood a chance.

But don't simply pretend modern Warlocks can compare to Gul'Dan him escaping and if the Shadow council are the ones who stole the Vision of Time. Makes the threat of the Shadow Council and their Legion Masters a very large threat. More important then Another Garrosh Failed Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Cho'gall was part of Gul'Dans band of Cronies and in modern times Cho'Gall helped to royally fuck up stability around the world.

- - - Updated - - -

So I mean you can downplay the Warlords but fact is most of the Chieftains of the Draenor Clans are responsable for nearly every catastrophic event in the History of Azeroth Since Orcs and Humans.

Cho'Gall? Twilight Clan / Crazy son of a bitch.....
    Gul'Dan? Stormreaver Clan / Remains Empowered Illidan / Asshole Extrordinair
    Ner'zhul? Became Lich King / Loves being betrayed
    Kargath? Fel Horde in Outland
    Rend BlackHand? Blackrock Clan was a modern threat and continued to be when Garrosh went mad
    Derpdosh Hellscream? The Crybaby of the Warsong Clan son of Grom the Dick

All they have is numbers really.

What better way to relive 20 years of Warcraft history then to beat the everliving shit out of every orc that was the responsible for every event.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    What better way to relive 20 years of Warcraft history then to beat the everliving shit out of every orc that was the responsible for every event.
    no thanks, we've already spent 20 years in siege killing orcs...wtb fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Would rather pave the way to the Dark Portal with draenei skulls again.

hehe