Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    Check out this NPC's face :O
    What shoulders is the female using? That model is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherweave Cloth View Post
    What shoulders is the female using? That model is amazing.
    That's one of the new Mage tier 17 designs mixed with what I'm guessing is a chestpiece with texture set on "Assbutt."
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If those are the most recent updates, then these artists aren't trying anymore. Seem that Karabor and Bladespire aren't the only things getting "cut". If I had to guess, in order to reduce the amount of resources reduced in artistic design, devs are simply trying adjusting an already existing face into something different that is similar to the other faces.

For example, one Undead female face died (oh the irony!). I'm talking about the one with a skeleton face, almost fleshless, with barely any skin, let alone meat, in her face.

Night Elf females are another one. All of them look just too different from their respective old versions. It's like completely new options for faces.

Human females (and Gnomes as well) seem to have an issue with their eyes. They're either too big or the eyelids are shaped or positioned in a way that makes them have this constant glare, even with blinking animations. Of course, this is much more serious on Gnomes than Human females.

As for Troll females... they have same issue Draenei females have (or used to have, if they happened to fix it). Basically, they look like the same face with different expressions.

It's not that they're bad, but they don't seem to be putting enough effort to try to make these faces feel the same way they used to.

If these faces are almost done, then I can say they failed miserably at trying to keep the same feeling.

P.S.: Am I the only one feeling the females are kinda getting a similar problem with their faces much like female Worgen? I mean, I can spot lightly different traits that resemble their older versions but at the end of the day, their faces are quite similar. For example, the Human female face with green eyes seem to have lost her round shaped face.

7+ Year Old Account
    But same feeling doesn't mean the exact same thing. The old models were made at least 10 years ago and many of them are really awful, like human males or tauren females. So many failures in those models. It's obvious that they are changing those failures.

People compare too much. You should take this as a WoW 2.0 and forget about the old models. At least give the new ones a try. Then if you don't like them you can go back to the old ones with one simple little click.

Frozen faces can always melt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidmoe View Post
    But same feeling doesn't mean the exact same thing. The old models were made at least 10 years ago and many of them are really awful, like human males or tauren females. So many failures in those models. It's obvious that they are changing those failures.

People compare too much. You should take this as a WoW 2.0 and forget about the old models. At least give the new ones a try. Then if you don't like them you can go back to the old ones with one simple little click.
    But the new models are so technically superior, it feels bad having to go back to them. Especially those that were technically abysmal like female tauren.

"Changing failures" isn't what they should be doing. For some models, the old one was such a blocky low-poly mess that any HD upgrade would be a good thing. That doesn't mean that they should be changing key features of the model. The reason the old models failed wasn't their design or style, it was their technical workings. Upgrade the model, but leave the details intact. That is what the "same feeling" means.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucrush View Post
    Just tried to fix it for you, what do you think?

Not bad :P

As for Troll females... they have same issue Draenei females have (or used to have, if they happened to fix it). Basically, they look like the same face with different expressions.
    The thing is original fem Draenei's faces were the same too. The difference were minimal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    But the new models are so technically superior, it feels bad having to go back to them. Especially those that were technically abysmal like female tauren.

"Changing failures" isn't what they should be doing. For some models, the old one was such a blocky low-poly mess that any HD upgrade would be a good thing. That doesn't mean that they should be changing key features of the model. The reason the old models failed wasn't their design or style, it was their technical workings. Upgrade the model, but leave the details intact. That is what the "same feeling" means.
    Many design and style were arguably bad for the old model. Human male face for example.

I have said many times that new models will never be the same as the old models. The base faces themselves are different. Don't expect them to mirror the same option. Only way to do that is to update only texture of the old models.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-08-24 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Can someone post all the human dk faces/skins? would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    New human male face option
    I know it's been several pages, but this is absolutely awesome. They had BETTER have it in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Neshezim View Post
    I don't think there's any close-ups, but this thread should help in the meantime!

Deleted

Woah, new femgnome faces look so much better now, though they are a bit too serious. Little, barely notable, smile would be looking good on some of them.

Btw can someone post dk version of femgnome faces/eyes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heilkraft View Post

Oh my godddddddd :'D beautiful
    She looks horribly "cramped", actually.
    I don't know I just can't get used to the new human females eyes. Something is wrong with them.

Deleted

I think this is from the old release of the faces, meaning there should be an updated version of it. Still not happy seeing these lips but to be honest I am glad someone likes her.

She looks a lot better than in previous iterations. I still think there's room for improvement though. The old face had almost no visible lid and thick black eyeliner, giving off a strong cat-eye effect which made her look somewhat "mysterious". This is still missing currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did some 1 say Frankenstein?

Do fem Draenei have their fangs back yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I like my human monk, Vasim.
    you could perform swam lake on that chin hair.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I still think there's room for improvement though.
    Yep. Eyebrows should be lower for example.

Frozen faces can always melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Did some 1 say Frankenstein?

i've got to make a troll character named mattwilson once WoD goes live.

gotta fiddle with this importing stuff so i can see my characters.