Holy Paladin/Enh Shaman team viable?

Me and my friend we recently re-subscribed to wow and since the expansion is on the end and there is no point gearing for pve we thought to try something different for fun! We are pve guys for many years now but we wanna try our luck in arena and get some pvp experience.

I play holy paladin and he play enh shaman. We grinded some Bgs and dungeons and got some 522 honor gear and some 522 pve gear with valor. We are also aiming for the 522 pvp weapons and then we are gonna try in arena...Is this team viable? We have lot of experience in pve and we know to play our classes very good although I understand that the pvp is a different philosophy where cc and surviving takes priority.

Also how does rating works? If we keep losing at start, will we match up with other of same personal rating? or it is completely random now that there are no arena teams? Also what would be a good strategy to follow? cc one (healer if there is one) and then my friend try to burst down the other as I keep stun/repentance/interrupt the healer/other team member?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

It's decent I guess. Enhance very susceptible to being kited so freedoms from the paladin will help. Bursting will be very obvious to the enemy team though.

Holy paladin is probably the worst healer in pvp right now. Especially in arena they get cced a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Holy paladin is probably the worst healer in pvp right now. Especially in arena they get cced a lot.
    I also have a discipline priest but will need some time to grind honor/dungeons again to get his gear on par with my holy pala...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I also have a discipline priest but will need some time to grind honor/dungeons again to get his gear on par with my holy pala...
    Hah, think again :P

Disc is just as bad as holy paladin right now. You should make that priest holy and you can be competitive in 2s.

that would be easy...just some gems and reforge tweaks

It's okay. Shamans and holy paladins got some pretty good synergy together.

However, it would be infinitely better if the shaman played elemental instead.

Not bad actually, main problema is that you will have to play with fear and it drs with blinding light.
    As for CC avoidance, I don't think it is too bad, you have grounding, tremor and hex dispel from the shaman, plus sac, trinket, bop, bubble and taunt.

Not a retarded comp to play, but still has potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately you will get stomped almost every game until you get prideful gear. You will have to play perfectly to win games in 522 honor gear.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Unfortunately you will get stomped almost every game until you get prideful gear. You will have to play perfectly to win games in 522 honor gear.
    there are few pieces left to complete 522 gear (2 trinkets and wrist). If we lose the first 20-30 games, doesn't that mean that we will eventualy draw against similar gear/skill players? I don't wanna think that all players in arena are full prideful gear, it is depressing

Hopefully WoD is around the corner and once again we will all have equal gear at the start of the exp..with the few games we had so far (and yes we lost ) I have to say that I hate resto druids already.. almost every heal they have is instant and can't be interrupted and also the have lot of cc (compared to my paladin).. and also mobility through shapeshift!

All I have is a stun in 30 sec cd and a second chance to life (shield) when I get rolfstomped by 2 dps opponents! But I don't complain cause is quite fun and all I can say is that arena push you into your limits and make you better player for sure. I am looking forward to see how it will be in WoD with less cc, because cc now is sick

Deleted
    pal/enh shouldn't be too shabby. but as someone mentioned, your gear will make it very rough to start. eventually you'll have such low mmr that you will face boosted 90s mostly though. keep us posted on your progress!

ok another question My Paladin is Human. Does it worth to get the Grievous Gladiator's Medallion of Meditation for the 5k resillience set bonus, since the trinket use share cd with my racial? Or better use honor elsewhere?(still need wrist and belt).

EDIT: I got the badge btw and it counts for the set bonus...set bonus said Emblem and Medalion, While I can get the badge and the insignia instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Tano View Post
    pal/enh shouldn't be too shabby. but as someone mentioned, your gear will make it very rough to start. eventually you'll have such low mmr that you will face boosted 90s mostly though. keep us posted on your progress!
    hehe, currently still gathering 522 gear but we are almost finished..and then we will dive into arenas...I ll update for failure or success
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2014-08-06 at 09:05 PM.

It's all about rng... if the enha can pop all cds and score the kill it's ok... but this will work on for low rating cuz ppl dont know how to use defensive cds

Quote Originally Posted by Indifferency Hop View Post
    It's all about rng... if the enha can pop all cds and score the kill it's ok... but this will work on for low rating cuz ppl dont know how to use defensive cds
    yep, after lot of lses we finally managed to get wins. What I found is that if we draw against 2 DPS, we will win 90% of the time. If we draw against another Healer+DPS team, the match will last 10-15 minutes and there is 50-50% chance to win.

At our first matches against good teams, even the 2 DPS teams rolfstomp us. They could just stun/silence me and kill me in a matter of seconds..but now on lower ranking I can survive the burst of 2 DPS.

An unlikely duo! I'd like to see it. Paladins can be locked down too easily and shamans have very little they can do when this gets happened. Maybe WoD will change that.

Deleted
    All healers are currently viable for 2200+ in 2s. Go with the one you prefer. The one you think is the funniest.