Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Going to get more serious with pet battles :D

So I'm resubbing once my fiancee goes back to college once summer's over, and with that new sub I'm starting fresh with a new main, and more importantly: pet battles. I've always loved them, but never really took them seriously. I have a team at level 15 that I got bored with just because apparently the level 15 hump is punishing, and I felt it xD. My team when I come back is going to be a faerie dragon (if I can find one), brewpup, and an owl. Can anyone give me some pointers that'll take me all the way to 25? I feel like I could be doing a lot better
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

The only thing that I see is using the correct pets for the correct battles. Other than that, everything is RNG based. I just started doing pet battles 3 weeks ago, and I have 5 level 25 pets, and about a dozen in the 18 - 24 range. At least half of those pets were captured around level 20. I have about 175 pets all told, but have only spent time leveling about 12 of them. I have been taking my level 25 pets and fighting level 23 and 24 pets.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

The team you want to make there might be ones you like and might even have a chance in pvp at 25 but is not ideal for the tamer beating.
    First pet one should raise to 25 is anbisol idol this pet can sometimes solo even the pandarian pet tamers and is very good in pvp.
    The dragon you have is nice but the best dragons for leveling are the emerald proto whelp or the emerald whelping either one are great tamer beating pets.
    As for a flyer moths for tamers are pretty much top of the food chain and again great for pvp with cocoon and a stun these are great pets.
    What else would one want:
    Mechanical wise- clockwork gnome or son of animus are to top choices here mechanicals have lots of good ones though lil bling, mechanical dragonlin, darkmoon tonk and zeppelin mechs are some of the best ones.
    Humanoid- Flayer youngling, quirgardenling, kin lei runt, valentine day pet humanoids another strong family.
    Beast- top of food chain is the death addler hatchling, but cats s/s like the sand kitten, fox pets with howl and speed boosts, spiders with their spider bomb set up using brittle web and spider swarm can two shot a lot of things another strong class but lots of the same pets over and over
    Flying- moths are just awesome, crows and raven very good too
    Critter- seems like the same pets and moves over and over in this group but the spring rabbit with its 357 speed is a monster, squirrels with their Acorn and swarm move are very nice too. Also for the most part this classes anti stun racial is one of the best except some how moths sleep powder seems to stun them though.
    Elemental- very good mech killing class or avoid weather effect class since hat is their racial.
    Fel flame, Phoenix hatchling, sandling drop from tot are nice pets and the clone dancer is a monster big hitter but can be a bit of glass cannon.
    Aquatic- emperor crab eats undead and laughs at valk, croc pets have one of the biggest hitting moves in blood in the water, frogs have that kiss that can stun lock, striders are fast with big hitting pump move
    Magic- lanterns have nice blind plus big hit off it, void walker can be decent tank pet but one of weaker classes
    Undead- valk is just OP, crawling claw nice, scourge whelping one of the top classes for pvp, pve wise not many chances to use them to full potential due to very few humanoids to fight pve wise.
    Dragons- top flyer killing class all whelpings nice, emerald whelp and proto too, and oynixia whelping nice too

These are just but a few of the top pets.
    Many more to find as you level and play around with them.
    Hope you have fun

My advice would be level any combination of anubisath idol, molten core imp and emerald dragon to 25 first. Those 3 pets are beasts when it comes to PvE, they can whittle down pretty much anything. Don't bother with fantasy favorite teams, since very few pets are globally useful. In most situations you want to use specific pets.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There usually are now a few cool pets for almost no gold on the AH..like Chrominus and the pets from MC.

I didn't bother with the Cataclysm tamers, they are a bit annoying and rather chose the lv 25 tamers that can be duoed. Wowhead has some nice guides....and Jewsco two posts up has pretty much summed it up.
    I believe you have to the cata trainers at least once.
    Because after beating all the trainers isn't that when one gets the safari hat?
    The 10% buff from that hat makes leveling pets so much easier and it is account bound once one toon does it the hat is mailed to all toons.
    So good way to get xp for pets and Alts.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There usually are now a few cool pets for almost no gold on the AH..like Chrominus and the pets from MC.

I didn't bother with the Cataclysm tamers, they are a bit annoying and rather chose the lv 25 tamers that can be duoed. Wowhead has some nice guides....and Jewsco two posts up has pretty much summed it up.
    No cata trainers = no xp hat.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann